IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

greetings world!

my first Carol vs Ghost game I got creamed.

my second game I scored 250

post-34560-0-05740500-1386293740_thumb.gif

my third game: 1234

post-34560-0-80633400-1386293743_thumb.gif

post-34560-0-35524700-1386294152_thumb.gif

I, Helper ! Saved Christmas!

I thought I had this game's number! now every time I have played since it has not been going so well... finding this game has a long learning curve. At first I thought it was "ok," a little slow. After a couple days I am finding it excellent, fun and addicting! looking forward to playing every night :-D

I got some perfects up thru level 8 (forgot which stage is freezer burn):

post-34560-0-23606100-1386294087_thumb.gif

post-34560-0-47160700-1386294086_thumb.gif

a question: ow do I know what is the perfect score in a practice round? since you can get gifts more than once...

• Like 3

greetings world!

my first Carol vs Ghost game I got creamed.

my second game I scored 250

attachicon.gifCarol vs Ghost 250.gif

my third game: 1234

attachicon.gifCarol vs Ghost 1234.gif

attachicon.gifYou Saved Christmas.gif

I, Helper ! Saved Christmas!

I thought I had this game's number! now every time I have played since it has not been going so well... finding this game has a long learning curve. At first I thought it was "ok," a little slow. After a couple days I am finding it excellent, fun and addicting! looking forward to playing every night :-D

I got some perfects up thru level 8 (forgot which stage is freezer burn):

attachicon.gifCarol vs Ghost L7 Perfect 667.gif

attachicon.gifCarol vs Ghost L8 Perfect 698.gif

a question: ow do I know what is the perfect score in a practice round? since you can get gifts more than once...

Great job! I'm glad you are enjoying the game. :)

As to your question, when you play in Practice Mode, it's a single stage, but it works the same as in the regular game: when you get a perfect score, you'll get the "PERFECT!" message and the bonus.

Wow! I suck at using the keyboard. Is there an Intellivision equivalent of the Stelladaptor for actual joystick use? What options are available?

Score: 55

attachicon.gifshot0001.gif

Ah, come on! You can't do better than that. Check out the tips and tricks thread. :)

As for joystick adaptors, I believe the emulator supports mapping a joystick connected to your PC to the game controls. There's also the Ultimate PC Interface, which allows you to use spare Intellivision controllers with the computer.

• Like 1

That reminds me, there was supposed to be one more achievement that was missed:

The Perfectionist Elf

Achieve a Perfect Level Bonus on any stage of the adventure.

Automatic: No
Available: Cartridge, ROM
I must have overwritten it inadvertently when adding the "Practice Makes Perfect" achievement. I've updated the Achievements page with it.
-dZ.

The game was designed especially for the Intellivision disc controller, and it works exceptionally well with it. I even added special logic to tune the response of turning directions and allow for very fast "cornering" with the disc.

However, for those who don't have the game in cartridge format or who don't own an Intellivision, using the keyboard or an external controller is just as fluid, though perhaps not as natural. It all depends on your level comfort and skill with the input type used. :)

For the competition, there's no advantage either way: the highest scoring players on last year's competition did it using both, the console and a PC.

-dZ.

Wow! I suck at using the keyboard. Is there an Intellivision equivalent of the Stelladaptor for actual joystick use? What options are available?

Score: 55

attachicon.gifshot0001.gif

Welcome to the contest and greetings from Brecksville!

Let me know if you need a real Intellivision to play it on ... I know a guy who has about 10 or so in his basement :ponder:

I hate Candy Cove :mad:. It's Evil.

For "The Perfectionist Elf" and the "I Have a Sweet Tooth" Achievements.

http://atariage.com/forums/public/style_images/gravity/attachicon.gif Perfect - Candy Cove.png

Haha! Everybody hates Candy Cove--even I!

Fun Fact:. When WispFollower and I were discussing the customizations of his game, we talked about designing a new level. I mentioned that it may not be practical to add a 9th stage, but that modifying an existing one should be easy.

I asked him if it came to that, which level he would like changed? As I typed the question, I thought to myself, "he'll probably say Candy Cove." He did, and I chuckled. :lol:

EDIT: Had to re-type post, for Tapatalk ate it!

Hey, guys! Sorry for the delay, the official leaderboard will be up tomorrow. Also, cparsley should be updating the rankings soon. There will be plenty of time to brag and dream of prizes, I promise! :)

Keep on playing and sending in those scores!

-dZ.

Welcome to the contest and greetings from Brecksville!

Let me know if you need a real Intellivision to play it on ... I know a guy who has about 10 or so in his basement :ponder:

Thanks from South Euclid for the warm welcome!

I can't afford to buy any hardware at the moment, but I may indeed be interested in an Intellivision console at some point. About how much do they run?

I'm totally hooked on this game. Already it is my favorite intv game. It reminds me of when I first got into playing coin-op donkey kong.

But I still haven't done as well as I did my first sitting that was craziness!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! By the way, if you don't own a copy of the CIB game, the manual is available for download as a PDF from the "buy" page, on the left where it says "Take a peek inside."

P.S. Just keep posting those scores! :)

• Like 1

Ok! I guess I don't have to beat my own score each day for the twelve days of Christmas achievement, eh?

Also, I would like to be called "SBAZ" on the leader board (no dot).

Well, the intention of the achievement is to play every day for twelve days and submit a different score. I guess it doesn't have to be a higher score very time. You should play for 12 days if you want to keep in the spirit of the challenge. Otherwise, the achievement becomes "how many people can click the upload button." ;)

-dZ.

I've updated the description of the achievement for clarity to say, "Play for twelve consecutive days and submit a different score every day."

Still, it doesn't have to be a higher score every time, though one would expect that practice makes perfect. ;)

My second score: 365

I'm just glad that it's not smaller than my first score :)

attachicon.gifshot0003.gif

What do you mean, that's a fantastic improvement! Plus, you've passed a couple of stages, so you're on your way to earning some achievements. Make sure to check out the tips & tricks from the previous year, and to heed any tricks offered by the veteran elves. Trust me, once you figure out some patterns, the entire game becomes easier.

The leaderboard will be up a bit later this morning, and all of you will be able to see where you rank and which achievement you've earned. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

I'm really rusted! :-o

I mean, on April I could reach the kill screen and it wasn't that hard.

But now I'm losing lives in many stages!!! Well, it's only my second full game, so I hope I can play much more until 31, Dec.

Wow, Liduario! Impressive, like always! :)

It's starting to look like last year, all we need is for Oscar G. to come and challenge you, and for some mysterious player to come in at the last minute and kick everyone's butts! :lol:

It doesn't matter, because this year, the prizes are per rank, so everyone gets a chance to win! :)

Cheers!

-dZ.