IGNORED

Yurkie's N64 & NES RGB mods *NESRGB in Stock US Distributor*

Yurkie

Hi,

Longshot here, but I am dying to get a hold on to a NES RGB. I see in the topic that you have an NES already modded for sale. I wish to buy it.

Thing is. I live in Sweden. If you don't want to or can't, I respect that.

Let me know if you wish to sell it.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Boards available for purchase from Tim's site and shipped by me to US customers.

I also have a personal stash of boards available if you want to ship your Front Loader (Toaster) or AV Famicom for modding.

Oh man this is tempting. I've been wanting an RGB capable output NES. I'm currently using RGB-SCART for my SNES and really want an RGB picture for my NES. I gotta do some more research but I'll keep following this thread. These modded N64 and NES are 100% good to go with RGB? No more mod necessary? Forgive me if I'm asking dumb questions; I just got on this thread and read through quickly.

With a NESRGB modded NES console, can you still use a composite or s-video cable? If so, only from the multi-out port right? Or can you still use the original RCA A/V outputs if you desire?

Reason I am asking is because I don't have the cables yet to use the RGB!

You can use the N64 composite or s-video cable in the multi-out or buy the 3rd party ones. Not the original rca jacks on the side that where for composite.

Hey Yurkie,

Do you also stock the SMS boards? I tried emailing Tim aboit their availability but I havent heard anything in about a week.

No. His store(the section where he does his own shipping from Australia) shows it as sold out. I am sure that Tim gets alot of emails, your best bet is to check back often.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received an official SHVC-010 cable from Japan and I tried connecting it to the XRGB mini framemeister (using the adapter that came with it). It shows up mostly black with only colorful lines, I have been using a N64 composite cable for at least a week or so and it works wonderfully!

Any ideas? I am only testing this through the framemeister connected to a capture card + computer. I am pretty sure it is not the capture card or framemeister because I switched back to composite and it works just fine.

P.S. Thank you Yurkie for the console!

Update: I connected the framemeister straight to my monitor this time and took a picture! http://i.imgur.com/PYOWq2P.jpg

Edited by Freeze

I think the SHVC-010 I received is bad. I tested it on my SNES with no mods and it shows the same thing! I think I will buy cables from retrogamingcables. I don't need the built in sync stripper for the xrgb mini?

Should I buy the "Super Nintendo Entertainment System SNES Super Famicom SFC RGB AV SCART Cable NTSC TV lead wire cord" from retrogamingcables? I noticed that you say I can get either composite + sync or CSYNC? Which one would you guys recommend?

Edited: I contacted the person I bought my SHVC-010 from, he said he tested it before shipping it and that the cable is only for Japanese consoles. :?

Edited by Freeze