IGNORED

ABBUC SWC 2014: Dimo's Quest

8Bitjunkie

• 1 month later...

Thank you. :-)

The Editor will find the way to the public as part of the release bundle (digital Version for free)
and will have the capability to save your own Level to an (atr-file) Atari Level Disk.

btw: I am searching for level designer - if someone of you is interested, please contact me.
The Editor is currently only available for Windows (later maybe MAC OS too) ...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 1

Hi.

That editor can be used to create only new levels for Dimo's or it can be used to create other same type of games chars, charsets and maps?

By the, I don't remember if you said this or not: you have how many and whats the 'kind of' charsets in your game (each tile seems [2x2] chars tiles so the charsets are what, interleaved 2 per each...)?

Hi.

That editor can be used to create only new levels for Dimo's or it can be used to create other same type of games chars, charsets and maps?

By the, I don't remember if you said this or not: you have how many and whats the 'kind of' charsets in your game (each tile seems [2x2] chars tiles so the charsets are what, interleaved 2 per each...)?

In first place, it will only let you design new maps for Dimo's Quest. It is very hard coded directly for my game, so the output is not common, but very special for my routines indeed... :-)

Just as i needed it :-)

Well i decided to use one charset for the upper half of the patterns (tiles) and another charset for the lower part of the pattern (tiles).

in this case, i can have 64 different pattern (tiles) on one screen...

I was saying that because if in some way it could be used for at the begining an horizontal scrolling that would be great.

If you go to C64 sites, for example, you'll see that they have nice editors like Charpad.

Because you seem to have a good knowledge in Windows languages programming then maybe you could, after finish the game and instead of start another game you'll do a great service to the A8 community building an editor.

If you want we can talk and I'll say what using this one with some little more goodies people need in an editor and never had on A8.

• Like 1

Because you seem to have a good knowledge in Windows languages programming then maybe you could, after finish the game and instead of start another game you'll do a great service to the A8 community building an editor.

If you want we can talk and I'll say what using this one with some little more goodies people need in an editor and never had on A8.

Shure, why not?

As I do use Rastertracker and Rastaconverter for my game, I would be glad to give something back to the community...

Let's start talking after the ABBUC contest :-)

• Like 3

Shure, why not?

As I do use Rastertracker and Rastaconverter for my game, I would be glad to give something back to the community...

Let's start talking after the ABBUC contest :-)

That would be awesome.

I made my own Windows-Editor especially for my game. However, making it general (like Charpad for the C64 is) is too much "boring" work. :(

EDIT:

About these DLI-color stuff in the editor. Are you using a DLI accessing an absolute table (lda tab_col0,y) which is exported by your editor or are you actually doing something really clever like generating the DLI code? That would be interesting. As said earlier, I plan on implementing this feature in my editor as well :) If you feel the answer to my question is not of general interest, just open a PM thread :)

Edited by Creature XL

About these DLI-color stuff in the editor. Are you using a DLI accessing an absolute table (lda tab_col0,y) which is exported by your editor or are you actually doing something really clever like generating the DLI code? That would be interesting. As said earlier, I plan on implementing this feature in my editor as well :) If you feel the answer to my question is not of general interest, just open a PM thread :)

At this point in time, it is quite simple:

My editor just generates the output in the excact syntax i need it in eclipse with Jac's wonderful WUSDN Plug in...

I just have to cut'&'paste... :grin:

here, have a look:

post-38160-0-75643100-1405253919_thumb.pngpost-38160-0-95558700-1405253940_thumb.png

[Aber da Du in Hannover wohnst und ich in Bad Oeynhausen können wir uns ja auch einfach mal treffen]

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

I am very proud to say that Hilton Theissen (Singer/Songwriter/Gitarrist for bands like "Akanoid", "Slavemode" and "Leichtmatrose") will do the acoustic magic for Dimo's Quest.
We also plan to produce the titlesong with real instruments including professional vocals! (after the ABBUC Contest) :-)

Here is my little Atari guest in Hilton's Eletrofish Studio:
post-38160-0-27889800-1405704945_thumb.jpg[

Hilton playing Atari 8Bit for the first time ;-)
post-38160-0-55130700-1405705124_thumb.jpg

And this is the perfekt moment to say "thank you" to Irgendwer for showing me the secrets of Rastertracker... :-)
post-38160-0-38978600-1405705234_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems to be a great game with really excellent graphics, color, speed and gameplay ... Very excited about that.

One thing though. That tune is not matching the quality of the game. Perhaps someone like miker could help here. The small tune on the text-screens is better;

Anyway it is great!

• Like 1