IGNORED

TT030 info?

I just got from a thrift my first ST class mahcines yesterday. I got a TT030 system with monitor and a 1040st. They are my first ever ST class ataris, I have always had 8 bit ataris or the gaming systems. I got them for 12.90 (including tax).

I am very curious about the TT030, i have never seen one before and their is a bare minimum of info on the net about them. I a bit of info at atari-history.com and what i found interesting was that it said its a toss up as to which mahchine is better (the falcon or the tt030).

Also what is the gonig value of the tt030? i can't find any info on ebay abou tthem, apparently there have been none for sale in quite a while.

Thanks

Bo

I just got from a thrift my first ST class mahcines yesterday.  I got a TT030 system with monitor and a 1040st.  They are my first ever ST class ataris, I have always had 8 bit ataris or the gaming systems.  I got them for 12.90 (including tax).

I am very curious about the TT030, i have never seen one before and their is a bare minimum of info on the net about them.  I a bit of info at atari-history.com and what i found interesting was that it said its a toss up as to which mahchine is better (the falcon or the tt030).

Also what is the gonig value of the tt030?  i can't find any info on ebay abou tthem, apparently there have been none for sale in quite a while.

Thanks

Bo

Hi,

I don't know about www.ebay.com but at www.ebay.de they sell them alot. The price depends on the extra's.

Like the 19" monitor, VME VGA card (like crazydots), VME network card and or the amount of memory it has.

But the TT030 is a nice machine... why do you want to know the price just don't sell it, use it... 8)

TXG/MNX

I wish I could find a TT030 at a thrift around here....  :D  That's a pretty nice find.

I don't know if the power supply from the TT can be used in Europe and the US. Like with the pc there is switch on the powersupply's 120V/230V.

For all other things there should not be a difference. I think when you buy a TT030 in Europe it would cost more to ship it to the US then you have to pay for the TT :sad:

But maybe it's still a good price... as long as you don't ship the 19" monitor with it.... :D

As for knowing the price, i just kinda like to know the value of things that i acquire. Not for reselling, just for knowing the potential value of the object. I've never actually sold anything on ebay ever but i have gotten quite a bit of rare to semi-rare video game stuff in the last few years.

So thats why i was wondering the value. Also so i could explain to my friend why in the world would i pickup and old computer that is bascially "worthless" as far as he is concerned what kind of intrinsic value it really has.

But i am still looking for websites that have technical and useful detail about the machine. :-)

Bo

OKay i powered up the TT and used an old vga monitor (i thought that i had to use the atari montiro i got, turns out that is for the 1040stf that i got, cool!) (btw this model has 8 megs of ram that check out fine when it boots).

It appears to boot fine HOWEVER there is no hard drive icon. The hard drive is spinning up, i can hear it spin up and the light does flicker at times (like when it starts to boot the system).

But the only icons that show up are 2 floppy icons (only one floppy dirve though, odd). It has a 40 meg hard drive and i really would love to try to access it, if its good.

If its bad, then so be it but then i need to find a replacment, how big can i go?? i have scsi drives that range from 170 megs (from old Macintosh performa 630's) up to a 4 gig ultra scsi with a 50 pin to hdd 68 pin adapter. Which ones can i use?

And how do i format it, etc?? Please help me since i am a total newbie at this whole 16 bit atari stuff (never been exposed to it before).

Also how do i know what version of the OS do i have?? when i click on the about desktop menu choice, it only shows the copyrights and the newest copyiright is 1991.

Thanks

Bo

It appears to boot fine HOWEVER there is no hard drive icon.  The hard drive is spinning up, i can hear it spin up and the light does flicker at times (like when it starts to boot the system).

But the only icons that show up are 2 floppy icons (only one floppy dirve though, odd).  It has a 40 meg hard drive and i really would love to try to access it, if its good.

Is drive formated? Is some disk driver (HDDriver, AHCX, AHDI,...) installed? If so just press Alt+C and the window with contents of drive C will open. Then you can choose "install devices" from Oprions from GEM menu line. And then you can save desktop with Options -> Save Desktop

In case there is only empty disk you must install some disk driver first

If its bad, then so be it but then i need to find a replacment, how big can i go?? i have scsi drives that range from 170 megs (from old Macintosh performa 630's) up to a 4 gig ultra scsi with a 50 pin to hdd 68 pin adapter.  Which ones can i use?

You can use standard SCSI 2 hard drive (I have 4GB) , I don't know if Ultra SCSI with adapter will work, I think it should.

And how do i format it, etc?? Please help me since i am a total newbie at this whole 16 bit atari stuff (never been exposed to it before).

You must use some of AHDI, HDDRIVER, AHCX utility application

Also how do i know what version of the OS do i have?? when i click on the about desktop menu choice, it only shows the copyrights and the newest copyiright is 1991.

I am not 100% sure but if there is memory test after switch on you have TOS 3.06, otherwise 3.05. Nick wrote that he has 3.07 but I know nothing about.

A little comment about the TT showing 2 floppy drives; All Tos based machines show an A and B drive. It comes in handy when copying files from 1 disc to another. With 1 drive it will ask you to swap discs instead of copying it to drive B.

Wich machine (the Falcon or TT) is better depends on what kinds of things you want. The TT is faster, a bit more expandable/upgradable (VME bus) and looks a little more professional with it's desktop case. The Falcon on the otherhand can do better GFX and sound. When it's DSP is put to good use it can outperform the TT in many ways

• 1 month later...

Unix is good system, but I have not one... You can try a Mint with Xwindow - very nice...

Hard disk - SCSII II (68PIN) working excellent with TT, but You must have SCSII connector from 68PIN to standard SCSII 50PIN cable.

If You want your TT working faster - try NVDI from Application System Heidelberg - it is software graphics accelerator.