IGNORED

Design my avatar contest!

davidcalgary29

Hey -- love that new avatar! (Um, for those of us who grew up on Saturday morning TV before "Pokemon", could you explain what a "Snorlax" is?)

Snorlax:

ani143.gif

Click here for Snorlax info!

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/385/385510p1.html

Ah...I see.

Can you do an avatar of Snorlax eating a smurf?

Just kidding!

Last one from me

Same here. (BTW - I think your own avatar is extremely cool. Nice job!)

This one looked really good... until I had to remove 75% of the frames to make it fit. The 3D is almost totally lost now. Oh well. :roll:

Still, if he's looking for an Atari club avatar, this is the real deal. :D

agc.gif

Still, if he's looking for an Atari club avatar, this is the real deal. :D

You know what's great? The people on that catalog cover are playing Video Pinball and the graphics look just as blocky as a real VCS :D You'd think the artist would take a little license here and there.

Thanks for the kind words about my avatar too

After much personal angst and indecision, a few coin-flipping contests, and carefully perusing Sku_u's own list of "top 5" choices, I'm pleased to announce that the grand prize winner is joeybastard for his "SCAT Superhero" avatar and equally-impressive "Flying A SPACE" avatar.

You wanted that working Jag, baby, and you've earned it! Congratulations!

I have to add a special awed tone of thanks to Nathan Strum for his entire collection of technically superb avatars. There wasn't a stinker in the bunch, and the final choice between his and joeybastard's designs was truly difficult. I especially like his "rotating TAF" logo, although thoughts of movie-theatre hotdogs...slowly rotating on their tracks...kept popping up after repeated, extended viewings. Mmmm...hotdogs...

In respect for his efforts, Nathan gets the runner-up prize of "Val D'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding" for the Jag. Thank you, Nathan!

And many thanks to the other contestants (and esp. sdstuff64's humorous entries) for entering. I loved all of the entries, and now know that there's a bunch of talented artists out there. Hmm. I do have another Jag coming in the mail, now that I think of it... ;)

I especially like his "rotating TAF" logo, although thoughts of movie-theatre hotdogs...slowly rotating on their tracks...kept popping up after repeated, extended viewings. Mmmm...hotdogs...

Hmmm... I hadn't considered the "subliminal advertising" potential. I'll have to work on that next time.

:D

In respect for his efforts, Nathan gets the runner-up prize of "Val D'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding" for the Jag. Thank you, Nathan!

Thank you! Of course, this means I'll have to get a Jaguar now. :ponder:

Congrats to joeybastard! Nice going! :)

WOW! This is the coolest! Thanks a lot for picking mine. I thought Nathan was going to win with that SPACE one that had a Space Invaders kind of thing happening. I'm psyched for that Jag, I've wanted one since the day they came out :D

Congrats to Nathan for scoring second place. I really like the ones you submitted. :)

Thanks again for a fun contest, I'll PM my address and info.

• 2 weeks later...