IGNORED

ABBUC SWC 2014: Dimo's Quest

8Bitjunkie

Nice looking boxes/cases...

thank you. i like them too :-D

post-38160-0-84525600-1459974798_thumb.jpg

big full color cardboard box

green atari disk (well, only mine is red)

50 page manual with big "making of part", full glossy color and hard cover

bonus CD with sung title track (video and mp3), 2 and a half hour of making of videos, story board, level editor, pictures, and so on...

(this is available today, limited to 50 pieces numbered on hologram, but only in german language.)

and, "when it's done" - a 8MBit cart with green housing...

i wish, the amiga Version had such a package in 1993...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 1

thank you. i like them too :-D

attachicon.gifpackung.jpg

big full color cardboard box

green atari disk (well, only mine is red)

50 page manual with big "making of part", full glossy color and hard cover

bonus CD with sung title track (video and mp3), 2 and a half hour of making of videos, story board, level editor, pictures, and so on...

(this is available today, but only in german language.)

and, "when it's done" - a 8MBit cart with green housing...

i wish, the amiga Version had such a package in 1993...

OK, this all looks quite nice too. But judging from the other picture that I commented on, the case looked like it was made from hard, shiny plastic. That photo must be of some "virtual" case design, I assume?

Edited by MrFish

OK, this all looks quite nice too. But judging from the other picture that I commented on, the case looked like it was made from hard, shiny plastic. That photo must be of some "virtual" case design, I assume?

yes, that was a rendering image made before the linen-covered cardboard boxes were printed, so it is no photo...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

yes, that was a rendering image made before the linen-covered cardboard boxes were printed, so it is no photo...

Alright, still quite nice though. They look much more sturdy than the typical thin construction ones, with the fold in flaps (the kind that are just waiting to be crushed).

Alright, still quite nice though. They look much more sturdy than the typical thin construction ones, with the fold in flaps (the kind that are just waiting to be crushed).

they are! you can put a two liter coke bottle on top of it without even bending the cardboard box - it's made in Germany :-D

• Like 3

Thomas, "making of" is very interesting.

Will you translate it in English? Please!

well, if the 50 "german" Deluxe boxes are sold out, and then, if there is further demand, there might be a budget "international" ( = english) box with complete english text (only the videos would still be german but with english subtitles) ... and it would be nice to have the NTSC Version ready then ;-)

But i don't know how big demand is / will be...

Edited by 8Bitjunkie
  • Like 1

well, if the 50 "german" Deluxe boxes are sold out, and then, if there is further demand, there might be a budget "international" ( = english) box with complete english text (only the videos would still be german but with english subtitles) ... and it would be nice to have the NTSC Version ready then ;-)

But i don't know how big demand is / will be...

Well, I sure hope you will ship the German edition overseas. I have a PAL setup for such things and I need one of these.

• Like 1

Hello MrFish

they are! you can put a two liter coke bottle on top of it without even bending the cardboard box - it's made in Germany :-D

This is just the kind of technical specification I'm looking for. :D

I'ld also want to know if that coke bottle was full, empty or somewhere inbetween. :D

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

Hello Thomas

I love the black stuff myself. But it's got one disadvantage. It's taste is exponential to how much is still in the bottle. So I know how hard it is to leave a cold, unopened bottle of Coke unopened. :D

Sincerely

Mathy (who dislikes the two liter bottle, because it takes too long to empty it. The taste is gone long before the bottle is empty)

i am just working on my audio converter routine for the intro sequence with digitized speech.
i use the title track to check the quality for different parameters.

Although the title track will not be included on the cart itself (to less memory space, but the song is on the bonus CD in mp3 format)
maybe you wanna have a look to this frog party... ;-)

This is the Atari 80 pixel / 9 color mode with animation and 15.6 KHz 4 Bit audio samples...

dance.mp4

ELEKTROFISH feat. Andreas Stitz : " Dimo`s Quest"

Kleiner Frosch, bestehe in der Welt
auch wenn der Froschkönig nichts von Dir hält.

