IGNORED

IntyBASIC compiler v0.5

nanochess

Just run IntyBASIC first to convert BASIC to ASM. Open command prompt or type run in your window's search box and type the command into the box.

C:\jIntBASIC\IntyBASIC.exe test.bas test.asm

And then run as1600.exe.

C:\jIntBASIC\as1600.exe -o test.bin -l test.lst test.asm

Test either in Nostasic or jzintv.

OK, I downloaded everything and as1600 said there's 80 errors in test.bas.

You need to first run IntyBASIC first to compile the test.bas. It convert .bas to .asm. Then run as1600.exe to compile the asm source file. as1600.exe cannot compile test.bas as is, it's impossible.

The 80 errors message I get is from using as1600, not IntyBASIC. Also, I don't know what the errors are, it won't tell me.

ERROR SUMMARY - ERRORS DETECTED 80

- WARNINGS 0

If you followed the instructions provided by Kiwi above, you would have a file with extension "lst". This is the assembler's "listing" file, which contains the output of the assembler as it worked. It will show you where the errors occurred.

Here is the lst file it made, if that helps.

http://www.atari2600land.com/test.lst

Hmm... The errors show that SDK-1600 symbols are undefined. To me it looks like you are missing the "preamble" library of the IntyBASIC. I think you have to copy those files to your source directory.

If that is not it, then it's that you need to add the SDK-1600 library directory to your assembler's library path. Check the assembler's documentation on how to do this for your operating system. Usually it is done by either setting an environment variable or adding an option with the path on the assembler command line.

I compared your .lst to mine. There's no intybasic_epilogue.asm or intybasic_prologue.asm instruction in your .lst file. Are the intybasic_epilogue.asm and intybasic_prologue.asm in your folder?

Does your IntyBASIC folder have,
game1.bas
game2.bas

intybasic(has no file extension)
IntyBASIC.exe
intybasic_epilogue.asm
intybasic_linux
intybasic_prologue.asm
manual.txt
scroll.bas

sprites.bas

test.bas

title.bas

as1600.exe

I don't have this folder in my "Program Files"{64-bit version program reside only) or "Program Files (x86)", which requires admin permission and write protected. I have it in C:\Intybasic7\

Edited by Kiwi

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you'll need to go to the Computer Properties and look for "environment variables." I don't have a Windows computer, so I can't help with that right now.

Perhaps someone can provide assistance with setting up the environment for the SDK-1600 in Windows.

I have two files, one named intybasic_prologue and one named intybasic_epilogue. Are those them?

You should run the IntyBASIC compiler from the command line in the same directory where you have test.bas, intybasic_prologue.asm and intybasic_epilogue.asm

The problem is that the compiler doesn't found these files, so aren't included in the generated test.asm file

I'll put a warning for this in the next version of the compiler :)

Also try to use the newest version of the compiler http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223886-intybasic-compiler-v07-now-with-intycolor/ it includes new useful features and solves some bugs

The some of the errors are located in that file listed:

528e 0204 0006 			BEQ T78
				MVII #-1,R0
 ERROR - expression exceeds available field width
5290 02b8 ffff 

528e 0204 0006 			BEQ T78
				MVII #-1,R0
5290 02b8 ffff 
 0x5292           

52a7 0204 0006 			BEQ T82
				MVII #-1,R0
52a9 02b8 ffff 

There is intybasic 0.7.3 and this project been compiled under intybasic 6. I'm kinda stumped on how/why it is producing error.

The latest one:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223886-intybasic-compiler-v07-now-with-intycolor/

Now there's 39 errors. I quit. It's impossible. Thanks for trying, but I guess I'm too stupid.

You're not stupid, it's just a pain to get everything set up initially.

If you send the .lst file, we will be happy to look at it.

I want to play "Nice Ice" on the Intellivision!