IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

I think I figured out why my parcel fox deliveries started to show up properly again. I had a delivery that I failed and for some reason after I failed that one the next ones I completed all counted properly and I've not completed the challange. So if anyone has that same issue, try purposely failing a delivery and see if that helps.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Lostdragon said:

Took a gamble and purchased Shadow Of The Beast on PSN. 

Not played the original since my Lynx owning days. 

So far, so good. 

It's not exactly a killer-app title for the system, but for the price i paid for it, looks like i will get some solid playtime with it. 

I bought it awhile back.   I have no complaints about it.

The guy who created was a huge fan of the Amiga original.    It wasn't just Sony exploiting one of the old Psygnosis IPs they own.

16 hours ago, zzip said:

I bought it awhile back.   I have no complaints about it.

The guy who created was a huge fan of the Amiga original.    It wasn't just Sony exploiting one of the old Psygnosis IPs they own.

I'm finding I get on far better with the combat mechanics, than i did say, Bayonetta. 

Some decent puzzles in there. 

Unlocked and now have playing, the original music. 

Some nice Pan's Labyrinth style art direction in there as well. 

I'm still pretty much just playing No Man's Sky when I can. Doing my first community expedition but only completed up to phase 1 last night. Sorry I wasn't playing it more in the past and missed out on all the other expeditions over the years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up Resident Evil Village, cheap. 

Wasn't expecting much as didn't get on with Res 7.

But this? 

Blimey Capcom, how many references to games, films etc do you want me to find? 

Inspiration taken from the original Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4,Bloodborne (location/environment wise), The Ring,  Silent Hill, Forbidden Siren and so on. 

I thought the A. I was supposed to he a key feature? 

The lycans and Vampires are just standard foes, conventional weaponry takes them out. 

The franchise really did die after Res 4 for myself. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to play much at all on my PS4 this weekend as I spent a good chunk of the weekend upgrading the HDD in it. I guess I didn't think I would need to slot so much time to do so but yeah... it took hours to make a backup of the external drive I needed to use in order to make the backup of the PS4. Then it took the PS4 like 5 hours to make the backup to the external. And then at least another 4 and I suspect 5 hours to restore back to the new HDD off the external. I went to bed and let it do the restore overnight. Tonight I will be getting signed back into the PS network on it and re-registering all my controllers again. But from what I looked at this morning, it all seemed to look the same as it did before but having twice the amount of storage now.

And we can thank No Man's Sky for making me do this LOL!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

20220914_004829.jpg

Yes I have well over 400million units of my own on my normal game save I play. But more specifically the game with all of its updates clocks in at over 150GB of storage needed on my PS4 and once my SSDs get to about that last 100GB or free space, It is time to look at getting a larger drive and NMS along with other games I have installed to say nothing of some of the digital only games, make that initial 1TB of storage I had start to seem pretty small.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

What? Are you making bases and race tracks on every planet you land on or something? Mines only at 13.4 gb

Nope. I only have a very small base on one paradise planet and one settlement on an extreme cold planet. I do have a decent sized class A freighter with one of each module type on it and use it as my main base of operations since it has everything I need and can warp between systems. I also do NOT play multiplayer. I assumed it was as large as it is due to all the updates over the years? I bought the game when it was first released but quickly tired of it when it didn't have a lot to do initially. Then about 2 months ago I decided to check it out again when I read up about all the new updates that had happened since then. And that is when it blew up with massive updates. 

Heck each of the Horizon games are over 50GB on my drive. I also have the Bioshock collection and Uncharted collection in digital form and they take up some space as well. But yeah...no idea why NMS takes up so much space but it does. I also choose the full installs from the discs for all my games, so the disc is only accessed for the initial proof of ownership check and then it all runs from HDD from that point on.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

As did I but the move from PS4 to PS5 didn't go so well with save migrations. I had to start over. Which is ok because games with PS5 upgrades let you get the trophies all over again.

It is possible that the PS5 version of the game is also far more optimized since it was released later. That could also be a reason for the difference in the game file space being taken up. I've only ever played it on the PS4 since that was the only platform at the time I could play it on. I know it looks better graphically on the PS5 and PC versions, but I'm totally cool with how good it still looks on the PS4 and in watching live streams of the PC version on hardware even more powerful than my gaming, PC, I still see hitches and loads that I actually don't see as much on my PS4. The texture pop-in is really the largest issue I see on my PS4 version and even SSDs can only help so much there.

I could easily get more units if I wanted since the personal refiner dupe glitches still work even on the latest updates. At least on the PS4 they do but I don't know that I will ever need more than the 400m units I have now? Most expensive thing I've purchased was the class A freighter and I think that set me back about 43m units when I bought it? Not sure if I will try and pursue getting an s-class since I pretty much have the A class freighter fully upgraded slot wise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

refiner dupe glitches

I will have to look this up. I have so many hours into getting components and crafting already on this save it doesn't really matter at this point for me either though. Just collecting to collect I guess. I do want to try building an elaborate enough base to try to get featured in the community spotlight tab in the Nexus. I quit planet building long ago and just went with the freighter base but might go back after seeing what others have built.