Sammle fleissig Alles Süsse ein.
Hol Dir die Prinzessin und mach Sie Dein.
Setz Dich durch und sei kein Lurch.
Sei kein Frosch sondern ein Mann,
und zeig dem König was ein Frosch so Alles kann.

Folg der Idee von deiner Fee und trink beim alten König Tee.
Bitte Ihn um Dori`s Hand und hol Dir Never Ever Land.
Mensch Dimo, bald fährst Du Limo zum Altar!
König Grünfuß lacht, Oh je, schickt Dich los fürs Praliné.
Sieh Dich vor sonst ist`s vorbei mit der Süßkramholerei!
Mensch Dimo, vom Frosch zum Superstar, Oh ja!

• Like 3

Hello Thomas,

I really would love to own one of those nice cartridges, which was a good reason to finally register here on AtariAge.

But I'm not sure I quite understand exactly how this Limited Edition thing works. The 50 (German) boxes include the disk and the cart versions? Or is the cart edition sold seperately when it's finished?

Hello Thomas,

I really would love to own one of those nice cartridges, which was a good reason to finally register here on AtariAge.

But I'm not sure I quite understand exactly how this Limited Edition thing works. The 50 (German) boxes include the disk and the cart versions? Or is the cart edition sold seperately when it's finished?

aye aye Captain,

welcome to AtariAge :-)

Ok, i will try to clarify:

There was a game called "Dimo's Quest in ABBUC Land" from ABBUC Software contest 2014

* disk version available since fall 2014

*16 level, english language, PAL

For this game there exists a level disk from New Years Disk 2015

* disk version available since january 2015

* 16 different level, english language, PAL

These two images were posted in this thread, but better use the follow up version

Currently there is a game called "Dimo's Quest - Setz Dich Durch und sei kein Lurch"

* the DISK edition is finished since fall 2015

* available for download freely (in german and english language, both PAL)

* 32 Level (16 level from the ABBUC software contest 2014, 16 level from the NYD2015)

Dimo_LurchEdition_English_fix.atr

Dimo_LurchEdition_Deutsch_fix.atr

If you like "Dimo's Quest - Setz Dich Durch Und Sei kein Lurch" then you may buy:

the deluxe box set in german language:

(cardboard box, green atari 5.25" disk (A: german, B: english), bonus CD, 50 page manual Hardcover)

this box is available today, limited to 50 items and nearly sold out...

post-38160-0-04437000-1460494922_thumb.jpg

Now to the FUTURE ONE:

if the german deluxe box set is sold out, there will be a budget DISK box set in english language

(Budget = smaller box, black 5.25" disk, less bonus content, less page manual softcover)

No price / no date known at this point of time

There WILL be a game "Dimo's Quest - Setz Dich Durch Und Sei Kein Lurch" CART edition

52 level, german and english (PAL, maybe NTSC later) which is currently WORK IN PROGRESS

it will be available in future (download for free)

and if you like it, you may buy it on CART separately (without a box) when It's done ;-)

post-38160-0-65977300-1460497131_thumb.jpg

No price / no date at this point of time

regards

Thomas

• Like 1

Philsan, on 13 Apr 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:Philsan, on 13 Apr 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

Cartridge edition will have deluxe box and bonus CD, 50 page manual Hardcover?

a) box sets are always with disk and without cart - regardless if box is deluxe or budget, english or german language.

b) cart ist always sold seperatly = just the green module shown in picture above, without box.

so, you may buy the cart in future and you may buy the preferred box now (or later, if still available) ;-)

Edited by 8Bitjunkie

Ok and thanks.

I, sadly, don't have a real machine and I'm also very bad on finances but maybe this question would help others to decide:

"Would it has inside the box space for the cart?"

Only asking because it seems there will be many papers inside. It maybe nice that people could put also the cart inside and have all together.

Great Marvelous work!...

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

Thanks for the explanation and for the welcome, Thomas.

Dimo's Quest is a great game. I check a certain online auction site from time to time for the Amiga (and MS DOS) version, but those seem to be really rare.

The Limited Edition looks really nice. I'm just a little undecided if I can afford it right now.

Regards,

Jan

Edited by Captain Past
  • Like 1