IGNORED

Fair price for Rampart?

Xot

I got offered a dedicated 3-player Rampart, with trackballs, and it was either a 21 or 27" monitor. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm told it's in excellent condition and that it's been privately owned for several years.

He's asking $525, which I think sounds pretty fair if it's in as good condition as he says it is.

What do y'all think?

He also has a Marble Madness for 600 that I'm considering.

TIA!

I have no idea what that should sell for but if I had the space and the money, I would buy that in a second. Rampart is probably the most underated Atari Coin Op. It was totally original and competely kick ass.

Sorry I know that doesn't help you, but I really like Rampart :)

I have no idea what that should sell for but if I had the space and the money, I would buy that in a second.  Rampart is probably the most underated Atari Coin Op.  It was totally original and competely kick ass.

Sorry I know that doesn't help you, but I really like Rampart :)

I enjoy the game but it's like my wife's absolute favorite. I pretty much have to buy it for her.

:D

According to the 2002 Gameroom Magazine Price Guide it falls between $300 and $400. Some people like the guide, others say it's a piece of crap. I think that it is good for seeing a ballpark figure of what a game may be worth. See if he'll take a little less.

According to the 2002 Gameroom Magazine Price Guide it falls between $300 and $400.   Some people like the guide, others say it's a piece of crap.  I think that it is good for seeing a ballpark figure of what a game may be worth.  See if he'll take a little less.

Guides on purchasing arcade games are really questionable though -- If Rampart has a new screen for instance, the owner invested around $300 for that alone. Price fluctuations are so huge depending on who is looking to buy and what new things have been done or haven't been done to a game.

Basically, if you think it is a good deal, I think you should nab it. Bring someone that knows what is going on with you though, as I've been burned once before.