IGNORED

DK Arcade 2600 - Playable Demo!

Byte Knight

Giving it a try...won't load on the Harmony Encore. The ying yang just spins and spins.

Try updating as explained here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216037-dk-arcade-2600-new-4-level-demo/?p=3073649

You can choose the new 1.06 Beta Bios: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226997-harmony-106-bios-beta/?hl=%2Bharmony+%2Bbios&do=findComment&comment=3071941

Or the last final 1.05 Bios: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/156500-latest-harmony-cart-software/

Giving it a try...won't load on the Harmony Encore. The ying yang just spins and spins.

I'm my thread, which is the same game, you reported that updating to Harmony Bios 1.05 made it work for the last demo.

The files in my thread are the same as in this tread (Byte Knight compiled the demos).

Are you using a second Harmony Cart that is not at Bios 1.05 or newer?

Dauber also reported a problem with the last demo, but hasn't reported if it got fixed.

I can confirm this game doesn't load on Encore.

It appears you are using an outdated version of DPC+.arm. The bug in the outdated DPC+.arm you're seeing is only now being exploited with Encore hardware. If the DPC+.arm version is the one that came with bB, then it's my mistake :(

Please update your bB files with the attached and the game should work with Encore.

DPC+.zip

• Like 1

Is the US/Japanese screen order supposed to work in this version? Cement Factory is always the second screen no matter what

No, only Japanese order works in the demo version. We didn't want you to have to play through 6 screens to get to the Cement Factory screen...

• Like 2

I'm using the Encore, had a friend get batari to update it at CGE. It's not the old Harmony anymore. The older version of the game doesn't work either, I mistakenly loaded DK VCS, that other 2600 Kong game. I've got bios 1.06 beta 2 loaded.

I can confirm this game doesn't load on Encore.

It should work now - get the new binaries in the first post.

Maybe I'm just slow or I just missed something. Will you please explain the differences in rom files? I see the two demo files and then one more DK23Arcade2600.bin what file should we use? Thanks for the info. Great work on this.

No problem.

The 2 demo files are newer. They come in E for easy, which would be how the game plays the first 4 levels, and H for hard which shows how the game will increase in difficulty.

DK23Arcade2600.bin is the older demo when we first put all 4 levels together.

LOVING the update in Stella, thank you so much for your work

REALLY wanting a cart release, any news on that front?

You guys ROCK

When will this be for sale and how much?

With the large backlog of games that still need to be released, we're considering selling the rom file (for something like $10). We were wondering what people would think about this and if you would still buy a cart version too should it eventually come out on cart.

With the large backlog of games that still need to be released, we're considering selling the rom file (for something like $10). We were wondering what people would think about this and if you would still buy a cart version too should it eventually come out on cart.

I would totally pay $10 for a completed rom, and a cart later should they appear

• 3 weeks later...

This game needs to take #1 priority for a cart release. It isn't often a game like this comes along.

Thanks so much.

That makes Byte Knight and myself very happy.

There are just too many finished games and holiday games that it is not possible at this time.

I'm still trying to get the second Level 4 win music tune in there.

So much has been cut or never implemented.

The girder stomping was cut in favor of the spin death animation and title / selection screen.

Level 4 rivet bonus items were cut in favor of more fireballs and reduced flicker, but they did make it into the Elevator level.

The bounce back off the invisible sides would have been awesome.

Level 1 uses more than the allowed cycles for the barrels, angles, hammer, etc. Throwing barrels and bottom fireballs would have been cool.

• 6 months later...

Co-creator here. There are two bugs I'd like to get fixed. Ladder centering sometimes "centers" you off to the side of a ladder causing you to fall to your death at the top of a ladder. The other one where there is sprite garbage on the lower conveyor belt I could live with it should it not get fixed.

Then AtariAge has to choose to take on publication of this, or something else will need to be worked out to get them to retrogamers.

• Like 1