IGNORED

One day till day one!

moycon

Did anyone else pre-order? I'm psyched! I'm a bit worried though, I got the PS4 on launch day pre-ordering from Amazon.

Can't recall what day it had shipped or if they sent a email that it had. I just checked my orders and it just says shipping but no tracking number. It does say delivery estimate: November 22, 2013 so I'm thinking/hoping it'll be here tomorrow.

I have to work tonight and Sunday night next week (rarely anything goes on Sunday nights), but then after that I'll be off for the rest of the week! Planning on spending a good deal of time with my new "toy" starting tomorrow I hope.

Anyways, just curious to see for sure who else will have the Xbox One on Day One. Hopefully when we sign in to the new system with our profile it'll transfer over friends lists. If anyone want to try out features or online hit me up. I should have Killer Instincts, Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising 3.

One more day!!

actually if I get one Dead rising 3 looks good, even at my advanced age

You won't ever get one. Your seething hatred for a company, and your inability to go against your decided opinion will deprive you of ever doing so and no one cares.

Act like a grownup and go discuss Wii U and PS4, the consoles you supposedly like. If you want to troll try IGN, lots of 12 years old there will get a kick out of it.

Gawd. Don't care about Sony or M$ this iteration. Went in to Gamestop unawares and was caught off guard by employees with Kermit green Xbox shirts. One even had green furry ears on to accentuate the costume. One lucky staff member was stuck in the corner serving some dish that wouldn't even be fit for the school lunch garbage disposal.

• Like 1

I have the console pre-ordered, along with the 3 day-one games. Everything's expected to be delivered tomorrow. I likely won't set it up until Saturday, as I want to finish Knack and get at a little further in Killzone: Shadow Fall first. I have a feeling the XB1 launch titles will be keeping me busy for the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

I have the console pre-ordered, along with the 3 day-one games. Everything's expected to be delivered tomorrow. I likely won't set it up until Saturday, as I want to finish Knack and get at a little further in Killzone: Shadow Fall first. I have a feeling the XB1 launch titles will be keeping me busy for the next couple of weeks.

Sweet! I have to meet someone for lunch tomorrow, I know I'll be rushing it along so I can get home ASAP and make sure the package hasn't arrived.

Again to be clear, if you aren't getting the Xbox One tomorrow or planning on it ASAP, you really don't need to respond to this thread. Shoot me a PM if you need to let me know how your day went, or if you have to get it off your chest that you don't care about modern video games (for the 20th time) it'll help not clutter up a valid thread with garbage.

You won't ever get one. Your seething hatred for a company, and your inability to go against your decided opinion will deprive you of ever doing so and no one cares.

Act like a grownup and go discuss Wii U and PS4, the consoles you supposedly like. If you want to troll try IGN, lots of 12 years old there will get a kick out of it.

wow! a childish temper tanrum from BOY con. You know you might find your time better spent of facebook or other places . The 12 year old comment would apply to your peer group not mine as you mention I am too old. Now go clean your basement room before mama beats your ass.(god knows you need it!)

I've already had an Xbox 1 for 10 years. lol this one is an imposter.

Anybody on here with dial-up want to donate their unplayable Xbox One brick to me because you can't give it the day one patch?

Microsoft confirmed that the Xbox One can run PS4, Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360 through its HDMI port. So THIS is how you enable CD and mp3 audio playback during games for PS4. You plug it into the Xbox One and run the music off that. I'm going to get an Xbox One just for that cool feature. Then not buy any games for it until it has 10 RPGs for it.

Enough system jokes but that should make some of the above people laugh.

But seriously why the hell are there no launch RPGs? Where's the Fable series next entry? Why isn't Diablo 3 at least ready for launch? That game already came out, the other versions for the new consoles should have been ready from the get go.

I'll get an Xbox One day one if I can steal it.

• Like 3

Amazon should be delivering my console and Forza today. Battlefield 4 and COD Ghosts actually arrived Tuesday.

Will likely get Black Flag and Dead Rising as Xmas gifts for either me or my son. Was hoping that there would be a few different colors or special edition controllers available, been holding off on a second controller.

Will sneak in some Mario 3d World too.

• Like 1

Hopefully those of you who do get it at launch won't be affected by this.

"Several Xbox One buyers have reported disc drive issues"

If only a several people out of a million are affected, it would seem the chances are pretty slim, although there are still a lot of people who haven't gotten their pre-orders yet I'm sure. Since the release of the Atari 2600, there are always people who have issues even with new console, for instance several people received DOA PS3s when it launched. It's when it affects thousands that it's worth noting. Several buyers...not so sure I'm worried about that. Certainly something to keep an eye on though, I'm sure if anyone here has a drive issue you'll see in this forum very soon.

Still waiting on mine.

Got mine yesterday and hooked it up. Update and install was quick.... 5-10 minutes. Haven't run the satellite receiver through the unit yet though, wanted to play games as quick as possible.

HDD install of COD Ghosts took forever, way way longer than the system update. Forza install seemed a little faster. I just let Battlefield 4 install when I went to bed.

Will route cables properly and hook up the TV portion today.

I've got mine running as well. Everything was fine, it was easy to set up, booted up fine. I will say it sets on the Xbox One title longer than I expected and there is no animation or indication it's doing anything. In fact my first thought was it froze up. I walked out of the room, and came back and it had progressed. Downloading and installing of Killer Instincts took awhile, way longer than I was expecting. These games are just so big, having to install is a pain. I'm not a HUGE fighter fan, but there are a few I like. Soul Calibur is probably my favorite. I wasn't disappointed in KI, nor was I overly impressed. It was free so I can't complain. I loved what I played of Dead Rising although like Bilnick pointed out, installing took longer than I was expecting. In fact I would up just leaving and letting it install. Installing sucks. The game was great though the time I spent with it, which admittedly wasn't much. I had other obligation yesterday and didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked.

A couple things I did notice that irked me. The Avatar shop was dirt slow and often timed out when trying to enter or trying to save. Maybe too busy on day one. I dunno. Also. where is voice messages? On the 360 you could send little 15 second messages to friends. I don't see an option to this time. Checking out Xbox Video, of the dozens of TV shows I bought for the 360, I only found one that I could play (for free) on the One, any others they expected me to rebuy. That sucks. I guess from now on if I want to buy anything I'll get it on Amazon. I can still play all my Amazon purchases on the One., and they look GREAT!

Still need to play Ryse and Forza.

Got mine yesterday and having been loving it ever since. Played a decent bit of Dead Rising 3 so far (no marathon sessions though....I just got through chapter 0 or 1). And was really surprised how much I'm enjoying Forza 5. I do enjoy racing games but I've never been a racing sim player. But I've really enjoyed it so far!

Just got the 'ol Harmony remote updated for it while watching TV....through my XB1. I've really getting more and more accustomed to this 'all in one' functionality.