IGNORED

PRE-ORDER: Desert Bus 2600 Boxed Edition.

Dethfactor

You still haven't responsed to my PM which I need to pay you additionally for international shipping :(

Sorry about that. When you PM'd me about this last we were in the midst of some pretty debilitating weather and our Postal system was shut down. I plan on going up this weekend and I'll get you a that info then.

-M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Posting an update as there's been radio silence for far too long.

We're working through production but we've hit a few snags and which was holding us up and preventing us making an update.

First, a special thanks for Marc Oberhäuser and bfstats for the great box printing and cart inserts. They turned out awesome!

Second, we've been fighting with the printers over the manual and the PCB company of our PCB stock, but we've been told we should have both by April 11th, so we're estimating these will ship April 20th after assembly/boxing etc.

To tide you over till then, here's some pictures of the awesome boxes:

2014-03-17105258_zpse6875a15.jpg

2014-03-17105424_zps7707942a.jpg

• Like 3

As an update, I just got an email yesterday from the manual printers having another issue with the design files (not sure why they waited a week after all the back and forth) so I had to resubmit them which is pushing back the timeline. How far I'm not sure as they were supposed to ship tomorrow and I'm waiting for an ok on the resubmitted file. I'll report back when I know more. Thanks everyone for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I called Friday and they gave me a tracking # from fed ex because apparently it was picked up Friday. Fedex's tracking system is saying Wednesday they should arrive. I'll post more when/if they arrive and then put together a ship window. Sorry it's been taking so long but I know they're going to turn out great.

Finally! After months of back and forth!

5y2ymahy.jpg

The ironic thing is the printers claimed to be based in the US but the order came from Germany. Go figure.

At any rate, I was hoping to get everything packed and out by the 20th (I need to go out of town for one of my best friend weddings) but all this week my family and I have been overcoming the flu so I'm expecting things won't ship till the end of the month. At any rate were on the home stretch and I apologize profusely for how long it's taken to get this run produced. I promise for the next release things will be better in sync.

Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking in. B how r things looking on a ship date?

Looking like things are going to be shipping the first week of June. I need to finish shrinking them and get them packed. All on all I'm thinking they look pretty good and I hope everyone will be happy.

y3a6u8u5.jpghu2yhu9y.jpg

• Like 2

Heh. Nah. The 6502 was a good CPU platform and was the basis for a bunch of game systems. Did your Nintendo ever overheat? These systems generated little in the way of heat compared to consoles today. A simpler system has less points of failure. And the 2600 is pretty bare bones. I imagine it'd take years of consistent run time to kill one. Unless someone here who can chime in with an example. Must of my experience with 2600 failure is with wear items (cords, switches,jacks, etc)