IGNORED

A wired XBOX 360 controller works on the XBOX One...

Austin

I get that it's missing the same buttons and features, but come on. The A button should do something, haha.

But it's not--the 360 controller has the exact same amount of buttons as the XBOX One. If Microsoft can make these USB 360 controllers automatically recognizable on Windows operating systems, why can't they do the same for the One? It seems to be just another way of syphoning more money out of the user, just like the requirement of XBOX Live Gold to do certain local tasks on your system (like edit then export a DVR clip to your own hard drive).

Nintendo may not be on their "A" game right now, but I have to applaud them for the backwards compatibility of their Wii controllers on the Wii U. I haven't had to buy a single extra accessory for that thing, and it's been great.

• Like 1

It's one of the reasons I was going to try, I love the 360 controller and would use it in some games if given the chance.

Only in some games because in others it wouldn't work, like Dead Rising 3. To break free of zombies grasps, sometimes you have to physically shake the controller, the 360 controller would have no way of registering that. Other games like Lego Marvel or Skylanders, the 360 controller would work fine.

Yeah. I have one of the Hori arcade sticks that I would love to use with Killer Instinct. The only alternative (and I really, really need a joystick for this sort of thing) would be to shell out the $200+ for the MadCatz KI stick. Which is ridiculous (and sold out last I checked). :(

Only in some games because in others it wouldn't work, like Dead Rising 3. To break free of zombies grasps, sometimes you have to physically shake the controller, the 360 controller would have no way of registering that. Other games like Lego Marvel or Skylanders, the 360 controller would work fine.

Ah, okay, I didn't realize the One controller had motion functionality built in as well. That's good to know!

And there's nothing wrong with the One controller itself, per-se. To be honest, I think it probably has the best analog sticks and main L and R triggers that I have ever used (although to be fair, I haven't laid my hands on a PS4 controller yet). Forza in particular plays like a dream with the stock XBOX One controller.

What do you think of its d-pad? Sounded promising before release but I haven't seen a single gamer talk about it since the system launched.

I'm fifty-fifty on it. It's not a floating d-pad like on the 360 so you aren't likely to hit directions you don't mean to, but it is also relatively stiff and I find myself inconsistent with doing quarter-circle/rotation motions in Killer Instinct. For traditional platformers and shooters it may be good, but there is yet a game like that to test it out with (Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, which is a side-scrolling platformer, still requires the use of the analog sticks).