IGNORED

Get your thinking caps on!

Willsy

My solution was XB and more graphical oriented. It was getting late, and when I posted, I instantly realized that I, when counting to 3, included soldiers already dead, only moving on when wanting to take a soldier out already dead. I quickly erased the post, had a laugh, not saving the program and went to bed. Next morning I couldn't be bothered. Later I wanted to do an XB solution, this time at least concentrating on getting the right number. Here it is ...

1 for i=1 to 41::s$=s$&chr$(i)::next i
2 for i=1 to 3:=p+1::if p>len(s$)then p=p-len(s$)
3 next i::print asc(seg$(s$,p,1))
4 s$=seg$(s$,1,p-1)&seg$(s$,p+1,len(s$)-p)
5 p=p-1::if len(s$)then 2

josephu.gif

Edited by sometimes99er
  • Like 1

Here is a solution in a one line XB program:

10 FOR I=1 TO 41 :: A$=A$&CHR$(I):: NEXT I :: N=1 :: FOR I=1 TO 40 :: FOR J=1 TO 2 :: N=N+1+LEN(A$)*(N>(LEN(A$)-1)):: NEXT J :: A$=SEG$(A$,1,N-1)&SEG$(A$,N+1,99):: NEXT I :: PRINT ASC(A$)

BTW, how do I post a movie that runs automatically like sometimes99er's above?

Here is a solution in a one line XB program:

10 FOR I=1 TO 41 :: A$=A$&CHR$(I):: NEXT I :: N=1 :: FOR I=1 TO 40 :: FOR J=1 TO 2 :: N=N+1+LEN(A$)*(N>(LEN(A$)-1)):: NEXT J :: A$=SEG$(A$,1,N-1)&SEG$(A$,N+1,99):: NEXT I :: PRINT ASC(A$)

BTW, how do I post a movie that runs automatically like sometimes99er's above?

It has to be an animated .GIF. I'd love to get my hands on that program as well! What program are you using?

Though it is not nearly as slick as using Camtasia, the GIMP works quite well for composing animated GIFs. It is pretty much a manual process of adding layers to the image; but, you certainly have control over size. Who knows, maybe someone has written a GIMP script to do some of it automatically—I haven't looked, recently.

...lee

Bummer. I will not post in this forum anymore. :dunce:

Why is it a bummer? Your way is easier to write and debug. Entering those long lines are a real pain in the backside! I was just curious to see if it could be done in a single line. What's a bummer for me is those forth programs which make no sense to me.

Kevan, you should take pity on your elders and write up a step by step tutorial describing what you just did to make and post that video. Don't leave anything to the imagination!

Aww, no problem this Camtasia program is easy, it walks you right through it, but here is what I did....

0) Load up the Camtasia Program

1) Select NEW SCREEN RECORDING

2) Highlight area to capture

3) Press RECORD

4) Press STOP when you have enough

5) Click SAVE

6) Type in a name and click SAVE

7) Under the POST SAVE OPTIONS screen that comes up automagically click the one that says,

"Produce my video in a sharable format". Then press OK

8) Click NEXT

9) Choose GIF animation file then click NEXT

10) Click NEXT

11) Choose video size then click NEXT

12) Click NEXT

13) Click NEXT

14) Choose a name, or leave the one that already there, choose the folder to save to then click FINISH

Okay, that's it you are done! Now you can upload it here!

• Like 1

Why is it a bummer? Your way is easier to write and debug. Entering those long lines are a real pain in the backside! I was just curious to see if it could be done in a single line. What's a bummer for me is those forth programs which make no sense to me.

I was merely joking (bummer because you outsmarted me). I posted my share of long/one liners, but usually/always producing the long lines only minutes before posting. And you did great.

;)

Edited by sometimes99er