IGNORED

Colecovisions.com Podcast

Episode 6 is out smile.gif Socalmike is MIA, but we Gamester81 and I are joined by Paul Nurminen of the Intellivisionaries to discuss his experience and memories of the ColecoVision, His podcast and the Intellivision. We try our hand at Space Fury and Looping and end talking about the Telstar Colortron. Thanks again to Nurmix for being on the show!

Thanks for having me on, it was great! And let me know when we can have a Space Fury rematch, please...

• Like 1

Thanks for having me on, it was great! And let me know when we can have a Space Fury rematch, please...

We should do it on a Google Hangout and record it for our podcasts web pages :) Intellivisionaries VS ColecoVisions host to host battle! Think it would be fun to play games on each others consoles to see who can get the highest score in 5 minutes :)

• Like 1

That's a fantastic idea. Let's do it!

Skype me a message or PM on a time that is good for you, maybe we could 2 two games. Space Fury on the Colecovision and Burgertime on the Intellivision? I dont have all that many carts for the Intellivision (still huntin them down :) ), but I can send you a list of what I do have to see if there is something in there we could play on the hangout for the host to host challenge :)

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to have you on King! What are some of your favorite games on the system? I can put you down on the list for when we get to that particular game. We had to stop doing the live play, mainly due to time constraints now that we have three hosts. but I plan on doing some live streaming sometime in the future when I attempt my high score run for the podcast :)

Favourite game on the Coleco? Every game I could get my hands on would be a favorite. Miner 2049er, Jumpman Jr, Pepper II and Venture were all a great time. And although I didn't get very far, I really enjoyed Gateway to Apshai.... my buddy owned this game and I would spend hours and hours at his place just to watch him play... and it was always a treat when I got to play it!

While we are talking about the Colecovision... CGE is just around the corner and I've been informed that the Intellivision flashback will be there for people to try. Any news on a potential Colecovision Flashback appearance at the show too?? That would be great!!

While we are talking about the Colecovision... CGE is just around the corner and I've been informed that the Intellivision flashback will be there for people to try. Any news on a potential Colecovision Flashback appearance at the show too?? That would be great!!

This years CGE's theme is "The Year of Intellivision" :) Lots of great Intellivision activities are happening this year, along with the Intellivision Flashback being present for people to try, almost all of the Blue Sky Rangers will be at the show and will be doing a Panel!. Also, the Intellivisionaries will make their first CGE debut with a booth as well! Not to mention some new homebrew releases for the system at the show!

As for the ColecoVision Flashback, I have been working on that, but the current rights holder of Coleco has not really put the interest or effort forward like Intellivision Productions did with their flashback unit. so I doubt there will be the ColecoVision flashback available to try at the show, however I am continuing to try to obtain one as I have the ear of River West Brands the current holder of the Coleco License :) So keep those fingers crossed!

• Like 1

This years CGE's theme is "The Year of Intellivision" :) Lots of great Intellivision activities are happening this year, along with the Intellivision Flashback being present for people to try, almost all of the Blue Sky Rangers will be at the show and will be doing a Panel!. Also, the Intellivisionaries will make their first CGE debut with a booth as well! Not to mention some new homebrew releases for the system at the show!

As for the ColecoVision Flashback, I have been working on that, but the current rights holder of Coleco has not really put the interest or effort forward like Intellivision Productions did with their flashback unit. so I doubt there will be the ColecoVision flashback available to try at the show, however I am continuing to try to obtain one as I have the ear of River West Brands the current holder of the Coleco License :) So keep those fingers crossed!

Awesome stuff!! I'm excited about CGE 2014. I've never attended a gaming expo of any kind and I just booked my holidays in September. Just need to get a flight and room booked (my wife and I are looking into getting the best deal :) ) and once we have that, I will be officially attending my first expo!

The Intellivision stuff will be great and if there is a little Colecovision love too, well that'll be awesome too. :) Thanks for the latest info.

Episode 7 - Star Wars Arcade, Galaxian and Alf.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/colecovisionspodcast/The_ColeocVisions_Podcast_Episode_7_-_Star_Wars_Arcade_Galaxian_and_Alf.mp3

Last episode with the high score challenge. going to change over to record our high score attempts separately to paste on the facebook site then talk about it during the podcast. This will also give any listeners a chance to compete with us as well and maybe share their thoughts on the game we can talk about on the podcast.

Trying to get more interaction from the listeners such has questions, memories and such.

Edited by thevnaguy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To Celebrate the coming 1 year anniversary of the inception of the ColecoVisions podcast and to Celebrate passing the 1000 subscriber mark on my youtube channel Arcade USA. A prize giveaway is occuring :)

The prize is a original ColecoVision System with 10 games. to enter, you just have to post a comment on the video link below and maybe say something about coleco or colecovision, like a favorite toy from back then, or game, anything :)

The drawing is on November 27th :)

post-8976-0-93179600-1412631198_thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r0KougsUxI

• Like 5

On October 25th, The ColecoVisions Podcast is participating in a team effort (The Retro Junkies) to raise money for The Childrens Miracle Network via Extra-Life.org. The Retro Junkies will be playing video games for 24 hours to raise money for this cause.

The Team Page on Extra Life is - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=14689

Willie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOI1xkDo3mk

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...