IGNORED

Anyone else seeing stuttering during cinematics in Killzone?

goldenegg

I just gave Killzone a try and there was a fair bit of stuttering during cinema tics. The intro (where is says the name of the game), was the worst as the audio skipped a bit. Everything in game plays fine, but all the cinema tics I've seen have a stuttering issue.

I have the latest game update installed and the game did fully install itself to the HDD. Maybe I should delete the content on the hard drive and have it reinstall.

EDIT:

Well ... it seems that it must have been due to copying files to the drive. I can't replicate the problem anymore. That tells me that the progress bar it shows when first putting in a game disk does not represent the full copy that occurs. It's only the minimum that's needed to start the game.

That brings up a question as to how are we supposed to know when a game has completed copying all its data? Hmmm ....

• Like 1

I'd like to know too...I was tempted to get this or Black Flag and I ended up getting Black Flag cause I'm more of a closet Assassin's Creed fan anyway.

I know they got rid of the jetpack which I seriously didn't care for in the last game like most people did. I heard weapon swapping and reloading is real fast and the graphics are very good. (No more browns and grays)

Glad you got it figured out. What are your thoughts on the game?

So far, I'm fairly lukewarm on the game. I haven't played any of the previous 1st person Killzone games, so maybe I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. I find it's extremely vague as to what it wants you to do. My favourite so far is "Hold LEFT to highlight items in the area". So I hold LEFT, everything turns green and then what? Nothing really stands out as different.

Combat is fairly dull, especially since it's easy to get in situations with the same enemies swarming over and over and over until you find the alarm you need to deactivate.

The graphics are really pretty though. It's really nice to see PC level graphics on a console.

Would I recommend the game? Probably not.

I don't think I could add any to your complaints other than I felt that the pacing in the first couple levels was slow. The first level is just you walking around as a boy..... I'd complain that they could have summed up the first level in a cut scene but then I'd probably complain that the game relied on cut scenes too much.

I guess it is going for more of a steath approach. I'm not big on steath games which may be why I am not overly fond on the game and why, in later levels where's there's more enemies, I find myself going in guns blazing and dieing. I agree, ho hum gameplay but a sight for the eyes. Resogun on the other hand is great pick up and play fun.

Resogun on the other hand is great pick up and play fun.

Resogun is great! It's a brilliant modern take on Defender.

I'm quite enjoying Knack. While it's pretty much a 'by the books' platformer, it's a lot of fun. You need to get used to the dodge mechanic though, otherwise you're going to die A LOT!

I enjoyed Killzone for the most part. I had some difficulty near the end but was able to take care of it eventually.

GoldenEgg you had issues with the sonic pulse, holding the left to highlight items in the area. If you hold left on the D-Pad it will show enemies and pickups through the walls, within the sonic range. They will show up as colored outlines. This helps you lay out your plan of attack. You hold the left D-Pad until it is almost full and let go, or else it will alert the enemies of your presence.

I am just now starting Knack so I will take your advice and use the Dodge to full effect.

I just finished KZ and actually ended up enjoying it. The pacing that bugged me at the beginning picked up. I will be playing this game through on harder difficulty again and do some trophy hunting. Most reviews I read gave it around a 8/10 which I think is a good not great score and is just about right for this game.

Last level gave me fits. Just in case *spoiler* I thought you had to destroy the cameras on the last level with your bots. I kept getting spotted and killed while I was maneuvering my bots. Took me near an hour to realize I just had to find the switch for the cameras. Lastly had the game ended when the first credits started rolling I would have hated the ended. The true last level brought nice closure to it *end spoiler*

Started knack. Haven't gotten too far into it to form an opinion on it but I will say that it is surprisingly difficult. Playing medium difficulty and anytime there are 3 or more enemies on the screen I find myself dieing 90% of the time. Thankfully you don't start too far back. Maybe I just have to spend more time with the combat system?

Edited by GKC

It took me until chapter 5 to get used to the combat in Knack. You'll eventually realize the game wants you to take your time and learn each enemy's pattern. I had a tough time stopping myself from going in 'guns blazing' with each new round of enemies.

The fact you maintain your crystal level when dying is both a blessing and curse. If you use your special powers and end up dying, you won't get them back when you respawn, which can be maddening. It also means that you can abuse this system by collecting crystals and dying. You'll keep the crystals you collected, which can help you get back to full power.

• 3 months later...