IGNORED

Road Hunter

Asmusr

Really, the version with the new fonts? I'm not having any issues, just got done playing it a few minutes ago. Are you using the E/A 5 or the E/A 3 version. I could download it again and see if I have any issues. But I have to be out of here my 12:00 for work.

I just downloaded the dsk image, and dsk2pc'd it to the TI and ran from xbasic.. will try from EA

Greg

Congratulations Rasmus!

Just played Road Hunter for the first time and I'm impressed!

You have once again raised the bar. This game looks so sharp on my F18A.

Super smooth scrolling and cool graphics! A very playable game.

Quite impressive seeing what quality arcade games you have come up with :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

cant shoot on the v1.0 on real hw

Greg

I thought I saw this at one point, but then I read the 1st post where it says "Just be aware that if you bump into other cars while carrying a gun you will probably lose it".

Sometimes there are a lot of cars around the Gun when You pick it up, so not bumping into one of them straight after is near impossible.

Very nice indeed. Got to level 3 in my first run - Must have picked up extra cars or something. I like the challenge when the other cars run into each other causing mayhem. Unsure what the gun or bullets icon is supposed to look like. Often a shot travels further and hit two or three cars, but then you can't rely on that. All very nice.

When I put Classic99 in CPU Overdrive everything seems to run smooth and as it should.

:thumbsup:

When I put Classic99 in CPU Overdrive everything seems to run smooth and as it should.

It's peculiar that changing the speed of the emulated CPU should affect screen updating on the host system, but I get the same result. And in System Maximum mode it races ahead like crazy, but still in Normal mode it's seems to have difficulties keeping up.

@Rasmus, I have a 128K layout that I made for Jon a few years ago. I can provide you the files if you want them. I also have a 512K version that uses two switches to turn one of the 128K carts into four, all inside a single case--if you don't install the switches, it is just a vanilla 128K cart. These variants were the trigger that set me on the path to making the fully self-contained 512K cart with Jon and Tursi.

@Ksarul, sorry for nagging but is there any chance you could post those files? I'm thinking of ordering a new batch of PCBs, and they could just as well be 128K.

• Like 1

It's peculiar that changing the speed of the emulated CPU should affect screen updating on the host system, but I get the same result. And in System Maximum mode it races ahead like crazy, but still in Normal mode it's seems to have difficulties keeping up.

It /should/ only affect the CPU clock speed, but.. the timing is all tied to the CPU cycles (which is wrong), so I'm not horribly surprised. :/

System Maximum doesn't work on most systems, I don't warranty that option at all. ;)