Gwobby Micro by Jason Kendall

Minidash by Bill Kendrick

Puzzler 2014 by Sleepy

Drunk Pistol by mgr inz. Rafal

Crack My Luggage by gozar

Roguelike by ilmenit

Nimx by Cliff Hatch

Hello Gunnar

Every entry would have a loading time of approximately 1,5 minutes. In the manual the authors could explain line by line how the program works.

And you could use the second track on the tape for a short audible explanation of the program. Not line by line, but stuff like "Press this to do that", "you get points for ...", etc. 1,5 Minutes should be enough for that. And it adds some extra retro-feeling. You can't do that with floppies.

Sincerely

Mathy

I really like the 10-Liner concept. Whether you are learning to program or reliving the creative anarchy of the 1980’s, these small projects are very compelling.

My contribution is Nimx:

Nim1

Nimx.pdf
Nimx Code Description.pdf
Nimx.ATR

It qualifies for the competition as a game, but it's also intended to be a bit of fun with computer history. It crams a 113 year old algorithm into a few lines of code on a 30 year old Atari to imitate the 60+ year old Nimatron and Nimrod - gaming machines from the dawn of the computer age.

The Nimatron created great excitement at the 1940 New York World’s Fair, and when Nimrod was exhibited at the Berlin Trade Fair in 1951 it was reported to be so popular that the visitors "entirely ignored a bar at the far end of the room where free drinks were available".

More details are in the manual.

Thanks to everyone at NOMAM for running the competition!

Best Regards

Cliff
  • Like 4

Well,

at school our maths teacher played NIM with us, but he always used a pyramid:

O

O O O

O O O O O

O O O O O O O

and he used sticks or matches (or painted sticks on the chalk board)

-Andreas Koch.

The game can be played with any number of different starting positions. I think you get the equivalent of the pyramid by changing the DATA statement in line 0 to: DATA 4,1,3,5,7.

If I remember rightly, my brother and I first played it with matches too. :)

21st game registered :-o

Jumpsheep by fdingler

Paddleship by Bill Kendrick

Sijmen by me

Squirrel by fdingler

Shmup by Bill Kendrick

Colfusion by Irgendwer

Planets by Bill Kendrick

Slice by Bill Kendrick

GozMind by gozar Retracted

Carrera by Daniel Serpell

Minijong by Bill Kendrick

Jump! by Xuel

Count1ing Zoo by 1NG

Hanged Man by Jakub Husak

Puzzler 2014 by Sleepy

Roguelike by ilmenit

Nimx by Cliff Hatch

Catch by Chris Read

Ooops, I discovered that I had accidentally left a couple of ENDIFs out of Nimx. I had noticed that the line indentation looked a bit strange, but I didn't immediately realise the system was trying to tell me that something was mismatched. Amazingly this didn't stop the program running as intended, but here's the corrected version:

Nim1

Nimx.pdf

Nimx Code Description.pdf

Nimx.ATR

I've been lurking on this thread for some time, and it's inspired be to begin learning atari basic (finally, after 30 years, right?).

I'm still in my first week, but I have a 10-line game--Grue Killer.

It's my attempt to fit as much of a turn-based battle system into 10 lines as I can. A few things got left out...like any sort of graphics.

Anyway, somebody's got to come in last for this thing, so I figure that it might as well be me. I mean, there's a full roguelike in the contest already--holy cow, ilmenit. Also, please let me know if I broke any of the contest rules. This is my first time around.

post-17659-0-93300900-1393873510_thumb.jpg

Grue Killer.atr

GRUEKILL.BAS

Code below:

Spaghetti Code:

1 DIM K$(1):DIM Y$(13):Y$="FINAL SCORE: ":DIM U$(13):U$="HIGH SCORE:  ":B=0:S=0:H=100:P=4:E=100:GOTO 9
2 OPEN #5,4,0,"K:":I=PEEK(764):IF I=255: CLOSE #5:GOTO 2:ENDIF:GET #5,I:CLOSE #5:K$=CHR$(I):RETURN
3 PR.:PR."HEALTH: ";H:PR."SCORE: ";S:PR."POTIONS: ";P:PR.:PR. "(A)TTACK OR (H)EAL?":D=RAND(48):M=RAND(25)
4 GOSUB 2:IF K$="H" AND P>0 THEN Z=D+M:H=H+Z:PR."HEALED FOR ";Z;" HIT POINTS":P=P-1
5 IF K$="A" THEN E=E-D:H=H-M:PR.:PR."YOU DID ";D;" DAMAGE, BUT WERE HIT FOR ";M:IF D>40 THEN 10
6 IF E<1 AND H>0 THEN PR.:PR."YOU HAVE DEFEATED THE GRUE!":S=S+100:E=100:IF D>40 THEN P=P+1:PR."FOUND A POTION!"
7 IF H<1 THEN PR.:PR."SORRY, YOU DIED!":PR.Y$;S:PR.U$;B:GOSUB 2:S=0:H=100:P=4:E=100:GR.0:SE.2,0,0:GOTO 9
8 IF H>99: H=100:ENDIF:PR.:PR."PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE":GOSUB 2
9 IF S>B:B=S:ENDIF:GR.0:SE.2,0,0:PR."IT IS PITCH BLACK.":PR."YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A GRUE.":GOTO 3
10 PR. "CRITICAL HIT!":SE.2,3,4:SO.0,150,8,4:FOR L=1 TO 499:NEXT L:SOUND 0,0,0,0:SE.2,0,0:GOTO 6
Variable List:
K$= (KEYBOARD CHR)
Y$= "FINAL SCORE: "
U$= "HIGH SCORE:  "
S = SCORE
B = BEST SCORE
H = HEALTH (100 MAX)
P = #POTIONS (POTIONS DROPPED ON CRITICAL HIT KILL)
Z = AMOUNT HEALED BY POTION (D+M VALUE)
E = ENEMY HEALTH
I = INKEY VALUE
D = DAMAGE ROLL (41+ IS CRITICAL HIT)
M = DAMAGE ENEMY DOES
L = SOUND LOOP

