IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 5 is up!

Back on topic, I'm currently setting a record for powering through all six EPs. :) in the last day or two I've listened to 6,5,1,2 and currently listening to Rick Levine talk about Microsurgeon. 27 minutes left and I'll listen again to 4 tonight. You guys have done an awesome job with these podcasts. Please always beg any programmers you speak to to consider writing new games.

• Like 2

Back on topic, I'm currently setting a record for powering through all six EPs. :) in the last day or two I've listened to 6,5,1,2 and currently listening to Rick Levine talk about Microsurgeon. 27 minutes left and I'll listen again to 4 tonight. You guys have done an awesome job with these podcasts. Please always beg any programmers you speak to to consider writing new games.

Wow, cmart! That's Intellivisionaries overload!

Thanks for the suggestion. That's already the plan - typically 'off air' though.

We will be setting a show length record with the upcoming baseball episode... 3 interviews, reviewing all 3 baseball variations, plus the usual stuff we do. I won't be surprised at all if episode 7 tops 5+ hours.

5+? Pshaw. Anything less than 6 is a wimp out. :)

• Like 1

I've seriously had friends at work "kindly suggesting" that we consider the length of the show. We don't want to drive our listeners away!

This is not directed at you Rick, as you and I have talked about this many times, but...

I really don't get that. There's no requirement to listen all in one sitting. I hope you told them to embrace 'pause technology'.

That's typically how I listen to podcasts. On my iPhone through Downcast. Going back where I left off is as simple as a tap or two. I often switch between different podcasts depending on my mood.

• Like 1

Are the MP3's up on youtube?

That may be good to get the word out too. it could all link back to your site as well. then you, in your spare time could have visuals along with the podcast....maybe not you on camera, but box art or whatever you are discussing.

just thinking out loud, not tellin ya what to do. :P :-D

Are the MP3's up on youtube?

That may be good to get the word out too. it could all link back to your site as well. then you, in your spare time could have visuals along with the podcast....maybe not you on camera, but box art or whatever you are discussing.

just thinking out loud, not tellin ya what to do. :P :-D

Thanks, Rev. Rick has something in the works along those lines..

I've seriously had friends at work "kindly suggesting" that we consider the length of the show. We don't want to drive our listeners away!

I just use Slice Audio File Splitter and cut them into 20 minutes chunks, copy them to the media player in my jeep and listen to to them. Makes it easy to find where I left off if my kids change to a music folder.

• Like 1

This is not directed at you Rick, as you and I have talked about this many times, but...

I really don't get that. There's no requirement to listen all in one sitting. I hope you told them to embrace 'pause technology'.

That's typically how I listen to podcasts. On my iPhone through Downcast. Going back where I left off is as simple as a tap or two. I often switch between different podcasts depending on my mood.

I can tell you that I am one of those who gets turned off by the length of a podcast. Whether you want to accept it or not, it is a real phenomenon. It may be obvious to you that there is no requirement to listen to everything in one sitting, but such is human nature. The size of a show influences how people listen to it, and telling them to "embrace pause technology" does not change that.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I can tell you that I am one of those who gets turned off by the length of a podcast. Whether you want to accept it or not, it is a real phenomenon. It may be obvious to you that there is no requirement to listen to everything in one sitting, but such is human nature. The size of a show influences how people listen to it, and telling them to "embrace pause technology" does not change that.

-dZ.

Yeah, I know it's a real thing. Some people will just have a problem with a long podcast.

But I think the question isn't really one of long or short, but of the amount of work required to put out the amount of content we're putting out. We want to do the kind of show we're doing - lots of talk about the games, long-form interviews, etc. We *could* carve up a given month's content into shorter shows, but it would be (I'm guessing here) a lot more work. At some point, there would be the risk that it just wouldn't seem worth it. So I think it ends up being a choice between long-ish shows and no shows at all.

I can definitely tell you I can't put out a long show every week!! :) We record late at night, and it takes me a couple of days to recover! :)

So we're doing the kind of show we want to do and that we *can* do given life's constraints on time, etc. That might change in the future, who knows? But we're doing what we can now. :)

Personally, I like weekly podcasts as well. it's simpler to feel more "connected" with the hosts -- at least that's my impression. But I really like RGR too. So the length isn't a major problem for me. I hope that the Intellivision community likes what we're doing and can put up with the length issue, when it is an issue.

• Like 1

Could the pause feature be advertised a little more?

Then maybe people won't get overwhelmed I guess.

Me personally have no prob with the length.

Thanks for the great show.

Now get to interviewing Keith some more with those tough questions! Hey, maybe ask him about the At games Intv flashback as well.