IGNORED

2nd Annual CvW competition (December)

I'm really rusted! :-o

I mean, on April I could reach the kill screen and it wasn't that hard.

But now I'm losing lives in many stages!!! Well, it's only my second full game, so I hope I can play much more until 31, Dec.

Your rusty is better than my highest score ever!

• Like 1

Your rusty is better than my highest score ever!

And your highest score ever is better than my "beta-test for over a year, difficulty parameter tuning, and programmer's insight" highest score. :lol:

Honestly, the color-coded score display was more of a wishful-thinking, "what if some obsessive freak plays my game until it cracks" idea. The best thing is knowing that people are enjoying it while beating the crap out of the game. :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

It may be a little frustrating to struggle with early levels again...

But I am finding new paths for some levels too! :thumbsup:

I didn't think I would change the way I played before. I hope I can find even more secrets...

BTW, did I told about the upper left prision in Icicle Lane? Not that Snowman won't ever escape, but he gets lost for a good time. :)

Did someone find this before?

It may be a little frustrating to struggle with early levels again...

But I am finding new paths for some levels too! :thumbsup:

I didn't think I would change the way I played before. I hope I can find even more secrets...

BTW, did I told about the upper left prision in Icicle Lane? Not that Snowman won't ever escape, but he gets lost for a good time. :)

Did someone find this before?

You mentioned something about it a few posts ago, but didn't explain how to do it. Would you show a video or post some more details? Sounds like an interesting trick.

-dZ.

You mentioned something about it a few posts ago, but didn't explain how to do it. Would you show a video or post some more details? Sounds like an interesting trick.

-dZ.

I gave a tip for Snowflake Gardens. I guess I could explain that well...

For Icicle Lane, you first need to lure Snowman to the upper left corridors.

You escape using the upper left tunnel right in front of the corridors, you must escape while distance to snowman is big enough so he won't follow you but enter the corridors.

Once snowman is in the corridors you can pick almost all presents and candies. Snowman won't leave the 'prison'. Just don't go southwest area...

To get the final presents, two in the center of screen and on the bottom left, watch snowman movement. Go when he's entering deep into corridor, going away from the entrance/exit.

post-32348-0-98956600-1386440106_thumb.gif

You can grab your present and snowflake, then wait in the red X Wait spot.

When Snowman reaches the X - GO! mark. Go left and enter the tunnel!

You'll have a great safe zone.

Presents outside safe zone can be picked if you follow snowman's movement and don't show yourself when he's approaching the corridor exit.

• Like 1

I gave a tip for Snowflake Gardens. I guess I could explain that well...

For Icicle Lane, you first need to lure Snowman to the upper left corridors.

You escape using the upper left tunnel right in front of the corridors, you must escape while distance to snowman is big enough so he won't follow you but enter the corridors.

Once snowman is in the corridors you can pick almost all presents and candies. Snowman won't leave the 'prison'. Just don't go southwest area...

To get the final presents, two in the center of screen and on the bottom left, watch snowman movement. Go when he's entering deep into corridor, going away from the entrance/exit.

That's great, thank you! The Snowflake Garden tip was very good as well. :)

-dZ.

My picture editting skills aren't good... I know. :-D

It is a very cool tip. I had noticed that behaviour of the Snowman before, but never really paid attention how it emerged, so it just occurred randomly once in a while when I played. Now I know how to make it happen all the time. :)

• Like 1

What was the final high score last year? I couldn't find it on the HSC leader board. Not that I expect to get remotely close to it, but I'm curious.

@Lid -- Damn, you're on fire!!.....6k?!!

The final score is in the official web site, in the Winners section. Remember, we post the scores and share with the rest of the challengers here, but the official leaderboard is on the Carol vs. The World web site.

-dZ.

• Like 1

What was the final high score last year? I couldn't find it on the HSC leader board. Not that I expect to get remotely close to it, but I'm curious.

@Lid -- Damn, you're on fire!!.....6k?!!

14,034 by Wispfollower was the highest score.

I got 2nd place with 10,634.

All scores are well displayed in the official Christmas Carol Web Page.

That contest had an unexpected ending. I was still in first in Dec, 31 until 9:00 PM or so.

• Like 2

14,034 by Wispfollower was the highest score.

I got 2nd place with 10,634.

All scores are well displayed in the official Christmas Carol Web Page.

That contest had an unexpected ending. I was still in first in Dec, 31 until 9:00 PM or so.

Yes, and then you went to bed and WispFollower came in at 11:30 PM and kicked everyone's but while you slept. It was very surprising to everyone!

-dZ.