IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collectors Lists Updated

NIAD

ROM: 2006 "Jet Pack!" should be "JETP4K" - a 4K game for a minigame competition.

ROM: 2014 "JetPack!" full version has been released.

ROM: 2006 Squares! 4K version - an early 4K version of the game for a minigame competition.

ROM: 2007 Squares! demo version - stunted version of the full game if you care about this sort of thing.

ROM: date? (old, released fairly recently) Gremlin picture demo ROM released if you care about non-game ROMs.

Homebrew systems and mods: 20xx Discrete composite A/V mod - some sold directly, many sold to Coleconut.

:)

Nice work on the lists as always guys!

I also just identified another usa manual variant this week.

It's for omega race which was only known to have 1 manual.

There is a 14320 and 91747 manual.

There is also a yellow supplement to instructions sheet with no part number.

This was with my 91747 manual....maybe this is what makes the 2 manuals different? Not sure?

post-26050-0-06120800-1448233724_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I had a closer look at this newest Excel file, and I would like to report a few issues:

1) In many places in the homebrew tabs, I'm seing "Team Pixelboy" and "Team PixelBoy". For the record, the official name is "Team Pixelboy". I can make the same kind of comment in the Homebrew Boxes tab, where I would prefer "Pixelboy" instead of "PixelBoy". :)

2) "Thexdar" should be "Thexder".

3) I usually write "Mecha-8" instead of "Mecha8", but I understand this can be subject to debate.

4) Peek-a-boo's initial cart color was "dark pink" (while Girl's Garden cart color was "light pink").

5) Zaxxon Super Game's initial cart color was actually translucent black. You can see it if you hold the cartridge up to a light source.

6) I have a Tic-Tac-Toe cartridge, so I could probably help you fill the "unknown" blanks for that particular homebrew. I would need to find it in my stuff though...

By the way, given that you're the guy responsible for last year's ColecoVision mega-dump project, Ikrananka, I'm surprised you didn't include a column for the cartridge size. You already have that information for the legacy games, and this would be especially nice to know for homebrew games (32K, Activision 32K, MegaCart, Activision 64K, Activision 64K with 256-byte EEPROM (The Black Onyx), Activision 64K with 32K EEPROM (Boxxle), Lord of the Dungeon custom PCB, etc.) :)

EDIT: All the cells colored in light red are changes from the last version of the list, is it? There's a lot of red in there, especially in the homebrew tabs, and personally, I don't find that very pleasing to the eye...

EDIT 2: You've got a tab devoted to prototypes from 82-85, but no tab for homebrew prototypes, like Opcode's limited prototype releases?

Thanks for the great updates and corrections info. I'll incorporate this into the Excel list and upload a revision soon.

By the way, given that you're the guy responsible for last year's ColecoVision mega-dump project, Ikrananka, I'm surprised you didn't include a column for the cartridge size. You already have that information for the legacy games, and this would be especially nice to know for homebrew games (32K, Activision 32K, MegaCart, Activision 64K, Activision 64K with 256-byte EEPROM (The Black Onyx), Activision 64K with 32K EEPROM (Boxxle), Lord of the Dungeon custom PCB, etc.) :)

I could easily do that for the commercial carts that I dumped. However, for the homebrew carts and their plethora of PCB and PROM types (e.g. as you listed) I have no way of knowing. At a minimum it would need both CollectorVision and Team Pixelboy to provide that info. Alternatively/additionally, I could replicate the information, given permission to do so, from our friend over at colecovision.dk

This all wasn't common knowledge already?

Maybe to some but it's never been listed in niads master list to my knowledge.

So until I see something there I must assume it's either not widely known or nobody has bothered to report it.

I am guessing there are still a few manual variants not yet reported and probably cart label/shells as well

:)

• Like 1

I could easily do that for the commercial carts that I dumped. However, for the homebrew carts and their plethora of PCB and PROM types (e.g. as you listed) I have no way of knowing. At a minimum it would need both CollectorVision and Team Pixelboy to provide that info. Alternatively/additionally, I could replicate the information, given permission to do so, from our friend over at colecovision.dk

Well, I can give you the ones for Team Pixelboy, to get you started:

Gulkave : 32K (deKleine)

Girl's Garden : 32K (deKleine)

Peek-a-boo : 32K (deKleine)

Pitfall II Arcade : 32K (Activision)

Track & Field : 32K (Activision)

Destructor SCE : 32K (deKleine)

Circus Charlie : 32K (Activision)

Star Force : 32K (Activision)

Ninja Princess : 32K (Activision)

Golgo 13 : 32K (Activision)

Bank Panic : 32K (Activision)

Konami's Ping-Pong : 32K (deKleine)

