IGNORED

Super Mario 3D World reviews

xg4bx

The reviews do look excellent. This is the kind of exclusive stuff that's going to make people (me too) want to get a Wii U!

The 3DS version is so fun that I bought a 3DS XL because of it.

That's true that releasing it at the same time as the Xbone and PS4 means it's not getting the attention it deserves. I guess they thought they'd try to compete for some attention those systems are getting???

Nintendo's having a real battle with marketing, this time. Turning out great games like this should help. I wonder if this is THE 3D Mario game for the system, or if they'll have another in the style of Super Mario Galaxy, too?

I must admit that I watch an embarassingly large amount of Nick at Nite so I see commercials for WiiU, Mario 3D World and Zelda ALBW a couple times per day. Although xBONE seems to be advertised on the major networks like FOX a lot more. I'd love to see some HD remakes for Wii and GCN games like we saw on the PS3. How dope would it be to get Mario Galaxy1&2 HD and Mario Sunshine HD? Either way, Mario 3D World looks amazing. I loved 3D Land but fell short of 100%ing the game by a few gold poles and Luigi finishes so Im really looking forward to seeing 3D World through 100%.

Bought it. Haven't seriously played a Mario games since N64. This one blew my mind. What a fantastic homage to the entire series. It has theme park feel to it so far. Makes me realize what I love about video games. Who needs realism and first person shooters. LOVE IT!!!

• Like 1

I watched Mike from Cinemassacre's first time playing video and the game looks really cool. Like him I really think all those new Mario's since the first DS one are great fun and not stupid cookie cutter games. This one is like taking the best of all those + 3D Land, adding stuff and then boosting the visuals to HD to top it off. All these games have the same art style making them look alike, but you really have to play each one to see how it differs from the rest. I think the whole cat Mario thing is pretty cool too, because Mario could never just climb up walls in such an easy way before.

The only thing it doesn't have are the Koopalings and Bowser Jr., but we see plenty of them now and aren't missing them like we used to because the NSMB series keeps them active as they should be.

Edited by TheGameCollector

I've been playing it since Saturday and I love it. My only complaint is that the levels (with a few exceptions) are too easy. Still, it's good fun. I knew I got a Wii-U for a reason.

The guy who rang we up at the GameStop was looking at the back of the box saying that he was sorry he sold his Wii-U now and was going to have to get another one to play this.

The guy who rang we up at the GameStop was looking at the back of the box saying that he was sorry he sold his Wii-U now and was going to have to get another one to play this.

That makes me laugh. Why buy a console right away if you're not going to be patient waiting for good games to come out? If you need 3-4 good games before you pull the trigger, being an early adopter isn't for you.

• Like 1

After a bit more time with the game I'd dare say that this is the Wii U's ''killer app''. While I've enjoyed the console since launch this is the first game that's made me think ''holy crap, I'm glad I have this console''. And next year with DK, Smash, Mario Kart, and Bayonetta methinks the fun won't end anytime soon.

• Like 1

Too easy?! I needed to be invincible to beat world 1. And that was after I managed to find 10 green stars, which wasn't easy. Took me 70 freaking minutes to beat level 1. If you find it too easy, please come over to my house and beat it for me. :mad: This is without doubt the hardest Mario game I have ever played. So it sucks.

Too easy?! I needed to be invincible to beat world 1. And that was after I managed to find 10 green stars, which wasn't easy. Took me 70 freaking minutes to beat level 1. If you find it too easy, please come over to my house and beat it for me. :mad: This is without doubt the hardest Mario game I have ever played. So it sucks.

You need practice. :P

I'm up to world 5 now and it's still way too easy. I think there were two levels that gave me a challenge (that one with the moving gates was evil!) but the rest were too easy and too short. Still, I'm loving this game.

Yeah, that's the thing--it's been really easy so far, but still a ton of fun. Strange how that works out.

I am betting the Star World (or whatever is equivalent to it in this game) will be what offers the real challenge. We'll see. Currently I am up to World 5 myself.