IGNORED

"Flappy Bird" on the C64... now for the TI!

OLD CS1

I have only been able to play in Classic99. I am going to put in on my TI tonight in the dining room for fun. I will be taking it up to my vendor shop to show it off. This is great -- well done, and thank you, Rasmus.

• Like 1

Rasmus, how do you come up with so much code so quickly??? I am truly flabbergasted, or to use Willsy's terminology, my flabber has been thoroughly gasted :)

Indeed well done!

Yes, I nominate Rasmus to the esteemed rank of: Uber-Programmer*

TI-Scramble - Titanium - Road Hunter - FlappyBird

You know a guy is good when he has his own directory on WHTECH! :)

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/games/Rasmus/

Rasmus, how do you come up with so much code so quickly??? I am truly flabbergasted, or to use Willsy's terminology, my flabber has been thoroughly gasted :)

Indeed well done!

Perhaps flappygasted is the word you're looking for? :)

Anyway, I had already written the scrolling code, sound player, etc., and I ripped the sprites and music. The most time consuming part was to design the scrolling graphics.

The game itself is very simple, the bird just moves in one predefined path (flap and drop) that is restarted every time you press fire.

• Like 1

So the track is not generated dynamically? As far as I know, on the app, the track is not fixed, that is, everytime you play, the pipes come in a different, random height which is determined for each pipe seperately.

It would also be nice if you could include that "whack" sound when the bird smashes into a pipe. I realize, however, that it would be difficult to include the "pa-ling" sound with each pipe passed since all three sound channels are busy playing music.

Indeed well done!

Don't know what the big deal is, anybody can code like this when they sell their soul to the Devil!!!! :skull: :skull: :skull:

Indeed well done!

I'd like to think it's because he's already got a Super Mario Bros. clone in the pipeline ;)

• Like 1

Wow, just checked it out and they surely seem to have started making Angry Bird for every platform :P

Then again, it's a really basic concept and something people are familiar with by now.

Found everything from a VCS and Vectrex version to a Ti-83 and ZX81 version :)

Might have to tackle making a GB version one of these days, since that doesn't seem to be done yet :B

Hahaha... this is pretty cool! Nice soundtrack too! :)

I like how they used SLL's tune from one of Steel Pulse's Amiga cracktros
Always loved this song, great to see it being used more :D
Edited by robotwo

It was called SLL3 if I remember correctly (can't check on this PC since it won't run the online modplayer and I have none installed either)

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=57466

Got it.. it's this one: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=57464 :-)

Yeah, there you go :D

Really love the samples that SLL uses.

Extremely contageous sound.

I have a mixtape somewhere around here that was filled with some really classic Amiga demo and cracktro tunes I recorded back in the day.

I remember rocking out to SLL5 so many times :P

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=57468

Edited by robotwo
  • Like 1

Yeah, there you go :D

Really love the samples that SLL uses.

Extremely contageous sound.

I have a mixtape somewhere around here that was filled with some really classic Amiga demo and cracktro tunes I recorded back in the day.

I remember rocking out to SLL5 so many times :P

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=57468

The samples sound very reminiscent of some of the Psygnosis tracks, in particular Blood Money. Me likey.

This is actually getting as addictive as it is annoying! ... I can get to 21 points before the bird takes a nose-dive.

I must say, excellent use of graphics .... splendid background which scrolls smoothly and a lovely little main sprite. The TI sprites always did look better when they had a black outline around them, and another sprite used for the main colour, I like that.

• Like 1