Wonder Boy : 32K (Activision)

Mopiranger : 32K (Activision)

Princess Quest : 256K (MegaCart)

Quest for the Golden Chalice : 32K (deKleine)

Dragon's Lair : 256K (MegaCart)

Zaxxon Super Game : 128K (MegaCart)

King's Valley : 32K (deKleine)

Thexder : 128K (MegaCart)

Super Action Soccer : 32K (PkK)

Buck Rogers Super Game : 128K (MegaCart)

Module Man : 32K (Activision)

Battle of Hoth : 32K (deKleine)

Mecha-8 : 128K (MegaCart)

The Black Onyx : 32K + 256-byte EEPROM (Activision)

Joust : 32K (deKleine)

Subroc Super Game : 128K (MegaCart)

The Goonies : 128K (MegaCart)

TwinBee : 128K (MegaCart)

Champion Ice Hockey : 32K (deKleine)

Front Line SCE : 32K (PkK)

Boxxle : 32K + 32K EEPROM (Activision)

Spelunker : 128K (MegaCart)

The Stone of Wisdom : 128K (MegaCart)

Knightmare : 128K (MegaCart)

• Like 5

Thank you for the info on the Omega Race manual variation and addendum card. It's great when people take the time to post about their findings whether or not it ends up being something that is known already or possibly not having been added to the list yet. Thank you for all your help over the years, Stupus, and posting with pics in the respective threads.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What an amazing job on the latest update.

One minor contribution I can make on the Consoles and clones tab. Some systems like Laser,Spectravideo, etc had CV adaptors and are described as such. However, for the Pencil II it is more accurately described not as just the Pencil II itself, but better as the PEN-621 Colecovision cartridge adaptor for the Hanimex Pencil II
Definitely an R10

post-18191-0-46384700-1450882130_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

See a one-piece Parker Bros Australian box on Ebay, I believe this to be an update since all I could see in the latest update was reference to the 2-piece parker bros australian

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3219775841431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=321977584143&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's my fault. The collector's list should read 1-piece and not 2-piece. The game for sale is mine and is the one that led to the entry in the collector's list. The only one of this kind that I have ever seen in the wild.

• 1 month later...

I just noticed something missing in the Excel file: There were two distinct versions of Schlange released, one published via Good Deal Games and the other published via GamesConsole.com. Same goes for Monster Masher (and perhaps Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels but I'm not sure about that one). I vaguely recall that there were minor differences between the two versions, at the software level.

Perhaps PkK could confirm (or deny) that there were two versions of Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels. I'm sure about Schlange and Monster Masher though.

• 1 year later...

2015 Bagman (US/NTSC Style Box & Label)

2015 Bagman (US/NTSC Style Yellow Box & Label) CollectorVision H-S

2015 Bagman (PAL/CBS Style Box & Label) CollectorVision H-S

this is surely a silly question for you Colecovision fans. Are there actually NTSC and PAL versions of the games for Colecovision? I've always thought they were "region free".

It's actually exactly the same as intellivision.

All carts are region free but they did region specific releases with different art for boxes, labels manuals etc.

Thinking about now I think for prenes systems the 2600 was the only system where they made the actual carts themselves region specific....annoying.

All others just the consoles were region specific and carts could play on whatever.

Arcadia and rca s2 had some carts for some clones that don't fit in each other but roms on them were the same.

And I guess astrocade had only a USA release so not an issue with it.

;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

What an amazing job on the latest update.

One minor contribution I can make on the Consoles and clones tab. Some systems like Laser,Spectravideo, etc had CV adaptors and are described as such. However, for the Pencil II it is more accurately described not as just the Pencil II itself, but better as the PEN-621 Colecovision cartridge adaptor for the Hanimex Pencil II

Definitely an R10

attachicon.gifIMG_1567.JPG

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but i'm trying to find information about this really rare extension, how it works ? how colecovision games work when it's plugged into Pencil II ?

In fact, everything that could make pencil II a little more attractive and fun :)

Is there any dump that exist somewhere ? or even some work that could explain what is it ?

I know that this extension is only a rom with some code inside. Nothing more, as seen on a picture showing it completely opened :)

I'm trying to figure out how bios call some magical code and convert a colecovision game into a pencil II game, but without more knowledge it's .... difficult.

Thanks a lot.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After years of neglect, I have updated my list of Coleco ADAM Computer Hardware that was released from 1983-2021... both Legacy and Modern Era. It is just a basic text listing, but I have included links to Websites, Forums or Facebook Groups for all the Modern Era hardware that has been developed and/or released.

As always, if you know of any omissions or corrections, please post them here so that I can add them to the list.

Hardware for the Coleco ADAM Computer (1983-2021).doc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1