IGNORED

PS4 expensive on Amazon

mbd30

As of this writing, that's not Amazon - that's the Amazon Marketplace - other sellers. They can charge what they want. It appears that Amazon is sold out.

In a related note, it appears that a large number of the defective "blue light of death" PS4s are from Amazon. Sony (and others) claim it's their poor packing. I tend to agree; I've ordered consoles from Amazon and they make NO attempt to center/surround the console in the packing material. They throw it in the bottom of the box, and then pile a few "airbags" on top of it until the box is full. If the box is dropped, the console box receives the entire shock.

This article..... Amazon delivering broken PS4 consoles in poorly packaged boxes? has a picture of how they pack, and it *is* exactly how my Xbox 360 came, some time back, although my 360 was ok. Here's another article .... How Amazon Bungled The Sony Playstation 4 Launch. Claims most of the defective consoles were from Amazon. Could be luck of the draw, could be the PS4 is more fragile than other consoles? Is the PS4's own packaging not very good?

This article.... Amazon starts PS4 exchange procedure after hundreds receive faulty consoles seems a bit of corroborating evidence. So I'm not so sure I'd be eager to order one from Amazon, anyway. On the other hand, they probably sold 10s-of-thousands, so maybe it's still a low percentage.

I'd imagine after a "sold out" period to reward preorder fellas for their loyalty, these will be back in stores. I doubt Sony wants to miss out on Holiday sales, and the Xbone is going to help satiate the market's desire for brand new hardware.

As of this writing, that's not Amazon - that's the Amazon Marketplace - other sellers. They can charge what they want. It appears that Amazon is sold out.

In a related note, it appears that a large number of the defective "blue light of death" PS4s are from Amazon. Sony (and others) claim it's their poor packing. I tend to agree; I've ordered consoles from Amazon and they make NO attempt to center/surround the console in the packing material. They throw it in the bottom of the box, and then pile a few "airbags" on top of it until the box is full. If the box is dropped, the console box receives the entire shock.

I blame some of it on Amazon. Thats how mine was. My box was NOT completely filled with material and only had one piece of airbag on top of it and the PS4 box was flopping around inside of it when I shook the box. At first I was concerned but I had no problems with mine thankfully.

It's no excuse they have been really crappy the last few years with packaging on some things.

Edited by cimerians

Packaging from Amazon on mine was lacking too. Only problem I've had is my PS4 has turned on once or twice and there hasn't been sound. Each time the sound came back after a restart. I'm guessing it's an issue with the HDMI cable. I've read others with PS3 having this problem and simply changing the output on the tv and coming back to the ps3 fixed it. My tv is getting older so maybe it's a mix of the HDMI and tv?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, that while Amazon packaging sometimes isn't well done, Amazon itself stands behind the products it ships and the way it ships them.

Last Christmas, I ordered a Super Mario All Star's Limited Edition game for the Wii from Amazon. It arrived in a padded envelope and was crushed pretty good. I immediately Emailed Amazon with a complaint and they shipped over-night another copy (this time in a box), told me to keep the original, and gave me a $10 credit towards a further purchase.

I was very happy!

Amazon itself stands behind the products it ships and the way it ships them.

Yes, if that wasn't the case they would have big problems but I did have a few books arrive without proper packaging and water damage made the spines screwed up. They offered refunds for those instead of giving me new books...annoying but they have been great overall with returns, I cant really complain at all.

My tv is getting older so maybe it's a mix of the HDMI and tv?

The quality of the HDMI cable has a lot to do with it. I'm not saying it's the answer but I ALWAYS use Mediabridge HDMI cables on ALL of my game consoles and DVD\Blu ray players. Everything in my house is mediabridge that way I know I'm not using a crap cable. Even with new consoles..I toss out the packaged cable and stick with my own.

These:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ultra-Series-Ethernet-Certified/dp/B0019EHU8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386085508&sr=8-2&keywords=mediabridge+hdmi

The quality of the HDMI cable has a lot to do with it. I'm not saying it's the answer but I ALWAYS use Mediabridge HDMI cables on ALL of my game consoles and DVD\Blu ray players. Everything in my house is mediabridge that way I know I'm not using a crap cable. Even with new consoles..I toss out the packaged cable and stick with my own.

These:

http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ultra-Series-Ethernet-Certified/dp/B0019EHU8G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386085508&sr=8-2&keywords=mediabridge+hdmi

Thanks for the link and info.... I'll remember that in the future, even though so far I've never had problems with any HDMI cable I've used.

I had to laugh..... was in Best Buy on Sunday and someone was buying a Blu-ray DVD player for $40 and the salesman was trying to sell them a $100 Monster HDMI cable to go with it. :lolblue:

Thanks for the link and info.... I'll remember that in the future, even though so far I've never had problems with any HDMI cable I've used.

I had to laugh..... was in Best Buy on Sunday and someone was buying a Blu-ray DVD player for $40 and the salesman was trying to sell them a $100 Monster HDMI cable to go with it. :lolblue:

lol....thats the biggest rippoff on the planet.