IGNORED

Deal Alert

cimerians

Do you need to have played the other two to enjoy it? I have #1 for the PC, untouched. Neither of my Macs are powerful enough for #2, but that got a 360 release, correct?

Not really.....it seems it's like the Ultima series, you can play the next game and enjoy it without having played the others even though its a bit more enjoyable seeing familiar faces again if you know what I mean. I have the first on PC and I have a copy of the second on Xbox 360 too. I went back to the PC version to play it again last year and it was sort of painful to watch the graphics etc.

CD project red says: "Of course, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a great experience on its own terms – you don’t need to play previous games to understand the story. You don’t need to play The Witcher and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. But I’d strongly recommend to play both previous games as well!"

If you dont have the time and don't want to play the old games but still want to know about the world and what happened.....read this:

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152

I think the games take place after the novels so if you want to know about the characters and the original books even more check this:

http://io9.com/how-to-get-into-the-witcher-novels-1706064080

• 3 weeks later...

I added NIS to my personal boycott list years ago over DLC whoring. Otherwise I'd probably have been all over this since I always use to be weak against physical goodies. (Oh how companies like NIS rid me of that weakness...)

*addition*

In fact it was the type of DLC whoring seen in Disgaea 3 - the first of the series on the PS3 and on a dlc-able system, that fueled the boycott that started after I looked at the long list of DLC for the first Hyperdimension Neptunia and was forced to say to myself "This is what my 90 dollars -didn't- buy."

Thankfully for them, they apparently DO have enough fans that will buy the 50-150 dollars of DLC (in most cases, for things that were included as unlockables in previous games - or didn't exist at all (ie: artificial level limits)) to offset the losses from day1 preorderers like myself. So yeah, anyone trying to tell me that DLC isn't just gutting what a game use to be can go preach to someone else.

Edited by Mord

I added NIS to my personal boycott list years ago over DLC whoring. .

Yes thats right! NIS is insane with it. lol.

Although most of it I tend to ignore since it's just optional stuff so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

The worst DLC I've ever seen thus far is Dead or Alive by Koei-Tecmo. I've never seen so many costume DLC's in my life all of it would probably cost hundreds of dollars. They beat Hyperdimension Neptunia and Cross Edge combined, easily.

flash sale:

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: CastleStorm Definitive Edition - $5.25

PS4

Bound by Flame - $14.00

Game of Thrones Season Pass - $12.50

Hand of Fate - $8.00

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $3.80

LEGO The Hobbit - $10.00

Never Alone (Kimisa Ingitchuna) - $6.00

Omega Quintet - $24/00

Rack N Ruin - $4.50

Road Not Taken - $5.25

Shadow Warrior - $7.50

Ziggurat - $6.00

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this 2,000 mAh battery for a cheap $5 that can be swapped out in the controller. Its pretty easy to open up the controller and replace the 1K one thats there which will give you double the charge time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-Pack-for-Sony-Playstation-PS4-Controller-Cable-OB/281773318644?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33098%26meid%3D47c036ac161b4c31b2ca7c1c65811d0e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D331343415854

Aqua Kitty is very cool...a cross between Atari 2600 Seaquest and Defender. Later levels are very difficult IMO but maybe I'm just not as good as I used to be in arcade games. Hotline Miami is good fun and another very hard game to beat, I had to resort to youtube on a few boss fights.

Some of the Arcade Archives are on sale but still expensive at $4 bucks each, I picked up Terra Cresta and Crazy Climber.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Flash Sale:

PS4

Badland: Game of the Year Edition ($4.80)
Bastion ($6)
Don't Starve: Console Edition ($4.50)
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture ($8
Godzilla ($24)
Limbo ($4)
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut ($2)
Lord's of the Fallen ($21)
Metro Redux ($12.50)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell ($8
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition ($16)
Titan Attacks! ($2.40)
White Night ($4.95)

