IGNORED

the black onix

chart45

Steve Tucker of AtariMax would have to add support for this new "PCB with Eeprom" that PixelBoy is using just like "The Lord of the Dungeon". It would probably be a firmware update that would need to be flashed to the AtariMax SD Cart, but that all depends on PixelBoy giving Steve the OK to do so. With all that being said, maybe in a couple years when and if PixelBoy releases the rom file, this firmware update will be made by Steve.

Steve Tucker of AtariMax would have to add support for this new "PCB with Eeprom" that PixelBoy is using just like "The Lord of the Dungeon". It would probably be a firmware update that would need to be flashed to the AtariMax SD Cart, but that all depends on PixelBoy giving Steve the OK to do so. With all that being said, maybe in a couple years when and if PixelBoy releases the rom file, this firmware update will be made by Steve.

For that to happen, Steve would have to be present and available. As I'm typing this, he hasn't been around these boards since last March. Is he still selling the SD cart?

Can I still order this game? Pretty please? ;-)

It's sold out, but I can add you to my little waiting list for the game, and if I decide to produce a few more copies later in 2014, I'll notify you.

Same goes for anyone else who may want to purchase the game. :)

EDIT: Darn, Dan beat me to it. :P

I guess there is that route too but I didn't know he was still making updates to these. I figured it would be easier for the programmer to adjust the rom :)

Yes, I am aware it sold out. However, it never hurts to ask.. Who knows, maybe there's an extra. Anyways, I sent you an email Luc, definitely put me on the list(s) for now on. Thanks guys, sorry to be a pest. I try to follow as much as I can but I have a lot of catching up to do with everything else that happened, that I missed out on. I definitely need to get that Atarimax cart it's looking like

:-P

I haven't heard from Steve Tucker recently, but I did order an AtariMax SD cart this week, so there is always a chance that he'll fulfill it and I could ask him about supporting that.

I was recently re-reading a thread he posted three years ago suggesting that the RAM in the SD card could be used in the ColecoVision or Coleco Adam potentially. I'm sure it could also be used for the game save for Lord of the Dungeon or Black Onyx.

If having the ROM is more of a try before you buy kinda thing then I'd recommend patching the PC88 version and running that on an emulator:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1507/

Bruce Tomlin's original CV port (which served as basis for the version I released in cart format) has been available for download for years. You can download it below.

onyx_006.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so my SD cart is on the way and I at least asked him if he'd consider adding support for game saves to the SD cart. So we will see what he thinks about that topic. You never know. If it is easy enough, he might consider adding it.

Steve says that game save for LoD is already supported. So I'll have to look when I get mine to find out how exactly to make that work for other games. It is probably something fairly easy. But what it does is it saves the game save data into a file on the SD card.

Edited by hardhat

Steve says that game save for LoD is already supported. So I'll have to look when I get mine to find out how exactly to make that work for other games. It is probably something fairly easy. But what it does is it saves the game save data into a file on the SD card.

Indeed, the AtariMax SD Cart already supports game saves for "The Lord of the Dungeon", that was one of the big selling points as well as the other obvious features of the SD Cart.

The only way to make the SD Cart compatible with "The Black Onyx" and it's save format is for Steve to make a firmware update for the SD Cart that will add compatibility for PixelBoy's new PCB with 32K SaveRam. I know it will be an easy update for Steve to make, but this all depends on PixelBoy giving him permission as well as Steve having the time to dedicate to this update.

• 1 month later...

Wow,

Today I've discovered about the Onix!!!

Prototype is white, then it would be released in silver. That's a pity it wasn't released, the Atari clone Onix Jr. is one of the best Atari clones, the Colecovision clone looked much better than the SpliceVision.

Okay, not this Onix but very cool. :-D

Starting from page 14 and goes until 20.

http://garrettimus.org/Jogos80/jogos80-12.pdf

P.S.: I'm starting to regret not ordering the Balck Onix from Pixelboy...

• 7 years later...