IGNORED

Design my avatar contest!

davidcalgary29

Great job! But about a spinning TAF or SPACE logo?

Are there pre-existing ones that you want to spin, or should I just make something up?

TAF is essentially comatose, so I don't think that anyone would mind if you got a little creative.

I think that SPACE (or ABACUS, if you want to go "West Coast") has a few logos up on their respective sites.

TAF is essentially comatose, so I don't think that anyone would mind if you got a little creative.  

I think that SPACE (or ABACUS, if you want to go "West Coast") has a few logos up on their respective sites.

Here's TAF's:

tafanim.gif

And here's SPACE's:

space.gif

Although SPACE's logo doesn't reduce down to that size too well.

I probably didn't need to put in the multiple rotating semi-transparent Fujis. :roll:

spacfuji.gif

Probably a bit too much work for an avatar. (Although that's nothing compared to what I went through to make mine.)

I may work on one for ABACUS, but that looks like it might take longer.

Two more SPACE avatars:

With just the acronym:

boomanim.gif

And with text:

boomtext.gif

That 15k limit is a challenge to work with. How on earth did anyone ever manage to program actual games that were that small or smaller?? :ponder:

Hey nice variation on my 'A' spaceship thing :)

I thought about my fourth entry.

After seeing all of the other entries, davidcalgary29 lives in Calgary, Alberta. Not Chicago, St. Paul, or Toronto!

Yeah... I've been wondering about that, too. :ponder:

But who am I to argue? ;)

I'd be particularly impressed with avatars that display that SCAT, TAF, or SPACE logos

I thought about my fourth entry.

After seeing all of the other entries, davidcalgary29 lives in Calgary, Alberta. Not Chicago, St. Paul, or Toronto! Then I made my avatar.

If there is a club or orginization with this name, somebody please PM me or post here with a link to the information, and I will remove this entry.

Here it is. I did the best I could. :|

Hey -- love that new avatar! (Um, for those of us who grew up on Saturday morning TV before "Pokemon", could you explain what a "Snorlax" is?)

Explanation:

I originally asked for avatars including logos from those users' groups because they're the last active Atari-specific groups in North America.

Calgary's users' group, CACE, disbanded in the early '90s. Edmonton's Atari group, EACH, held on for a few more years before it succumbed to a nasty lawsuit and internal bickering, taking down what was left of the Atari community in Alberta with it. I'm a member of SCAT, and plan to join SPACE and ABACUS ASAP. That's why I asked for avatars specifically supporting those groups.

Your new avatar is great, though -- I just wish that there were a few Atari enthusiasts left who would want to form such a group!