IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2013

Pixelboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luc, I don't know if I told you I was interested

But..... Afterall... It goes without saying! :D

EDIT: DOH! Wrong thread, it goes in the Trading Cards thread, sorry

Yeah, you're on my mailing list for the trading card project, although I put your name in parenthesis because you seemed more or less sure to buy the sets... But when the proper time comes, you'll be notified like everyone else on the list. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Luc. Please put Dragon's Lair aside.

I'm afraid I can't do that, because Dragon's Lair is now sold out. The only games I have left in stock are two copies of King's Valley and one copy of Zaxxon Super Game. After those are gone, I'll be out of stocks for all my games, and I will not make more copies of any of the SGM games until Eduardo starts shipping the second run of SGMs (supposedly next spring, but this remains uncertain at this point, since Eduardo is still MIA).

I'm afraid I can't do that, because Dragon's Lair is now sold out. The only games I have left in stock are two copies of King's Valley and one copy of Zaxxon Super Game. After those are gone, I'll be out of stocks for all my games, and I will not make more copies of any of the SGM games until Eduardo starts shipping the second run of SGMs (supposedly next spring, but this remains uncertain at this point, since Eduardo is still MIA).

Ok, again starting in lamenting mode :_( but I thought you could play the sgm games directly on an Adam computer?

So even if the second batch of sgm is not delivered, we still have a possibility to play the games -- Even though the Adam is not very popular I agree...

Don't cut yourself from potential buyers! (cc Colectorvision) I'd almost buy 5 copies of each game if it helps :))

ps: any idea if Eduardo's Goonies and Knightmare developped for the Sgm are close to be completed?

Edited by neo*fan

All the games developed for the SGM will work on an ADAM Computer with the exception of King's Valley as has been reported by another AtariAge member thru a linked video of the games playing. There are, however, two games that will not output sound because they require the additional sound chip that the SGM provides and they are Thexder and RollerBall.

From my experience, my Thexder does not work on my ADAM Computer WITHOUT the SGM as I get the text error screen that reports the SGM is required. I need to double check RollerBall, but I seem to recall the same error message when used WITHOUT the SGM.

How could Thexder and RollerBall work on one ADAM and not another you ask... well, there were numerous revisions of the motherboard and some small changes even within the same revision, so who knows with 100% certainty. I need to test things out with my other ADAM systems, one of which is an Exp. Mod. #3.

For msx conversions, it depends if the programmer use time to create a good emulation of the MSX PSG, if you think you have to use the SGM its just easier not to use the build in CV soundchip, since the SGM have to be used any way. But some games could run on ADAM but the you dont have any MSX Soundchip. I dont have a SGM, but I have been thinking about to add support for the MSX sound chip, in future games, but cant test it so, it have to wait until the SGM become more public.

For new programmed games it could be cool, to use both the SGM sound chip and the build in CV chip, give you 6 channel sound :) ether chip could be used for drums or so, like Konami MSX games did with there SCC, where the original soundchip was more or less used for drums or so.

For new programmed games it could be cool, to use both the SGM sound chip and the build in CV chip, give you 6 channel sound :) ether chip could be used for drums or so, like Konami MSX games did with there SCC, where the original soundchip was more or less used for drums or so.

Mecha 8 does that. Without SGM you haver C.V sound, with SGM you have enhanced sound.