Well, there are a few ways to make it work supposedly and with the latest endurance updates, most of what used to be possible has been patched out finally after years. But... the one I still use is that I have two personal refiners in one of the open rooms on my freighter. You have one places as usual and put whatever you want into it that you want to duplicate. Then you create a second one, but I rotate it 90degrees and then place it centered on top of the previous refiner. Essentially they would from a ' + ' sign if viewed from above. When you do this, check the contents of the second refiner and if you placed it right, you will see that it shows to have the same thing in it that you placed into the first. Check the first one, and it will also show the same thing. Now you claim the 2nd refiner you placed so that it ends up back in your inventory, but it will also add whatever you had in there with it. Check the first refiner again that is still there, and it will still show the original thing you put in there. The item has been duplicated.

Now in my case to get it to work 100% for me, I have to check the contents of the original refiner each time I do this. If I don't there are times when claiming the 2nd refiner ends up only giving me the refiner and not whatever I'm trying to duplicate. So I always quickly check the original refiner. You can of course add to the item after duplication to hasten the process. Only takes a few min to replicate something to a full 9999 quantity of it. At least for minerals and such. Exotic inventory items and equipment will only allow 1 in that slot or have a max of say 50 or something. But still. One of the best minerals to do this with, is chlorine. Fill your exosuit with the stuff and then sell it all to an alien merchant. I've not tested it, but have been told that if you sell all of this to the space station, it will lower the demand for that item in that system and so you start to get diminishing returns. While trading with aliens does not affect the system demand percentages for that item.

But yeah... apparently it is one of the oldest glitches and still seems to work for me. Some people are only able to do this on the planets but I'm still able to do the glitch using just two refiners on my freighter at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a break from playing NMS and moved on to getting started with Neo: The World Ends with You. Was having a blast with that and I'm nearing what I suspect is the close to the end game. Then... like a dog seeing a squirrel, I received in my physical copy of Quake remastered for the PS4 and that has been what I've been playing when I get the chance. Pretty impressed with how well the game controls using a controller. I played the original of course back in '96 with mouse keyboard setups and remember it being one of the first games I played with a 3D accelerator when patches for it finally supported OpenGL and I could use my Riva128...

So yeah, it looks pretty good on the PS4 and controls a lot better than I was expecting it to. I can't tell but I don't think the soundtrack is the same though? 

I stand corrected. I was just listening to the original NIN soundtrack for Quake, and it is the same soundtrack! Just been so long I didn't remember.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been playing Prey by Arkane on and off for a couple of weeks and I haven't started enjoying it yet.  Despite being the type that likes to explore every nook and cranny I can find, I somehow missed the shotgun.  Quite far in now and still no shotgun.  I feel massively underpowered against the phantoms.  It's possible to kill them with the glue gun and wrench combo but I use up so much health doing it.  

Arkane's Dishonored franchise is one of my all time favourites so I'm glad I played them first, otherwise if this had been my first experience of an Arkane game, I may never have played them.

I put NMS on pause for a bit and decided about 2 weeks ago to get back to playing God of War as I started it over a year ago but didn't get that far. So I started over and figured I would give it my go since the sequel came out last week. I ended up liking the game quite a bit, accept for those Valkyrie challenge battles. I've only managed to get past the first one. The rest just eat my lunch. I did get through the main storyline and then picked up and started playing Ragnarok last night. Only thing I'm upset about is that Ragnarok brought back the ability to use the blades to reach higher ledges, but that was never a thing in the last game which, forced you to find the paths and eventually get to the chains you let down to get back up quicker later. Here in Ragnarok this immediately given to you and was a mechanic from the PS2 games. There is no explanation for why it wasn't present in the last game and then here we are suddenly they are in this one again? 

I get it that having that ability in the last game would have made much of the exploration and forced battles due to it, a non thing, but they could have designed it differently to allow it in places where it made sense and not in others like they have done in Ragnarok so far.

• 2 months later...

I finally played TLoU pii.  I have watched some reviews and they seem to go between two opinions.

1) I loved Joel and Ellie and you created a cheap story to shock us - I hate it

2) They were trying to shock us and put us in a different character's perspective - I love it

For me, I'm in between.  I kinda never really liked Joel.  He seemed like a poor man's version of so many other heroes from Zombie fic that I just found him forgettable.  For me, the original game didn't hit its stride until more than halfway through, but I was always kinda separated from the story and focused on the gameplay.  Part II was about the same.  I didn't care about the way they handled Joel, I was just looking for some nice gameplay and a good story.  The game mostly delivered on that, but I thought they were a bit cowardly with the ending and a few of the story choices.  I also didn't think the game needed to be as long as it was.  The gameplay just didn't change enough to warrant all that story telling (and I love story-driven games).  I found myself wanting them to take a Batman Arkham approach where I could play challenge rooms with various environments and all my skills, but the gameplay seems to be a bit of an afterthought with this series as the most compelling sections are the epilogues of both games where Ellie has all of her abilities and can eliminate threats with the most freedom.

Anyway, I posted more on the games completed thread here:  

I liked this game, but I think if I had to rank it among the big PS4 exclusives that I would put it near the bottom.  Astrobot and HZD are at the top with God of War and Uncharted 4 coming after (in that order).  Then I'd probably slot in TLoU pii.  Still haven't played Spiderman, Death Stranding, or Tsushima yet, but I will get there.

• 4 weeks later...