IGNORED

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic

thanatos

I can't believe there isn't a topic for this one, it's only 7 weeks away!

Got my room reserved, it sounds like the hotel is getting short on them, I couldn't get the $92 rate, I had to get a fancier room.

My 26 year old CoCo will be making the trip along with me as usual.

• Like 1

Go for the club floor level. We can hang out in the lounge and act like millionaires!

I got the King bed + Double Sofa Bed (whatever the heck that is). Hopefully that means there are two beds as I was hoping to split the cost with someone. I actually didn't have a choice, there was exactly one type of room available when I booked. Maybe if you call you can get more options?

EDIT: Oh now the Club Floor one is available, but it's $10 a night more! Bah

I got the King bed + Double Sofa Bed (whatever the heck that is). Hopefully that means there are two beds as I was hoping to split the cost with someone. I actually didn't have a choice, there was exactly one type of room available when I booked. Maybe if you call you can get more options?

EDIT: Oh now the Club Floor one is available, but it's $10 a night more! Bah

But it sounds like internet is included with those rooms.

But it sounds like internet is included with those rooms.

Wait, there isn't internet included with the regular rooms? Are you kidding? Even Hojo and Motel 6 have free wi-fi. It must be included.

EDIT: I just called and checked. All rooms have free wi-fi, the description doesn't mention it because some Sheratons don't offer free wi-fi, but this one does. Also there were no cheaper rooms available, just the King bed room and the club level room. The club level room has free breakfast and snacks and access to the lounge. Since I'm never in my room anyway that seems like a waste to me.

I'm considering going to the show on one of the days but have never been before. Is it more arcade-focused, video game-focused or a bit of both? Are there retro games exhibitions and/or vendors? And, most importantly, does AtariAge have a booth? :)

Thanks!

All of the above minus the AA both.

AtariAge used to come, but not anymore.

I plan to bring back my usual exhibitions:
-Intellivision II + ECS + Music Keyboard (it's always a hit)
-Aquarius

-Compaq Portable (for some reason, people love Ms. Pac-Man on a 5" green screen)

-TRS-80 Model I

-TRS-80 MC10

-Studio II
-Sears Pinball Breakaway
-Timex/Sinclair 1000 (and/or ZX81)...although I might leave this to Ozyr since he runs one with a ZXpand.
-Apple IIe/c if there aren't three or four Apples there already.

I might add an Atari XEGS this year, since I don't recall one ever being displayed in the past. I'd love to show off my Tandy 2, but with no games to run on it there's probably not much reason to haul it out of my basement and herniate a disc other than to show something that runs on 8" floppies. Matt, you're bringing Video Brain, right? :P

I have a bunch of stuff in my basement I need to get rid of. I'll have to go through it all in the next week to see what's all there. Gotta clear up some space!

I'm considering going to the show on one of the days but have never been before. Is it more arcade-focused, video game-focused or a bit of both? Are there retro games exhibitions and/or vendors? And, most importantly, does AtariAge have a booth? :)

Thanks!

Do yourself a favor and go. It's got arcades, pinballs, consoles (from Odyssey to current gen), exhibits, tournaments, presentations, and vendors out the yin-yang.

I plan to bring back my usual exhibitions:

-Intellivision II + ECS + Music Keyboard (it's always a hit)

-Aquarius

-Compaq Portable (for some reason, people love Ms. Pac-Man on a 5" green screen)

-TRS-80 Model I

-TRS-80 MC10

-Studio II

-Sears Pinball Breakaway

-Timex/Sinclair 1000 (and/or ZX81)...although I might leave this to Ozyr since he runs one with a ZXpand.

-Apple IIe/c if there aren't three or four Apples there already.

You had a Trash 80 there last year? I was hoping to bring my Model III but it's not going to be fixed in time for the show.

I believe I'll be bringing:

Videobrain

Arcadia 2001

Astrocade

SV-328

and possibly my MSX 2+. I don't know if anyone else had an MSX or not.

I might add an Atari XEGS this year, since I don't recall one ever being displayed in the past. I'd love to show off my Tandy 2, but with no games to run on it there's probably not much reason to haul it out of my basement and herniate a disc other than to show something that runs on 8" floppies. Matt, you're bringing Video Brain, right? :P

I have a bunch of stuff in my basement I need to get rid of. I'll have to go through it all in the next week to see what's all there. Gotta clear up some space!

I can bring an XEGS, if it saves you the work of hauling one more system.

I'm actually a member of AA because of the booth he had the first time I attended the MGC (And the last time he was there).

Probably would have never gotten so involved without it!

Jen and I will be bringing the whole fam down. Between the 2 of us: 18yo son, 2 10yo girls, a 7yo son, and a 19mo son -alot, to say the least. This will be our first time attending one of these, but are excited about the event and the oppurtunity to meet others from here.

We will not be staying onsite, however. I have a buddy that lives and works in the area and is setting us up with a hotel.

Looking forward to meeting everyone that is going.

Allen

MGC! If anyone has any consoles that are broken, we'll be doing troubleshooting and fixes again in the "Benheck Experience" area. Anything Pre-XBox360/PS4 Era we will gladly take a look at, just leave a post on what console and what the issue is for us to do a little research on possible solutions before the show. (Event Location is still TBD)

MGC! If anyone has any consoles that are broken, we'll be doing troubleshooting and fixes again in the "Benheck Experience" area. Anything Pre-XBox360/PS4 Era we will gladly take a look at, just leave a post on what console and what the issue is for us to do a little research on possible solutions before the show. (Event Location is still TBD)

I have a non-working Virtual Boy that I would love to get fixed. It worked just fine the last time I used it (about 2 years ago) but when I turned it on a few months ago I got nothing. No sound, no picture, no anything.

I can bring an XEGS, if it saves you the work of hauling one more system.

We should probably hold off on that until I find out if we'll even have a TV for it. I'd hate for you to drag it all the way up here and then we end up not using it.

If there's a monitor (and room!) for one, I can just bring mine. The Atari 8-bits are already pretty well-represented anyway; I'm just trying to think of ways to add some new flavor to our lineup.

We should probably hold off on that until I find out if we'll even have a TV for it. I'd hate for you to drag it all the way up here and then we end up not using it.

If there's a monitor (and room!) for one, I can just bring mine. The Atari 8-bits are already pretty well-represented anyway; I'm just trying to think of ways to add some new flavor to our lineup.

My offer includes a screen for it. :)

Edited by thanatos
  • Like 1