IGNORED

Wii U Problems

MIKE5200

We started having problems with the Wii u pad. The WiFi range is reducing each week. Now its about 8 feet and wont work.

After about 150 hours on its log, I've started it twice now with a message on the Wii U gamepad about it not being within range of the system even though it wasn't more than 8 feet away or so.

Hope mine isn't developing that problem. Is the wifi antenna working itself loose in the gamepad or something?

Call nintendo and talk to tech support. They helped me set up mine when I got it.. (yeah I am that old/dumb)

I was pissed off cause I was wondering where my included nintendoland game went.. but later found it in the download screen..ya just cant trust these pesky new fangled contraptions.

I like to stick to my 7800.. power switch.. fire button and shes a going!!

When I had it laying flat it was crap. I shimmed the front with two dvd cases and the wifi speed was awesome. It could not stream utube movies sitting flat. Now it sits in the factory cradle things and works great.

I shit u not.

Atarileaf.. everyone knows at 52.86 deg. F the flux capacitor will cause thermo fusion of the sphincter. So your 52.85 reading is correct.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem I really have is battery life.

If I use the Wii U for Netflix or NintendoTVii (such as during the Super Bowl or Oscar's), I sometimes get a red flashing lite before the movie or event is over. Yeah, I could plug it in to the charger while using it, but in the living room there isn't an outlet close to our chairs so I'd have to run a drop cord.... sort of defeats the purpose of wireless control (and I'm lazy...LOL)

I can easily watch a 2-3 hour movie on a full charge. Often on the gamepad itself on full volume. There is that new battery that they have I guess a guy could go that way and fix the problem. But they just shoulda shipped it originally with the new batteries.

I can easily watch a 2-3 hour movie on a full charge. Often on the gamepad itself on full volume. There is that new battery that they have I guess a guy could go that way and fix the problem. But they just shoulda shipped it originally with the new batteries.

Maybe my launch battery is dying out, I don't know. But I'm not getting a long charge.. I used it fully charged to watch NintendoTVii during the Oscars (was fun answering the trivia questions and such) and the red light was blinking about 30 min before the show ended. Was the same sort of situation during the Super Bowl.

I'm not sure how it does with games as I haven't played any long gaming sessions of an hour or more in quite some time.

Maybe my launch battery is dying out, I don't know. But I'm not getting a long charge.. I used it fully charged to watch NintendoTVii during the Oscars (was fun answering the trivia questions and such) and the red light was blinking about 30 min before the show ended. Was the same sort of situation during the Super Bowl.

I'm not sure how it does with games as I haven't played any long gaming sessions of an hour or more in quite some time.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to last that long. You might get more if you turn down the volume alittle.

There are also brightness settings. As I recall, default is the brightest setting or close to it.

The battery life of mine is pitiful. Nintendo really erred in not having the extended life battery installed by default. Must be annoying for fans using their system regularly that bought the basic SKU without the charger stand.

Edited by Atariboy

I had forgotten until it arrived yesterday that I had ordered the extended life battery for the gamepad from Nintendo. Either it was a popular customer purchase or Nintendo didn't have very many of them in stock as it took almost 3mos to arrive (I ordered it just before Christmas).

Anyway, I installed it and charged it over night, so we'll see if it helps out with longer hours of gamepad use.