IGNORED

Dig Dug Variation

Paul Westphal

In all my collecting I have always had the older brown and black label Dig Dug's. I bought a silver label one the other day, and the program is different than the others. The bonus fruits are all one color and have no detail, and the title screen is different. What happened here? Did they put the prototype in the silver labels? I won't be buying anymore silver's.

In all my collecting I have always had the older brown and black label Dig Dug's. I bought a silver label one the other day, and the program is different than the others. The bonus fruits are all one color and have no detail, and the title screen is different. What happened here? Did they put the prototype in the silver labels? I won't be buying anymore silver's.

There are two version of Dig Dug. But you can get either of them with any type of shell as far as I know. I've had both versions on brown carts before. The main cartridge versions are from '82 and '83. The '83 version, which I believe is the one you're describing, is the same as the version for the 5200. I actually prefer the '83 version, even though the graphics are simpler in some ways, because I like the playability. But the '82 version does have some attributes that mimic the arcade better than the '83 version.

Edited by MrFish

I believe that there are more variations than that! There's an older thread on Dig Dug variants on this forum.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199828-dig-dug-variants/?hl=%2Bdig+%2Bdug+%2Bvariants&do=findComment&comment=2561503

I was speaking of the two versions of the game itself, which is all there is. The other variations just have to do with title-screens.

According to Atarimania, there is only one other variation on the title screen for cartridges: Dig Dug Carts.

Edited by MrFish