IGNORED

12 best Xbox 360 games

cimerians

This is always fun and its been a long time. Can anyone name their top 12? I may look into nabbing something I missed.

Inspired by this:

http://kotaku.com/the-12-best-games-on-xbox-360-5878837?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

- Oblivion

- The Orange Box

- Dishonored (played on PC)

- Dragon Age Origins (played on PS3)

- Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (played on PS3)

- Dark Souls

- Kameo

- Halo: Reach (played on Microsofts beta test program)

- Burnout Paradise

- PuzzleQuest (best version is on Xbox)

- Ninja Gaiden II

- Tenchu Z (dont laugh at me!)

• Like 1

This is just about my entire XBox 360 collection, not counting things like the "Guitar Hero" games that I bought for dirt cheap and barely play. In rough order of favorites...

1. Rock Band 3

2. Portal 2

3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

4. Burnout: Paradise

5. The Orange Box

6. Tekken 6

7. Raiden IV

8. NamcoMuseum Virtual Arcade

9. Midway Arcade Origins

10. Atari Anthology (yes, it's an XBox game, but it plays on the 360 and even plays in HD, so, nyah)

11. RockSmith

12. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the newer one)

• Like 1

Kind of a biased list, as I haven't played as many of the modern 3D platformers, action games, and first person shooters as I probably should have:

1. Perfect Dark Zero
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. Halo: Reach
  4. Radiant Silvergun (XBLA)
  5. Akai Katana
  6. Mushihemesama Futari 1.5 (import, region free)
  7. Raiden Fighters Aces
  8. Kameo
  9. Gears of War (the first one)
  10. Halo: Anniversary
  • Like 1

1. left 4 dead

2. modern warfare 2

3. COD4 (modern warfare)

4. Skyrim

5. Fallout 3

6. Fallout New Vegas

7. State of Decay

8. Battlefield 3

9. Homefront (campaign only)

10. Borderlands 2

11. Oblivion

12. Black Ops 2 (Zombies Mode only)

• Like 1

Heh, due to lack of time and Atari games to play, my list is pretty short:

- Orange Box (specifically Portal)

- Bayonetta (stuck halfway through the game, but enjoyed what I played)

- Arkham Asylum - played about an hour, then I got.....

- Borderlands (playing now and loving)

Once I am done with that Borderlands 2 is sitting here waiting for me, as is Assassin's Creed 3. I am sure the Burnout games would be instant addiction if they are anything like the previous generation.

Edited by Chuck D. Head

I've logged A LOT of 360 hours but many of the games I've played in a series, so I chose not to fill up my list with various games in the same series

1) Batman Arkham series (City stands out)

2) Mass Effect series (3 stands out)

3) Assassin's Creed series (2 stands out)

4) Elder Scrolls series (I kinda prefer Oblivion)

5) The Walking Dead XBLA

6) Pinball FX2 XBLA (Avengers table is great)

7) Red Dead Redemption (I'm not a GTA fan)

8) Gears of War series (2 stands out for me with Hoard mode)

9) Settlers of Catan XBLA

10) Magic the Gathering series XBLA (1 stands out)

11) Dead Space (only played 1)

12) Halo series (3 stands out)

Honorable mention for Portal 2 which I played on Steam

I also own some games for this gen that I haven't gotten around to playing yet: Dishonored, Deus Ex, Xcom. They might make their way on this list at some point.

• Like 2

Lots of good games on these lists.

Be hard to just pick 12 but here's my contribution based on the number of hours I spent playing the game, how memorable the game was, and games I still go back to even years after the fact in no particular order.

Oblivion

Mass Effect 1

Eternal Sonata

Condemned

Borderlands

Beautiful Katamari

Left 4 Dead

Kameo

Crackdown

Halo 3

Fallout 3

Burnout Revenge (Just played this last week, was surprised the servers are still up!)

I'm wondering if Perfect Dark is worth picking up for cheap....I'll have to dig around some old threads here. :P

I think it is. The game received rave reviews upon release, but seems to get a bad rap these days due to it not being "Call of Duty-ified". It feels a little more like a hybrid of XBOX-era (not 360) first person shooters, and the N64 Goldeneye/original Perfect Dark styled games it is based on. The visuals are a little dated, naturally, but I think some of the effects used are still really cool (particularly the first snow level you get to at night, the reflections and shadows still look amazing). It's also super cheap, probably costing you a whopping $3 for a CIB copy. The Collector's Edition tin-cased version should only run you $7 or $8 too if that's the route you want to take.

