IGNORED

Atari Flashback 5 New Features (Dream List)

Has anybody asked Sam's club management what their price would be on the deluxe model? I know some of them are showing up on the computers before getting them.

They told me it would be $39.99. The only thing they couldn't tell me is when they would get them in. So we wait...

Just got the Atari Flashback 5 in at work about a week or so ago. Was sort of surprised to see it's got 92 games. What I find amusing is they show 87 on the back but don't tell you what the other 5 are.

The other 5 games are homebrew releases from Good Deal Games: Chase It!, Escape It!, Miss It!, Shield Shifter, and Strip Off!. I'd guess they were left off the back of the box because the mainstream consumer has no nostalgia for homebrews--but then again, a number of the FB5's non-homebrew titles were unreleased back in the day and thus also come with no specific nostalgia value. Maybe they were just left off because 92 games can only be listed in either a 46 X 2 or 23 X 4 rectangle, and AtGames preferred a 13 x 7 rectangle whose last 4 slots were filled in with "and more" rather than any of the 5 remaining titles.

onmode-ky

I picked up one today at Walmart. I was suprised to see that it had wired controllers. The ones I saw at Toys R Us when I bought the ColecoVision and Intellivision consoles had wireless controllers. I don't remember seeing there were going to be differences for the Atari FB5 at different stores.

I picked up one today at Walmart. I was suprised to see that it had wired controllers. The ones I saw at Toys R Us when I bought the ColecoVision and Intellivision consoles had wireless controllers. I don't remember seeing there were going to be differences for the Atari FB5 at different stores.

There's a deluxe version of the 5 with wired paddles that's not supposed to be sold at Wal-Mart. Otherwise, all other versions just come with wireless joysticks.

This is what I bought.

How funny. They must have created a new variation. Nice of them to let me know. Anyway, with that said, few people really like the wireless controllers, so I think you ended up with the better package with the backwards compatible controllers.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More Homebrew, like the Coleco Flashback did! Also an SD card slot would be nice! Getting the clarity of modern hook ups seems good, but Atari isn't really as easy to emulate as it might seem. I'm a stickler for details. The Flashback 2 is my favorite so far, as they put the pin out on the PCB to mod in your own cartridge slot. I really like "Off the Wall" and "Fatal Run"! "Atari Climber" is an excellent homebrew and "Radar Lock" is basically "Afterburner" for the Atari! These are all on the FB2. Fatal Run was never released in NTSC!

Like I said..MORE HOMEBREWS! Possibly an SD slot..

..my 2 cents.