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

Hi!

I finished my second game: "Joyas"

post-18634-0-96333100-1393903481_thumb.png

You play with the joystick, join more than three pieces of the same type to make points. The game is over if you have less points than moves, press any key to start again.

I tried to make the game faster, but it's really difficult with the slowness of basic ;-)

joyas.atr

• Like 10

23th game registered :party:

Jumpsheep by fdingler

Paddleship by Bill Kendrick

Sijmen by me

Squirrel by fdingler

Shmup by Bill Kendrick

Colfusion by Irgendwer

Planets by Bill Kendrick

Slice by Bill Kendrick

GozMind by gozar Retracted

Carrera by Daniel Serpell

Minijong by Bill Kendrick

Jump! by Xuel

Count1ing Zoo by 1NG

Hanged Man by Jakub Husak

Puzzler 2014 by Sleepy

Roguelike by ilmenit

Nimx by Cliff Hatch

Catch by Chris Read

Grue Killer by Reaperman

Joyas by Daniel Serpell

Well, another day, another game. I think I'm picking Turbo Basic up pretty fast, but I've still got a long way to go.

Dodge Racer is a fairly fast-paced action game Fire button starts, stick steers, and points are awarded as each new obstacle is placed. Can you make it to level 2? Dodge Racer runs a bit too fast when compiled, but there's tons of space to build in a time-waster if these need to compile.

DODGER.BAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNoh6ZH2gw

CODE

0D=1:W=0:F=1:P=0:H=0:DIM G$(44),J$(7),Q$(7),U$(18):G$="DODGE RACER   (PRESS FIRE)":J$="SCORE: ":Q$=" HIGH: "
1GR.7:C=80:V=66:X=80:Y=66:CO.1:PL.3,70:DR.155,70:DR.155,33:DR.112,33:DR.112,4:DR.3,4:DR.3,70:PL.18,55:DR.140,55
2DR.140,48:DR.97,48:DR.97,19:DR.18,19:DR.18,55:CO.2:PAI.0,0:SO.:POKE 752,1:? G$ J$;P:?Q$;H:PAI.19,20:GOTO 4
3V=40:CI.45,36,20:CI.45,36,35:CI.113,36,20:CI.113,36,35:CO.0:PL.79,29:DR.79,43:SO.:CO.2:PAI.0,0:PAI.45,35:PAI.113,35
4T=STRIG(0):IF T=0:SO.0,60,2,2:POKE 77,0:GOTO 5:ENDIF:U$="WELCOME TO LEVEL 2":GOTO 4
5S=STICK(0):IF S=7:D=1:ENDIF:IF S=11:D=2:ENDIF:IF S=14:D=3:ENDIF:IF S=13:D=4:ENDIF:A=RAND(155)
6B=RAND(70):IF D=1:X=X+1:ENDIF:IF D=2:X=X-1:ENDIF:IF D=3:Y=Y-1:ENDIF:IF D=4:Y=Y+1:ENDIF
7LOCATE A,B,L:IF L=0 AND F>10:CO.1:PLOT A,B:SO.1,50,4,4:F=1:P=P+10:CLS:IF P>=H:H=P:ENDIF:SO.1,0,0,0:ENDIF
8LOCATE X,Y,W:IF W=1:GOTO 9:ENDIF:IF F=0:P=0:ENDIF:CO.2:PL.X,Y:CO.0:PL.C,V:C=X:V=Y:F=F+1:GOTO 5
9SO.0,20,0,6:F=0:D=1:W=0:G$="GAME OVER":CO.1:IF P>799:GR.7:POKE 752,1:?U$:?J$;P:?Q$;H:X=68:C=68:Y=40:GOTO 3:ENDIF:GOTO 1
Variables:

X  = X POSITION
Y  = Y POSITION
C = 'OLD' X POSITION
V = 'OLD' Y POSITION
D  = DIRECTION (1=RIGHT, 2=LEFT, 3=UP, 4=DOWN)
W  = COLOR VARIABLE FOR CRASH LOCATOR
L  = COLOR VARIABLE FOR JUNK PLACEMENT
S  = STICK 0
T  = TRIG 0
P  = POINTS
H  = HIGH SCORE
F  = FRAME DELAY 
A  = RANDOM X VALUE
B  = RANDOM Y VALUE
G$ = "DODGE RACER"/"GAME OVER"
J$ = "SCORE: "
Q$ = " HIGH: "
U$ = "WELCOME TO LEVEL 2"

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 6

Hi!

I finished my second game: "Joyas"

attachicon.gifpantalla.png

You play with the joystick, join more than three pieces of the same type to make points. The game is over if you have less points than moves, press any key to start again.

I tried to make the game faster, but it's really difficult with the slowness of basic ;-)

attachicon.gifjoyas.atr

Wow. In ten lines of BASIC. Just Wow.

I was thinking of trying to throw my hat in the ring with something, but entries like this are a bit intimidating!

Amazing.

Well, another day, another game. I think I'm picking Basic up pretty fast, but I've still got a long way to go.

Dodge Racer is a fairly fast-paced action game Fire button starts, stick steers, and points are awarded as each new obstacle is placed. Can you make it to level 2? Dodge Racer runs a bit too fast when compiled, but there's tons of space to build in a time-waster if these need to compile.

attachicon.gifDODGER.BAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNoh6ZH2gw

CODE

0D=1:W=0:F=1:P=0:H=0:DIM G$(44),J$(7),Q$(7),U$(18):G$="DODGE RACER   (PRESS FIRE)":J$="SCORE: ":Q$=" HIGH: "
1GR.7:C=80:V=66:X=80:Y=66:CO.1:PL.3,70:DR.155,70:DR.155,33:DR.112,33:DR.112,4:DR.3,4:DR.3,70:PL.18,55:DR.140,55
2DR.140,48:DR.97,48:DR.97,19:DR.18,19:DR.18,55:CO.2:PAI.0,0:SO.:POKE 752,1:? G$ J$;P:?Q$;H:PAI.19,20:GOTO 4
3V=40:CI.45,36,20:CI.45,36,35:CI.113,36,20:CI.113,36,35:CO.0:PL.79,29:DR.79,43:SO.:CO.2:PAI.0,0:PAI.45,35:PAI.113,35
4T=STRIG(0):IF T=0:SO.0,60,2,2:POKE 77,0:GOTO 5:ENDIF:U$="WELCOME TO LEVEL 2":GOTO 4
5S=STICK(0):IF S=7:D=1:ENDIF:IF S=11:D=2:ENDIF:IF S=14:D=3:ENDIF:IF S=13:D=4:ENDIF:A=RAND(155)
6B=RAND(70):IF D=1:X=X+1:ENDIF:IF D=2:X=X-1:ENDIF:IF D=3:Y=Y-1:ENDIF:IF D=4:Y=Y+1:ENDIF
7LOCATE A,B,L:IF L=0 AND F>10:CO.1:PLOT A,B:SO.1,50,4,4:F=1:P=P+10:CLS:IF P>=H:H=P:ENDIF:SO.1,0,0,0:ENDIF
8LOCATE X,Y,W:IF W=1:GOTO 9:ENDIF:IF F=0:P=0:ENDIF:CO.2:PL.X,Y:CO.0:PL.C,V:C=X:V=Y:F=F+1:GOTO 5
9SO.0,20,0,6:F=0:D=1:W=0:G$="GAME OVER":CO.1:IF P>799:GR.7:POKE 752,1:?U$:?J$;P:?Q$;H:X=68:C=68:Y=40:GOTO 3:ENDIF:GOTO 1
Variables:

X  = X POSITION
Y  = Y POSITION
C = 'OLD' X POSITION
V = 'OLD' Y POSITION
D  = DIRECTION (1=RIGHT, 2=LEFT, 3=UP, 4=DOWN)
W  = COLOR VARIABLE FOR CRASH LOCATOR
L  = COLOR VARIABLE FOR JUNK PLACEMENT
S  = STICK 0
T  = TRIG 0
P  = POINTS
H  = HIGH SCORE
F  = FRAME DELAY 
A  = RANDOM X VALUE
B  = RANDOM Y VALUE
G$ = "DODGE RACER"/"GAME OVER"
J$ = "SCORE: "
Q$ = " HIGH: "
U$ = "WELCOME TO LEVEL 2"

You should mention here that this is in Turbo-BASIC (I know you did in your video description), just for clarity. Also, I wouldn't call it "Atari BASIC" at the same time, it's a little confusing.

Interesting little game. Not bad for your first time programming.

• Like 2