• Like 1

I don't think it should count due to its stripped down nature compared to past iterations, but I think I've actually spent the most time on Outrun Online Arcade for Xbox 360 gaming.

Not a download fan, but it was perfect for Outrun to sneak in a race or two here and there before switching back to something more in depth like Oblivion.

8. NamcoMuseum Virtual Arcade

9. Midway Arcade Origins

10. Atari Anthology (yes, it's an XBox game, but it plays on the 360 and even plays in HD, so, nyah)

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is worthy as well. And if pinball sims count, the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection was another great one.

And honorable mention should go to the Raiden Fighters Aces compilation even though it was just three games.

Classic gaming compilations might've died with this generation, but at least they went out with a bang with several excellent ones on the 360/PS3 along with the Wii and handhelds.

Edited by Atariboy

My would be something like:

1. Halo Wars

2. Castle Crasher (XBLA)

3. Plants Vs Zombies (XBLA)

4. Mortal Kombat 9

5. Bioshock

6. Crackdown

7. Torchlight (XBLA)

8. Borderlands

9. Rez (XBLA)

10. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike (XBLA)

11. Bioshock Infinite

12. Defense Grid (XBLA)

With honorary mentions to Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Diablo III, Halo: Reach, Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Double Dragon Neon (XBLA), Run Away (Indie), Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (XBLA), Hydro Thunder Hurricane (XBLA), Penny Arcade Rain Slick Precipice 1 and 2 (XBLA), Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (XBLA), Risk: Factions (XBLA), Guardian Heroes (XBLA), Little Racers Street (Indie), Streets of Fury (Indie), and a katrillion others that I've loved. What a great system. :)

Most interesting how different each of the posted lists have been so far, not that many repeat offenders on the top of everyone's list (esp mine since I'm a weirdo).

• Like 1

I'll keep my list of favorite Xbox360 games to exclusives (not available on other consoles):

Gears of War series

Halo series, with Halo War's my favorite

Far Cry Instincts Predator

Tropico

Defense Grid

Keffling series

Crackdown

Condemned

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic

The Outfit

Risen

• Like 2

This is a tough one but....(in no particular order):

• Blue Dragon
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Kameo
  • Mass Effect Series (yes I'm cheating, get used to it because....)
  • Halo Series (includes Halo Wars)
  • Crackdown
  • Gears of War Series
  • Lego series
  • Bioshock Series
  • Shadow Complex
  • Alan Wake (including American Nightmare)
  • Mark of the Ninja

The funny thing is, I realize that by 'cheating' I have at least 20 games shown above, and there are still so many games I feel should be on my list. Strong console, this one is.

• Like 1

In no particular order:

Gears of War series
The Latest Tomb Raider game

The Orange Box & Portal 2
Civilization Revolution (totally maddening at times but I'm addicted and better replay value than Tropico 3/4 IMHO)
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Batman Arkham series

Bioshock Series
Borderlands

Geometry Wars Evolved 1/2

Near misses:
Blue Dragon - The leveling required to beat bosses made it fee repetitive after a while.

Sacred 2 Fallen Angel - This might make my list if I play it again. I think my 360 died when I was part way through and I never finished it.
Ticket To Ride - Ok, it's not an arcade game and most people would probably never choose it, but it's a good game to play online with people that want to play something more like a board game
Perfect Dark Zero - Textures are a bit poor on the disk version so I knocked it down for that.

I have PC versions of several games people listed but I haven't played the 360 versions. They would make my list if the 360 version is as well done as the PC versions.
Torchlight I/II
Dragon Age Origins

*edit*
Looks like I'll have to look up a copy of Kameo.

Edited by JamesD
  • Like 1

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is worthy as well. And if pinball sims count, the Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection was another great one.

Classic gaming compilations might've died with this generation, but at least they went out with a bang with several excellent ones on the 360/PS3 along with the Wii and handhelds.

Yes to everything above and the Namco collection that was mentioned earlier is pretty incredible