IGNORED

NES Remix

Amstari

I've spent hours playing NES Remix on Wii U since it became available for download. It's not a compilation of NES games, it is challenges in the games. It's hard to explain but it works really well.

It's one of those games where you think I will just do one more challenge but you keep playing for hours and hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQdJ8ANqcEc

• Like 1

I am becoming a fan of not having discs to change and lose and get damaged. So downloads is working good for me.. its on an account so if your console craps out nintendo has it on record and I assume you can get the games back..

Edited by Jinks

I am becoming a fan of not having discs to change and lose and get damaged. So downloads is working good for me.. its on an account so if your console craps out nintendo has it on record and I assume you can get the games back..

I like downloads too but not from Nintendo that much. It's tied to your console...it's not on your account like your Nintendo ID or your club Rewards account or anything else. When your machine breaks you have to make arrangements with Nintendo. If it gets stolen you may need to get authorities involved. It sucks.

--Something I wish Nintendo would change. Thats just me though...most people aren't aware or probably don't care which is fine, just not for me.

Edited by cimerians

They acknowledged that their way of doing it was less than perfect a while back. That and the recent merging of 3DS & Wii U account balances makes me optimistic that should be changing next year.

That would be a huge plus.

I have a small budget that I would like to give Nintendo if only they would change this. As is....my money keeps going to others. :P

I downoafed NES Remix and it is awesome!!! :D

Most of the mini-stages have goals to achieve. Many of them are like loading a save state in that you start in the middle of a stage but have to achieve some special objective. I haven't gotten to the backwards Mario levels yet but that should be very entertaining. I also saw in the preview trailer for the No jump Donkey Kong using Zelda sprite. I imagine that must be brutal, unless he has some way of attacking barrels with his sword or something.

Nintendo is working with DRM and that sucks.

Nothing wrong with download but you should be able to save files you purchased and store in disc, hd or whatever.

It's a whole new world and an awful one when you can't control what should be yours by purchasing a product.

Technology has everything to make life easier but companies are working to make it harder than previous technology era.

I like downloads too but not from Nintendo that much. It's tied to your console...it's not on your account like your Nintendo ID or your club Rewards account or anything else. When your machine breaks you have to make arrangements with Nintendo. If it gets stolen you may need to get authorities involved. It sucks.

--Something I wish Nintendo would change. Thats just me though...most people aren't aware or probably don't care which is fine, just not for me.

I am a lot like you, in that because of the way Nintendo handles digital purchases, I have bought almost nothing from their eShop. I purchased a total of like 4 games on the Wii and the 30cent games on the Wii U and that's about all.

Only reason I have Remix is because I got an eShop gift card as an early Christmas present from a friend and the game looked like a blast (which it is). I'd also really like to get Earthbound (never played it before and it has a sort of legendary reputation) but again that digital policy of Nintendo keeps me from spending money.

• Like 1

I am a lot like you, in that because of the way Nintendo handles digital purchases, I have bought almost nothing from their eShop. I purchased a total of like 4 games on the Wii and the 30cent games on the Wii U and that's about all.

Only reason I have Remix is because I got an eShop gift card as an early Christmas present from a friend and the game looked like a blast (which it is). I'd also really like to get Earthbound (never played it before and it has a sort of legendary reputation) but again that digital policy of Nintendo keeps me from spending money.

I hear ya....I have money that has Nintendo's name on it but I cant bring myself to do it. The could easily make me spend more on the eshop if they changed it. As is...I cant spend more than 5 bucks on there for any one thing. I did pick up the 99 cent sale items this past year and few games like Crimson Shroud and Pushmo on 3DS when they were on sale but thats about it.

I don't ignore Nintendo, but it does keep me away from multiplatform download purchases on their systems. I've only purchased Mega Man 9/10 on the original Wii so far for content I could download on the more DRM friendly competition.

Nintendo is working with DRM and that sucks.

Nothing wrong with download but you should be able to save files you purchased and store in disc, hd or whatever.

They all work with DRM. You won't find DRM free downloads on Microsoft and Sony platforms. If they did, nobody would buy their games. They'd grab the download off a torrent site and just play it.

You can store your Wii U DLC (Not not your Wii DLC) on an external hard drive. The Wii U's Blu-Ray derived drive like on any console lacks burning capabilities so there's obviously no way to store your downloads on a disc on your console.

The best you can do if you want that is wait and hope for a retail release. It sometimes happens like the recent release of DuckTales Remastered at retail.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...

People are so butthurt over downloads I don't get it. I've downloaded hundreds of bucks worth of content over the years. Absolutely no retail downloads though as I get those of cart/disc if their available, unless I have to wait months like with Luigi U, then I get the D/L version. Wii software transferred over to Wii-U flawlessly, plus I get VC discounts. Nevermind I own the original carts as well; why isn't there a discount for that as well?

I'm enjoying NES Remix. Many of the goals are pretty challenging not the cakewalk some people make it out to be...

Edited by stardust4ever

People are so butthurt over downloads I don't get it. I've downloaded hundreds of bucks worth of content over the years. Absolutely no retail downloads though as I get those of cart/disc if their available, unless I have to wait months like with Luigi U, then I get the D/L version. Wii software transferred over to Wii-U flawlessly, plus I get VC discounts. Nevermind I own the original carts as well; why isn't there a discount for that as well?

You ARE aware of Nintendo's policy if your system bites the dust, right? There is a good reason people are wary about purchasing digitally distributed content on their systems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok they now have a nintendo network id right. So if wii goes bye bye. You can get your games back.

No, not right.. The games are still tied to the console, not the Network ID. If your system bites the dust, you have to raise hell with Nintendo's customer support, and even that's not guaranteed to work.

• Like 1

I've bought a lot of Nintendo downloads on my 3D's, Wii, and Wii U and I think their policy is bogus. I'm not a huge fan of owning "digital" copies since I think 10-20 years down the line I'm not going to remember what I bought, and having them TIED to consoles and not really to an account is BS. At least with Apple for example, I can buy a game once and then download it at will.

But whatever, I'm obviously a sucker for Nintendo. :P I've been on the fence about this title due to the $15 price tag but I think I can only hold out for so long and will bite soon. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm kind of hoping it gets a physical release so I'm holding off. I'd much rather pay $19.95 and have a retail version of it.

I'm trying to hold myself back with buying digital downloads on Nintendo platforms, so a physical packaged release would be ideal for me as well.

I got a $35 Nintendo Network Gift Card for Christmas so I took the plunge and bought NES Remix. I'm enjoying it, and I'm always down for unlocking stuff, but I have noticed one problem: latency. For most of the games it's not a big deal, but it makes Super Mario Bros. more difficult for me to play. I have a hard time pipe vaulting and bounding up the stairs to the flagpole without dropping speed, because the timing isn't correct. It's not my TV either - I can pop SMB into my NES - hooked up to the same screen - and the latency is low enough that I don't have any substantial trouble.

I would also appreciate it if Nintendo would patch in the ability to use other controllers. I have a perfectly good Pro Controller here that I would rather use, not to mention a pile of Wii Remotes.

• 3 weeks later...