IGNORED

ABBUC SWC 2014: Dimo's Quest

8Bitjunkie

a) I wasn't going to post comments until the contest is over but I've got stuck on level 15. Is this doable? Is so perhaps a small hint ;)

b) I really hope we get lots of new levels for this as there's tons of potential. :thumbsup:

c) The movement is a little quick but you get used to it, however a non Atari friend played and struggled a bit; you might consider an easy option with everything slowed down a little.

a) I have send you a PN

b) So do i :-)

c) good idea...

check out www.talios.de/dimo on sunday for a new version...

800XL NTSC main screen rock solid, Level text screen jumps. Plays fine until stones across water.. after you get off the ice and run across top of screen ghosted images appear.. I was still able to complete the level.. then teleport level.. able to just about complete level but game eventually crashed with screen corruption.. only a couple treats left when it happens.. I will try on 130XE next but figure I should report it to you

Had fun with it. Jay Miner Amiga to Jay Miner 8 bit!

• Like 1

I have added this disk to my MyIDE Images and it runs perfect from MyBIOS.

Not tested yet as ATR in the FAT32 portion. Did you try that?

I have added this disk to my MyIDE Images and it runs perfect from MyBIOS.

Not tested yet as ATR in the FAT32 portion. Did you try that?

will NOT run as an ATR from the FAT32, still figuring out how to run from MyBios

Edited by IndusGT

I *LOVE* this game. :)

The music is spot on, I love the little jingle when you die (it's sort of sad but in a sweet way). Haven't tried it on real atari yet (using Altirra). It's also very responsive. The animation of Dimo is good and the "ghosts" look cool. The puzzles get gently harder without being too taxing early on. Good use of color. Excellent.

Have been playing the game for a few hours tonight. It's very cool! Thanks again, I really love this game. Runs fabulous on MyIDE ][ on MyBIOS. Very fast loading

One thing: I'm in PAL land, and sometimes there is a slight issue with the player "Dimo"... somewhere else on the screen (on the same horizontal position, but lower or higher placed on the screen) there is sometimes a small line which is moving left + right together with Dimo. As soon as I move over that line with Dimo, it's gone. It happens usually when you walk into that blinking thing that moves you to another part of the level.

Is that a known issue?

Have been playing the game for a few hours tonight. It's very cool! Thanks again, I really love this game. Runs fabulous on MyIDE ][ on MyBIOS. Very fast loading

One thing: I'm in PAL land, and sometimes there is a slight issue with the player "Dimo"... somewhere else on the screen (on the same horizontal position, but lower or higher placed on the screen) there is sometimes a small line which is moving left + right together with Dimo. As soon as I move over that line with Dimo, it's gone. It happens usually when you walk into that blinking thing that moves you to another part of the level.

Is that a known issue?

(Yes I had the same problem too)

Am I dumb to not be able to figure out Level 5 (I think it's 5, the one with the ice and rocks....). Playing the Abbuc version from their floppy :)

I found that after a few more experimental goes on each level you can figure them out - sometimes it's a case of trying to see what else can you do... you've probably figured there are 3 items that let you traverse 3 types of elements. I can't remember what level 5 was but the 'rocks' may be pushed over the water and used to cross ;)