PS3

Alien Rage ($3)
Battle Princess of Arcadias ($9)
BioShock ($3)
BioShock 2 ($3)
BioShock Infinite ($8
Darksiders ($3)
Darksiders II ($6)
Darksiders II Ultimate Edition ($12)
Darksiders + Darksiders II Ultimate Edition ($14)
Godzilla ($20)
I Am Alive ($3)
Limbo ($4)
Machinarium ($2.50)
MotorStorm Apocalypse ($2.25)
Narco Terror ($2)
Proteus ($2.80)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell ($ 8
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition ($12)
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ($4)
The Last Guy ($1.50)
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ($14.50)
Tokyo Jungle ($2.25)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($ 8

PS Vita

Black Rock Shooter The Game ($4)
Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection ($4)
Half-Minute Hero ($4)
htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary ($5.25)
Limbo ($4)
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony ($6)
Machinarium ($1.75)
Proteus ($2.80)
Race the Sun ($3.50)
Valhalla Knights 3 ($ 8
Ys: Seven ($6)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ($10)
Z.H.P. ($3)

• 1 month later...

Godzilla is part of the flash sale for $14. Combine that with the 10 percent off coupon and you get a $70 game for just over $10 :)

I grabbed Godzilla and King Oddball. King Oddball is an Angry Birds like game for $6.99 (again take 10 percent off of that too) and

after playing the demo found it worth the money to get the full version.

Godzilla is part of the flash sale for $14. Combine that with the 10 percent off coupon and you get a $70 game for just over $10 :)

I grabbed Godzilla and King Oddball. King Oddball is an Angry Birds like game for $6.99 (again take 10 percent off of that too) and

after playing the demo found it worth the money to get the full version.

I beat King Oddball. I liked it. Godzilla isn't that great but I've played worse for $10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/352502-star-wars-4-pack-psn-download-for-ps4-1449/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cheapassgamer+%28Cheap+Ass+Gamer+-+Video+Game+Deals+Forum%29

Direct Link:

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/star-wars-4-classic-games-download-code/?clickid=V0OSN7T:o0::xByWLo0nr1r6UkXSJO2WDTZ7xk0

$14.49 = 20% off entire PSN code + One code for all four Star Wars games.

I took a chance and it works. The 20% off code works when your in your PSN basket and checkout. The other code just needs to be redeemed and you get all the Star Wars games. Nice deal.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/352502-star-wars-4-pack-psn-download-for-ps4-1449/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cheapassgamer+%28Cheap+Ass+Gamer+-+Video+Game+Deals+Forum%29

Direct Link:

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/star-wars-4-classic-games-download-code/?clickid=V0OSN7T:o0::xByWLo0nr1r6UkXSJO2WDTZ7xk0

$14.49 = 20% off entire PSN code + One code for all four Star Wars games.

I took a chance and it works. The 20% off code works when your in your PSN basket and checkout. The other code just needs to be redeemed and you get all the Star Wars games. Nice deal.

I only received a single code, does this contain both the games and the 20% discount?

I only received a single code, does this contain both the games and the 20% discount?

Its actually two codes. The one that has no dashes is the 20% off code. The other one that has dashes in it is the one for the games. (or vice versa)

Looks like this:

Thank you for your purchase!

Star Wars 4 Classic Games Download Code + 20% PSN Discount Code x 1 - $14.49 (USD)

Any Serial/License Key Code(s) will be displayed below.

Star Wars 4 Classic Games Download Code + 20% PSN Discount Code -

BXB8J9O8FP PKP7-T6NC-KCFF

Its actually two codes. The one that has no dashes is the 20% off code. The other one that has dashes in it is the one for the games. (or vice versa)

Looks like this:

Thank you for your purchase!

Star Wars 4 Classic Games Download Code + 20% PSN Discount Code x 1 - $14.49 (USD)

Any Serial/License Key Code(s) will be displayed below.

Star Wars 4 Classic Games Download Code + 20% PSN Discount Code -

BXB8J9O8FP PKP7-T6NC-KCFF

Thanks..I see that now :)

Damn beer!