IGNORED

PAL carts

Clock

Are there any plans to update Cart info and rarity ratings on Pal carts. Collecting is getting quite big in the UK now and the AA site is the best resource available, but it is 98% geared towards the American market. I can understand why but with updated information it would be more global.

I have over 80 carts and found rarity ratings for only 3 !!! (2600)

I have many with different labels not on the site

I even have a cart that isn't included!!! (Tank Mission)

If there are plans then when can we expect to see some changes starting to happen. If you look at the 7800 there are virtually none listed, I am guessing 'Sentinel' only got listed because it wasn't released in ntsc format.

I also think the Lynx rarity ratings are very inacurrate - 'Warbirds' should surely be a 7 or 8

I am sure all other Pal users will agree and support any updated info as it is very much needed.

I would be happy to help, to acheive this goal, in any way I can.

We fully intend to include additional entries and rarity information for the PAL market. It is mostly a matter of having the time to do it and getting our method organized, as it is a big undertaking. We will probably solicit help from PAL collectors when we are fully ready to do this.

In the meantime, we are happy to add any entries to the PAL section that we are missing, even if they don't include rarity. Our only requirement is that you include a picture or scan (or a link) for verification purposes. Better still if you can provide a high quality scan for the archive.

This is without doubt the best atari site for research and such,, There has clearly been alot of work put into it.

I have a coouple of hundred carts and am from a PAL country, the majority are not here, The odd ones like bad spelling on labels and that dpught of stuff usually dont even get a reply on the forum. What this tells me is that a hell of alot of work is made on this site all the time,, So the wait is obvious but i am sure when it happens it will be bloody excellent for us europe / aus collectors.

BTW, willing to help from an Aus perspective.

I see 2 replies from Australia, so I now wonder if Australian Pal carts and UK Pal carts are compatiple with each others machines? I am not sure what type of Pal is used in Australia but I know it is not the same as UK's Pal I.

Is collecting big in Australia?

hmmmm..... (...thinking about shipping charges......)

In Australia, We Use PAL B mostly, but I would think about %95 Of games are Compatable. Collecting Here isn't as big as it is in the US or Europe, but It's starting to heat up a bit. Postage for a game from Australia- UK Air-Mail is about A$7.00 (£2.70). Lots of obscure and Unlicensed Titles here, And theirs HES titles everywhere.

There are a tonne of carts to get here, pal and NTSC. I find being close to SE asia makes Aus a hot spot for pirate goods as well. I have alot of CBS carts which are made in the UK, they all work and in this day and age NTSC carts arent a problem either.

On another note, 7800 carts seem hard to find.

O, btw, i've met many collectors.

Postage for a game from Australia- UK Air-Mail is about A$7.00 (£2.70). Lots of obscure and Unlicensed Titles here, And theirs HES titles everywhere.

I've dealt with a few Aus traders & can say that they are excellent sellers & don't charge a fortune for shipping either. I think the longest I've ever waited for games to arrive from Australia was a mere 7 days - much faster than many items I've bought from UK traders!

So far I haven't found any issues with compatability.

I finally have a scanner now and can,, well, scan.

Red label carts with silver label ends, strange carts with switches, hmmm, pal carts in general. Also have hooked up and old tv so i can now tell which are pal and ntsc.

Where do we send these things? I know the site isnt ready for alot of pal but maybe a few odd finds? Or different label ntsc's?