IGNORED

Xbone Rant: Is this guy too negative, or has a point?

wood_jl

Why was disc based DRM that heavily restricted retail disc so crucial to you?

Can't you get your digital gaming fix off the Xbox Live marketplace? And many games can be purchased as a download code from retailers which means you even have the opportunity to look for discounts and deals just like with discs.

Edited by Atariboy

When I buy a PS4, I will buy PS+ because it is needed to play online. Online play is the primary reason I have been a Live subscriber.

You dont need PSPlus to play online for most games.

Elder Scrolls Online, FF14 on PS4, Warframe and other games dont require PSplus.

All free to play games dont require PSplus like Warframe. So far subscription based games are also following the same rule.

PSplus is still the best "model" out there IMO. Better than Steam.

Edited by cimerians

I was under the impression that PS+ was needed to play the games out now for the PS4 online. Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed, COD, Need for Speed, etc.

If those types of games aren't free to play, then it doesn't matter to me that others are free since I would have to buy PS+ any way.

Why was disc based DRM that heavily restricted retail disc so crucial to you?

Can't you get your digital gaming fix off the Xbox Live marketplace? And many games can be purchased as a download code from retailers which means you even have the opportunity to look for discounts and deals just like with discs.

That's simplifying to try making it seem as it was the only thing changed.

Game sharing with people digitally and game library following you anywhere without the need to have physical copies were 2 brilliant ideas. These 2 features alone were badass and a nice step towards moving all digital while keeping few restrictions. In fact, these were core elements that were removed and it's a shame.

I was under the impression that PS+ was needed to play the games out now for the PS4 online. Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed, COD, Need for Speed, etc.

If those types of games aren't free to play, then it doesn't matter to me that others are free since I would have to buy PS+ any way.

It seems EA and Activation games will always require GOLD or PSplus or some type of payment on consoles. It looks like it ultimately falls with the publisher. I shouldn't have said most games but I tend to ignore EA and Activision multiplayer games. :P

• Like 1

Game sharing with people digitally and game library following you anywhere without the need to have physical copies were 2 brilliant ideas. These 2 features alone were badass and a nice step towards moving all digital while keeping few restrictions. In fact, these were core elements that were removed and it's a shame.

Yeah but they were just bait to make you overlook the many negatives.

Game sharing was so crucial to their vision that it's absent with the digital purchases where it could easily be implemented. I think that says it all right there.

• Like 2

I have added PS4 games to my Sony account already and I have not even purchased a PS4 yet. Every time they add a game for it the incentive for me to buy a PS4 grows. When I buy it I will already have a library of games to play for free!

That's what I did with the Vita (add to cart & checkout)

I had no interest in buying one until I realized I accumulated a ton of games for it. I finally gave in and got one last October. It was nice getting a system with tons of games already waiting for you.

Yeah but they were just bait to make you overlook the many negatives.

Game sharing was so crucial to their vision that it's absent with the digital purchases where it could easily be implemented. I think that says it all right there.

Lol ok. How many people even knew about game sharing?

Hey, MS built what all of the internetz tantrums dictated, what can I say? I think that says it right there actually.

Right, I'm not really talking about that though.. Been there, done that already with both the Wii U and the XBOX one. However, what I am talking about is being forced to update applications before using them, ones already sitting on my hard drive that I have already been using successfully. With the Wii U or the XBOX 360, you can decline the update and use the version already on the hard drive for the time being (Don't want to spend the time updating? No problem! Do it another day!). With the Xbone, it seems you can't even do that, heh. I had just watched a BluRay the day prior, so it's not like the application was non-functional.

What about kicking off the internet router as a workaround to block the update? Will the console allow you to operate it if the internet cuts off, server goes down, or the update fails? PS3 was very usable for movies and offline gameplay during the month or so the PSN network got shut down. Offline gaming was a huge concern when MS stuck their foot in their mouth at the e3 announcement. If you are at an outpost in the Yukon, or on a nuclear submarine and want to game during your downtime, what do you do?

Wii-U prompts you to update, but you are free to cancel them, although I haven't yet had a reason to attempt to play a game without updating it. Wii-U is a perfect game console as far as I'm concerned. Nintendo has continued to add new features, is heading towards universal accounts, yet the Wii-U wasn't what people were expecting so they just dismiss it without even trying.

Edited by stardust4ever

How can you do this without the unit? Is this something you do online?

You don't need a Vita to download the games if your a PSplus member, you can just do it on your PS3. I think you can do it on the online store too for PS4 titles or any title:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

If you do it on a PS3, all you do is just add the game to your cart and then just checkout. When it starts downloading you can cancel the download if you wish and download it later when you buy the system. From then on it will appear in your download list along with all your other games. You can access your download list from your Vita, PS3 or PS4.

That's what I've been trying to say...sign up now and snag all the stuff so when you do actually get a PS4 or Vita or whatever.....you have all these games available to you.

I know you have a PS4 already, sign up man! Build up your psplus collection...it's worth it trust me. I know it's a huge backlog of games but why not? ;)

Edit: I've come to the point where I dont care if I dont "own" the games. Most of these I wouldnt have bought anyway. I just dont have the cash!

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

I don't even use a console to do it. Every other week I check the Playstation Store website and look in the PS+ free games section. Sometimes I do it from my phone. I add all the new games to my cart, whether it is for a system I own or not, and then checkout. If it is a game I want installed on my PS3 then I hit the button that adds it to my download queue and it will be on my PS3 the next time I power it up. It doesn't get any easier or convenient than that.

• Like 2

I don't know how it is in other cities, but on my local Craig's List, there are a LOT of used Xbox One consoles for sale in the $400 price range, and most include a game. Almost no used PS4's or Wii U's. As an example, yesterday there were 11 used XB1's (all with at least one game) priced $400 to $450, 1 PS4 with no game for $450, and no Wii U's.

I just found it interesting in the number of discouraged XB1 purchasers in my town of 100,000.

It's a lot of money for a somewhat hyped up box and then the goofy FPS\resolution thing surfacing some people may not be able to justify sticking with it especially with Playstation throwing around free games every week. People read a lot of stuff online but its games that what make a system.

They need to get the wheels turning with Games for Gold.

Titanfall may grab some but for me it's an EA game and not a system seller but that's just me. :P

The problem I'm personally having is I cant see anything I want without getting it on PC or PS4:

release list:

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/xbox-one

wtf?