IGNORED

ToToTek MD /SMS Converter (Works for me!)

Gemintronic

Bought one of these on the off chance it'd work on a woodgrain 2600:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=54

It does! Even activates on a Harmony cart like a Sega Genesis pad! Have not tried the rapid fire setting yet. Only tried an official, original Playstation joystick.

This is just one data point so it may or may not work for y'all. It's pretty sweet for me right now =)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I did some research and apparently pin 5 on the genesis is
+5V where this is pin 7 on the Atari. So the converter is lacking power. I jumped pin 5 to 7 and now the converter works fine. I’m going to buy a wireless controller and let you know if it works as I bought the converter in the first place to have wireless controllers for my Atari.

Bought one of these on the off chance it'd work on a woodgrain 2600:

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=54

It does! Even activates on a Harmony cart like a Sega Genesis pad! Have not tried the rapid fire setting yet. Only tried an official, original Playstation joystick.

This is just one data point so it may or may not work for y'all. It's pretty sweet for me right now =)

OK that is pretty cool and I think I have a similar adapter I gotta dig around for, always cool to find uses for such things.

That's def cool. I'd have to buy something like this for when a get a new, actual 2600 console again. I always loved the 2600's games, but at the same time, always hated the joystick control input. That's why I prefer to play my 2600 games on emulators. My console of choice atm is the PSVita. I really like its analog sticks, it's got a pretty good Sony D-Pad and buttons (not their best, but def nice). Plus it's portable. Also 2600 games look great on the screen, and they control nice with the inputs (especially the analog stick). All me acquiring a new 2600 will be about is collctor's and nostalagia's sake.

I wonder if this would work with an X-Arcade stick via Playstation adapter :?

It seems like current draw is among the issues that can make it not work. In my experience using big arse arcade joysticks or joystick with fancy macro functions are a bit too much. Without being an electrical engineer it's just potluck (at least for me).

Had a chance to play around with this yesterday. Doesn't work with the ColecoVision 2600 adapter. Not sure if it puts out any power on the game port. Does work with the 7800, but only with one-button games, of course. No wireless capability at all with either.

Still worth it to be able to use PS and PS2 arcade sticks with 2600 and one-button 7800 games. Not the mention the original SMS/Genesis capability.