IGNORED

HSC5 - Game #1 - Zaxxon

The Classic game, Zaxxon, returns to the HSC... blast your way to that highscore!

(player is free to choose level)

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 @ Noon Central.

Score Table for Zaxxon (Player Choose Skill Level) - FINAL

1. cparsley - 67,200 - 10 pts
  2. ed1475 - 66,800 - 9 pts
  3. gavvv - 44,400 - 8 pts
  4. ignorama - 43,300 - 6 pts
  5. JacobZu7zu7 - 38,400 - 4 pts
  6. darthkur - 30,400 - 2 pts
  7. scalpel - 27,400 - 1 pt
  8. roadrunner - 21,700 - 1 pt
  9. jblenkle - 16,200 - 1 pt
  10. felson42 - 13,400 - 1 pt
  11. LidLikesIntellivision - 12,500 - 1 pt
  12. S.BAZ - 7,100 - 1 pt
  13. mphokie - 6,400 - 1 pt
Edited by cparsley

post-34560-0-41011000-1390624942_thumb.jpg

don't know what skill level that was, I'll have to pay better attention. I need to get my carts out of storage as well. since I moved my INTV system III is just sitting here lookin' good with no games...

I was enjoying the game, it made me laugh. I like the severely unusual look and feel and sounds Intellivision has

So, if I understood him correctly, dz said there is a scoreboard for this HSC and we can earn points... Is that correct? I'm not seeing it

This is the first round of the new season. Cparsley will hopefully build the table next round.

Points are given as explained in this thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204459-intellivision-hsc-rules-regulations/?p=2624589

I've come across some interesting thoughts on this Coleco port... We all know the common belief that Coleco released all sub-standard ports of their titles to boost Colecovision appeal and sales, but after playing and picking this one apart, I'm starting to think we at least have an exception. The controls are decent, play is fluid (other than the bullets in the space section sometimes appearing to arc away from where you wanted to shot them), and actually quite a enjoyable game.

The game can only handle three enemy ships on the screen at one time (including explosion graphics) and the final enemy in each section. Also, the energy countdown pauses during that space run, as I was quite thankful of that on the last run.

All in all, even though it wasn't drawn up that way, quite a decent game to start a new season off with.

And now, my score..

post-25689-0-30559200-1391328811_thumb.jpg