IGNORED

Oil Derrick

OX.

Just thought I'd interject here: I think that disk might be corrupted as well - TIImageTool found an error in SYS-SCRNS, and looking at the file, something does seem a bit odd.

corrupt-file.png

These Tigercub programs really seem like some of the neatest software written for the TI - it's too bad to see so many of the disks in the collection are no good :(.

Edited by RobertLM78

If you are talking about the e5 bytes, yes, seems to be a lost sector.

But I just saw you have the same graphic output issues as I have. This started to occur just recently, maybe a current Java release. I mean, this is a standard JTextArea I'm using, what could be done wrong?

If you are talking about the e5 bytes, yes, seems to be a lost sector.

But I just saw you have the same graphic output issues as I have. This started to occur just recently, maybe a current Java release. I mean, this is a standard JTextArea I'm using, what could be done wrong?

I was referring to the E5 bytes as well as the graphic output ;).

Iced-tea java was just updated a few days ago - so maybe that is the issue as far as graphics are concerned. But, even with the erroneous display, the file is definitely corrupt. I think we need to figure out what disks from the Tigurcub collection are corrupt and see if we can hunt down those disks from the wild, then update whtech accordingly.

"Check filesystem" was one of the first features of TIImageTool because I needed a tool to verify that the disk images were correct which I created by reading my TI floppy disks in a PC drive. So maybe these lost sectors also come from bad imaging.

Perhaps so - the problem of corruption is not uncommon in Tigercub collection. If I were to guess, I'd say 50% are corrupt, although I have in no way checked all of those disks - there are a ton of them ;).