IGNORED

KC Munchkin

Jaynz

On of the big things about KC is that once you start in a certain direction you cannot change direction until you hit the next section of the grid. Think of the maze as a grid.

:thumbsup:

That's a great way to view the maze.

See Pac-Man as being able to change direction/reverse anytime on the grid lines, but with KC you need to reach certain points to do so.

I tried to find a visual of the mazes indicating points of where you can/can't change or reverse direction - No dice. Perhaps one of the community's talented graphic artist may be able to furnish something to demonstrate the point further.

:ponder:

I find now to get the energy pills and eat the monsters and repeat. Playing with all bad guys is near impossible I think I passed 3 or 4 levels now. A couple lives would have been better but then it would not have been the same game.

Question the maze editor on how it works. I can make a maze then what? Can you play that maze? I have no idea what to do next.

I find now to get the energy pills and eat the monsters and repeat. Playing with all bad guys is near impossible I think I passed 3 or 4 levels now. A couple lives would have been better but then it would not have been the same game.

What I've found that works for me is the need to be more defensive with the enemy and less aggressive clearing the dots. It requires me to be a lot more patient compared to Pac-Man. When playing Pac-Man, even at the higher levels, I know exactly where the dots are stationed, they don't move. So I just go to those set places and avoid the enemy.

There's more strategy involved with the dots constantly moving under KC. It requires me to somewhat change my game plan, couple with not being able to change your course at anytime, I find it better to almost view it more as a game of avoiding the enemy, rather than eating the dots.

:thumbsup:

That's a great way to view the maze.

See Pac-Man as being able to change direction/reverse anytime on the grid lines, but with KC you need to reach certain points to do so.

I tried to find a visual of the mazes indicating points of where you can/can't change or reverse direction - No dice.

The player moves one space at a time, you can to experience this giving the player a direction only for a moment (as a single press of the fire button, for example).

After the player will have advanced a box will be possible to reverse the direction in the next box.

As always, Bob has made an outstanding job. :)

This should be the grid:

TasTkp.png

• Like 1

I played again. But this game is still kickin' my B@tt. Well programmed, no complaints there. I just think my games should last longer than a minute. I never claimed to be Mr. Gamer, but this game is hard for me. I will still love maze games forever. Heck, I love Qix (8-bit), so you know what kind of "complex gamer" I am.

The player moves one space at a time, you can to experience this giving the player a direction only for a moment (as a single press of the fire button, for example).

After the player will have advanced a box will be possible to reverse the direction in the next box.

As always, Bob has made an outstanding job. :)

This should be the grid:

TasTkp.png

Outstanding, thank you!

The above hopefully will make it clearer how movement of your character works both under the original O2 version, and recreated faithfully for the 7800 port.

Thanks again! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks but that didn't seem to fix it. Here are the CC2 settings that I am using right now : 7800: KC Munchkin KC 78SC_BIG 78BIOS

Is it a High Score Cart game? Maybe I should use the "HSC_16K" setting? Or maybe "78SC_LOW"? My card reader is giving me some headaches lately, so I don't want to keep trying and re-trying settings if possible.

Thanks for any other ideas. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Say, Albert....are these available yet? :)

Yes, boxes for this, Astro Fighter, and any other boxes I've made available in the store (Stay Frosty 2, Omicron, etc.) are available for $20 each, which includes the cardboard insert to keep the cart in place. I ship the boxes flat (in a larger box), so you can unfold them and tuck the flaps in yourself. A box bag will be included for each box you buy. Shipping will be $3.50 in the US, more if you're outside the US (send me a PM and I can calculate the shipping based on destination).

..Al