IGNORED

New Harmony product: Harmony Encore

batari

I'm getting antsy. I think I might have to settle for the regular Harmony cart instead of the new one. I know the second I get the old one a new game that requires the extra memory will pop up that I absolutely have to play.

Are the people who purchased Harmony Encore at the NWCGE 2014 in Portland not allowed to talk about them? I thought there would be more discussion. I guess with only 2 demo programs and one game at beta test stage this is still a device that will grow in demand in the future as large games are made?

I am also guessing that work is concentrated on the 7800 Concerto and Hokey (emu POKEY) because it is similar tech and should be in great demand at launch? Not only to play existing games, but as a development tool in game testing.

Hoping for news soon.

(A bit bummed about private messages to a couple people about Encore got zero reply which made me think it is not allowed to be talked about.)

I'm getting antsy. I think I might have to settle for the regular Harmony cart instead of the new one. I know the second I get the old one a new game that requires the extra memory will pop up that I absolutely have to play.

Tempest. You know that it can be sent back to be upgraded to Encore if you would get a regular one. (Not sure if SD or Micro SD or both versions can be upgraded.)

Tempest. You know that it can be sent back to be upgraded to Encore if you would get a regular one. (Not sure if SD or Micro SD or both versions can be upgraded.)

Yeah but I'd rather not go through the expense of doing that.

Great news! I will buy a Harmony Encore when they are released! As well as a Concerto for the 7800 when that one is released as well! I've been gone a looong while and I'm glad to be back to visiting Atariage regularly. I'm catching up on a lot of missed threads, and if these two items have already been released here on AA someone please let me know where!

I will be anxiously checking: http://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Harmony.html

Edited by ovalbugmann

Was that supposed to be directed at me? I'm not involved in any homebrew production or with the AA store at all. As they say: I just work here.

You don't quite understand do you? Your mojo stops workin' and Albert collapses into a coma. Batari crawls into a cave and I go back to playing Diablo III instead of programming. True fact.

You don't quite understand do you? Your mojo stops workin' and Albert collapses into a coma. Batari crawls into a cave and I go back to playing Diablo III instead of programming. True fact.

I never had any mojo. I tried to steal some back in the 60's but it didn't work out.

• Like 2

Was that supposed to be directed at me? I'm not involved in any homebrew production or with the AA store at all. As they say: I just work here.

No, there's a bit of frustration over SF2 which has been delayed many times for numerous reasons. The current delay is due to a shortage of Melody boards, which may or may not be related to Encore.

The prior delays turned out to be useful as we were able to make SF2 even better by utilizing knowledge gained while working on Frantic and Space Rocks. The current delay is frustrating because we now consider SF2 to be finished.

No, there's a bit of frustration over SF2 which has been delayed many times for numerous reasons. The current delay is due to a shortage of Melody boards, which may or may not be related to Encore.

The prior delays turned out to be useful as we were able to make SF2 even better by utilizing knowledge gained while working on Frantic and Space Rocks. The current delay is frustrating because we now consider SF2 to be finished.

Ah. Gotcha.

. . . Albert collapses into a coma. Batari crawls into a cave and I go back to playing Diablo III instead of programming. True fact.

I go back to playing Iron Brigade on the Xbox 360 instead of programming. And soon I'll go back to playing pinball. I think my laziness is too powerful to overcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...