IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 5 is up!

I started a list of questions in an early post but here are more:

- Keith considered the egg and hot dog screen in Stonix a violation of copyright. What is his opinion on the DK series games? Is renaming a title enough to get around copyright?

- He was not willing to work with Intelligentvision in the past but seemed to change his mind to work with Elektronite. Why the change of heart?

- Will they release the Tutorvision software? They were willing to rename games from Major League Baseball to just Baseball. Could they not do that with the Tutorvision work?

- Does he own licenses to Yogi and many of the other unreleased games? How could he if they were not Mattel's to sell? If he does, why did he not include them on his Lives or Rocks CD?

- Is he aware that Space Shuttle has the voices in it? Why did he not release this rom on his CD compliations?

- They announced an update to the Rock CD. Are they ever going to release it?

- They released two of the 3 games that make up the Pary Line line compilation but not Blow Out. Why?

- There was a better emulation solution for the Intellivsion handhelds. Why did they pick such a bad one?

- In 2003, they announced they would release games on cart. Are they still planning on doing this?

I have a lot more (years of saving them up) but I will let others chime in for now. It may take about 10 podcast to get these answered but I am sure you can do it!

• Like 2

Awesome questions!

Here are some of mine after you ask him all of Intvdaves questions.

What is going on with the direct TV games intv flashback console from At games?

Any compilation planned for Wii U/Xbox One/Ps4?.....either online or retail.

What gaming consoles does he personally own and play?

When will they update/revamp the intellivision lives website?

Does he visit any other intellivision fan sites?

(If so, which ones and how often)

What are his top 5 favorite games to play on any system?

Does he have the "125" ?

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 2

What is going on with the direct TV games intv flashback console from At games?

Any compilation planned for Wii U/Xbox One/Ps4?.....either online or retail.

What gaming consoles does he personally own and play?

Rev, this has become your and my thread :)

Funny how your questions are about new consoles or another poorly designed product. Do you really want to play Intellivision games on an Xbox or PS4? I do not!

Hhmmmm...let us see....Keith owns a Tutorvsion? Him answering any non-Intellivision console would show how he has no plans of supporting us collectors of the ORIGINAL console. Well, we already know he does not support the original console. It is all about the "lettuce" (not bacon)!

Since you have so much interest in new consoles, why are you planning on releasing products for the original console? Are you starting a new business?

Rev, this has become your and my thread :)

Funny how your questions are about new consoles or another poorly designed product. Do you really want to play Intellivision games on an Xbox or PS4? I do not!

Hhmmmm...let us see....Keith owns a Tutorvsion? Him answering any non-Intellivision console would show how he has no plans of supporting us collectors of the ORIGINAL console. Well, we already know he does not support the original console. It is all about the "lettuce" (not bacon)!

Since you have so much interest in new consoles, why are you planning on releasing products for the original console? Are you starting a new business?

I was going to ask some questions about the old intv console, but you hogged all the good ones! :D :D

Yes, I would rather play them on original console, but nonetheless, I still had to throw those questions out there.

But in all fairness, I will wait until the AT games flashback console is released to judge it...........BUT, based on some of their past products..........

Yes, i have interest in many consoles. Just this weekend I was playing Halo on the original Xbox.

But just like most everyone in this forum, Intellivision is special. It is my favorite. It is a thrill to get a new game for your childhood console. The old scenario on a desert island, you know what console I would bring.....

I was going to ask some questions about the old intv console, but you hogged all the good ones! :D :D

Yes, I would rather play them on original console, but nonetheless, I still had to throw those questions out there.

But in all fairness, I will wait until the AT games flashback console is released to judge it...........BUT, based on some of their past products..........

Yes, i have interest in many consoles. Just this weekend I was playing Halo on the original Xbox.

But just like most everyone in this forum, Intellivision is special. It is my favorite. It is a thrill to get a new game for your childhood console. The old scenario on a desert island, you know what console I would bring.....

You wouldn't bring a console, you'd bring a dildo.

It will be interesting to see if they duplicate the original controller. The controller was not well received in the day and I would think it would be less well received today. ATGAMES must have done very well with the Atari to be willing to release an Intellivision unit. I hope they do not let us faithful (not including you Rev since you play Halo when you have yet to play Inty games) down with half baked product.

Indeed, Rev should only play Intellivision!

