IGNORED

Sylvania Intellivision paperwork?

someone3760

I just got a large lot of intellivision games and stuff and there was a strange paper slip in it. It is pink and about the size of a dollar bill and is a registration card from Sylvania? It doesn't mention Intellivision on it, but it was included with a bunch of intellivision stuff. I can take pics later, but what is it? Is it rare? Thanks.

I would say that Intellivision related Sylvania paperwork is decently collectible, especially to paperwork/catalog junkies like me. I have to keep my spending reasonable, but I'm usually willing to spend a good $5, maybe $10 for a rare warranty card/brochure/catalog. I averaged $12 apiece on the Triton catalogs. I'm currently trying to track down the tall Sears brochure (the blue one with the blonde lady on the front) that I believe came with the Sears console.

Anyway, pics would help. Steve and Cmart may be able to value it better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
On 12/23/2013 at 10:05 AM, someone3760 said:

Here is the document... I know my photography skills arent up to date :).post-36542-0-83343000-1387821916_thumb.jpg

What you have is an industry standard 80-column Hollerith punch card. Whatever you do, do not fold, spindle or mutilate! When these cards were returned to the manufacturer it could save them in standard-sized boxes or even in specially built cabinet drawers. It probably had its data entry personnel punch additional holes to encode some of the data that was filled in by the buyer. Anytime it wanted, for example to create a mailing list, it could load the cards into a hopper and have a sorting machine sort out the cards based on the punched holes. For a fun exercise, decode the holes: the standard Hollerith codes can most certainly be found on-line. You may find they identify the manufacturing date, shipping date, distributor and/or retailer or other interesting stuff. Post your results!

• Like 2