IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

After I finished Song of the Deep (Lovely game but it continued to crash on me after each cutscene when I played it). I then started on Doom 2016. I'm completely sure where in the game I'm at but I just finished up the Titan realm and have come back to Mars to disable the main A.I. now that I have the 'Macguffin' item from the Titan realm. Some of these boss battles kick my butt for a long time and can get quite frustrating. But once I figure out the patterns for them and defeat them it is also quite satisfying. I'm not sure I like this new Doom any better than any other FPS I've played but it has been a fun ride. I'm only meh about about the sequel though so again I'm liking it and wanting to finish it, but don't see myself coming back to it afterwards.

After Doom I will finally start playing Uncharted 4 that has been collecting dust for over a year since I bought it used. Really liked that series.

2 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Finally got a PS4.  Because I am strange, I'm playing mostly Mat Mania (Exciting Hour) and the Parappa remake.

Considering grabbing Street Fighter V Arcade Deluxe while their sale is on for another day or two, and the Wipeout Omega collection.

The VR update for Wipeout is simply stunning.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Curious Sofa said:

Finally got a PS4.  Because I am strange, I'm playing mostly Mat Mania (Exciting Hour) and the Parappa remake.

Considering grabbing Street Fighter V Arcade Deluxe while their sale is on for another day or two, and the Wipeout Omega collection.

If you get PS+, Wipeout Omega Collection is one of the August 'free' games.

• Like 2

Started up Uncharted 4 this weekend and I think I'm nearly at the end of the game already. Pretty much played it constantly. I think I like this Uncharted more than the previous 3 I've played so far. My only gripes are that I'm not always sure where to go sometimes as there are SO many grappling points on objects that nearly anything can be scaled it seems. But I'm currently exploring the "secret island' with my brother now so again I'm guessing I'm nearing the end of the game.

I have to say the graphics in Uncharted 4 are really amazing! Especially in the Jungle like areas when you look up and the water is dripping down from the canopy above with the sun rays coming through. I've seen stuff like that in person so it was really cool to see how realistic it looked here. I've had a couple glitches occur that take you out of the experience a bit. Mainly just player clipping issues between the NPCs and your self when climbing around stuff or taking cover. The voice acting and the mo-cap work for the cut scenes are some of the best I've ever seen from a video game. Also liked the puzzles in the 'tombs' more on this one as they seem less moon logic as some of the others have been in the past.

Not sure what I will start on after UC4. Maybe KHIII as that is on the backlog pile for the ps4 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

After beating Uncharted 4 (Which I think might be my favorite one in the series), I actually started playing the remake of Odin Sphere for the PS4. I owned and played the original on the PS2 years ago but never really completed it. I can't recall the reasons why at the time. But needless to say, I'm loving this game again! I pretty much played it nonstop all Labor day weekend here at the 'Tower' and got through both Gwendolyn's and Cornelius's stories. I'm about on chapter 2 of Mercedes's story now. I might have remembered why I stopped the playing the game originally, it was because I'm not of fan of how Mercedes's attacks work with the crossbow weapon of hers. Don't get me wrong, I think crossbows are awesome! LOL, but not the way it is used in this game for her character. I think when I looked at the last save late last night I was some 19 hours into the game at this point? Wow...! And I know that after Mercedes's story, I still have Oswald and Velvet's stories to go through. So I'm really only about halfway through the game! 

I wonder if Grim Grimoire will ever get a remake for the PS4?

@-^Cro§Bow^-

Uncharted 4 was my least favorite.  The production value is definitely awesome, but the game design seemed lazy.  Free run then try to silently murder 20 doods then free run more.  The vehicle exploration was a nice idea for a change of pace but it just wasn't very fun.  The husband/wife plot also seemed pretty weak to me.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (mentioned above) on the other hand didn't have the same production levels but the game was MUCH more fun.

Well, it took just over 50hours but I played completely through Odin Sphere. Wonderful game as a whole. Now I'm sure the masses wouldn't like it since it would likely be considered massively repetitive on the game play and to a degree that is correct. But thankfully the beat-em up style of gameplay is a ton of fun and I enjoy all the different phozon abilities and move sets that can be easily mapped to easy to remember hot key 1 button+direction combos. While I've beaten the game, I do want to go back to it and level up each character a bit more. Velvet is the highest leveled up at 75 currently and that is serious overkill for even the toughest enemies in the game but I'm curious if one of the hidden trophies is to level up a character to 99. (That is going to take a really long time btw to do...). Plus go back and find hidden Phozons I missed before. It does irk me a little that some of the characters can easily miss a phozon upgrade on a level you played near the beginning or at the beginning and that characters story and is NO longer available to play or select again after the fact although other kingdoms are. So you basically only had the one chance to get the item. Thankfully that is only on a few of these hidden Phozons near as I can tell and 90% of the rest can be gotten by replaying kingdoms again.

Really hope we eventually see Princess Crown translated and bought over to the west...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

16 hours ago, cybercylon said:

I got the collector's edition of odin sphere a few years ago, and haven't touched it. It came with a bunch of stuff, including a t-shirt. That t-shirt didn't fit me then, and still doesn't now ?

I thought about purchasing that as there are several available on ebay and they aren't that horribly priced. I looked and couldn't find what size the t-shirt is, but I'd guess a medium? Wouldn't fit me either LOL. Curious why you and @Lost Dragon haven't fired the game up yet to at least check it out? Just part of your backlog to get to someday?

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

23 hours ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

I thought about purchasing that as there are several available on ebay and they aren't that horribly priced. I looked and couldn't find what size the t-shirt is, but I'd guess a medium? Wouldn't fit me either LOL. Curious why you and @Lost Dragon haven't fired the game up yet to at least check it out? Just part of your backlog to get to someday?

Part of my backlog. 

Sat on top of Wipeout collection for PS4 and a film i bought 12 years ago..still yet to view :-)) 

I need to amend some of my statements about Odin Sphere above. Turns out you CAN go back to the levels earlier in the characters chapters. I totally missed where you can use the L1 and R1 buttons to cycle between the active Chapters for each character! So I just had to resort to going back a few chapters on most of them to access some of the areas where I missed the stuff the first time through. And it took me a total of about 63 hours, but I did Platinum trophy the game! The biggest pain in the neck is eating all the food recipes at Maury's as I really had NO idea what character had ate the most from the list. But using Velvet who as I stated before was already at level 75, she is now at like level 85 after eating through the entire menu of food in nearly one sitting LOL!!

Now onto the next game in my PS4 backlog...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing Utawaremono Zan for the last week or so. Just finished getting all the trophies tonight. Most characters are nearly maxed out in attributes and they're starting to hit max level.

While I liked it, particularly because I like the overall utawarerumono series and Dynasty Warriors. This game is a melting pot of both genres.

However due to their DLC BS I won't be buying a Zan 2 if they make and release it.  It's painfully clear they axed out content on the disc. I bought one of the DLC characters to see if it would convert dialogue-only entries in the story mode to battle entries, and sure enough it did.

I hope they enjoy the 6.99 I spent on the character as it cost them a future 90 dollar purchase on a Zan 2 alone. I'm boycotting NIS as well for another few years with the exception of the original Utawarerumono game they have due out early 2020 so the potential lost revenue for them is even higher than the devs that made this particular game. Assuming I even take the time to remember the devs name, I may just boycott them as well.

Boycotting is fun. It saves me lots of money.