In order to play HALO, first you need to plug the system changer, put Halo 2600, and use this controller.

ATA26CON0165L.gif

I should only play Intv games?

You guys are too funny!

Console wars will never die.

It started with Atari/INTV. Continues down to this day....

Nurmix. This would make a good segment for your show I think. :-)

• Like 1

You guys are too funny!

I'm just kidding.

I have, and play, other consoles too. Currently I have Atari 2600, 7800, a broken Colecovision, a Nes clone, Playstation 2, Wii and my Intellivision 2 with the ECS.

In fact, since the Atari HSC goes weekly, I finish playing more Atari than Intellivision...

I like to see as many games for Intellivision as possible. Until I can't see them, I like the idea of playing Atari games with the system changer and that controller I've found seems to be a great one to use with the system changer. :)

I have, and play, other consoles too. Currently I have Atari 2600, 7800, a broken Colecovision, a Nes clone, Playstation 2, Wii and my Intellivision 2 with the ECS.

In fact, since the Atari HSC goes weekly, I finish playing more Atari than Intellivision...

I like to see as many games for Intellivision as possible. Until I can't see them, I like the idea of playing Atari games with the system changer and that controller I've found seems to be a great one to use with the system changer.

How is that Colecovision working out for you?

If you have a 2600, why would you use the system changer? The Joy Sensor is for the Atari. The black one is for the Colecovision. I like this controller but only for certain games. I still prefer the Inty disc.

Rev, console wars? What are you talking about? I only play Intellivision games. I do not know anyone that plays Atari or Coleco games less anything else.

I am dying to hear what Keith has to say about those crappy handhelds they made.

Edited by intvdave

How is that Colecovision working out for you?

If you have a 2600, why would you use the system changer? The Joy Sensor is for the Atari. The black one is for the Colecovision. I like this controller but only for certain games. I still prefer the Inty disc.

I've sent my Coleco for repair and I'm waiting for months now... Its cartridge slot lost some pins and it looks like a mouth missing many teeth. I love Colecovision but I have a bad luck regarding Coleco stuff...

My recently acquired system changer is with customs, I can't wait to have it. The system change builds my growing Inty hardware collection, it will save space on my desk (my Inty is almost always hooked), it will be nice to play M-Network carts using the Intellivision.

You guys are too funny!

Thanks, Rev, but I think I'll leave the console war commentary to the Odyssey 2...

;)

I am dying to hear what Keith has to say about those crappy handhelds they made.

You will, soon.

;)

But I will say that while you and I didn't care for those original plug and play games (with their NES on a chip emulation), they did sell over a million of them, which enabled Intellivision Productions to remain in business, get the Intellivision name out there to a wider audience (no such thing as BAD publicity, after all), and allowed the budget to bring to market other products like the DS version, the Gen2 stuff, and the upcoming AT Games console.

You will, soon.

;)

But I will say that while you and I didn't care for those original plug and play games (with their NES on a chip emulation), they did sell over a million of them, which enabled Intellivision Productions to remain in business, get the Intellivision name out there to a wider audience (no such thing as BAD publicity, after all), and allowed the budget to bring to market other products like the DS version, the Gen2 stuff, and the upcoming AT Games console.

I bought the plug-and-play game (along with all others of the same type that came out at roughly the same time). I never got around to open and use it, so it is still sealed in its package. I always intended to play with it at some time, but now I'm not so sure... it seems it's crap. Perhaps it'll be worth something in 30 years! :lol:

-dZ.

I bought the plug-and-play game (along with all others of the same type that came out at roughly the same time). I never got around to open and use it, so it is still sealed in its package. I always intended to play with it at some time, but now I'm not so sure... it seems it's crap. Perhaps it'll be worth something in 30 years! :lol:

-dZ.

I bought one of the blue built in to the controller ones around 8 years ago. It played terribly. No thanks.

I bought one of the blue built in to the controller ones around 8 years ago. It played terribly. No thanks.

I'm in complete agreement with you on that, Jason. I didn't like it at all. My point is that despite what we as enthusiasts/collectors thought of it, it was a commercial success for IP.

I don't think their intention was to release a bad product, from an emulation standpoint. But it was what they were able to put out at that time for the price point they wanted.

But this is just my opinion. We will soon hear the reasons behind it directly from the source.