IGNORED

MAME/Arcade High Score Club Week 21: Track and Field

Deteacher

I came across a neat little technique on the internet to push the buttons mega-fast. It really helped me get a great score on this game, and helps immensely on other games too, particularly Joust.

What you do is take your pointer finger and middle finger and place them on the edge of the button. Then all you do is wiggle your fingers in kind of a scratching motion, if you will. You would be amazed at how fast you can push the buttons this way!

Have a look at the picture to see the location of your finger placement on the button----------->>>>attachicon.gifIMG_20140301_2301241.jpg

So are you just pressing the one button, or do your fingers pass over two buttons? Does this work on North American style buttons, or only Japanese style buttons?

Never heard of the "cup trick" in all my years of playing. I have heard of and use the "pencil cheat" on my Hyper Sports/Track-n-Field (2 in 1 by just changing the boards) machine all the time. Can anyone post a video of the cup trick in action?

So are you just pressing the one button, or do your fingers pass over two buttons? Does this work on North American style buttons, or only Japanese style buttons?

Yes, you are just pressing the one button. Two fingers on one button. It works on North American style buttons. I am not sure about the Japanese style buttons. Try it, it really works.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across a neat little technique on the internet to push the buttons mega-fast. It really helped me get a great score on this game, and helps immensely on other games too, particularly Joust.

What you do is take your pointer finger and middle finger and place them on the edge of the button. Then all you do is wiggle your fingers in kind of a scratching motion, if you will. You would be amazed at how fast you can push the buttons this way!

Funny you should say that big brother, I just rewatched the documentary on arcades called "Chasing Ghosts Beyond the Arcade" and they mention that trick in the movie.. I believe one guy even used his mothers electric knife!!

Have a look at the picture to see the location of your finger placement on the button----------->>>>attachicon.gifIMG_20140301_2301241.jpg

Edited by centiqueen81