IGNORED

KC Munchkin Monster Maze (Atari 2600)

Mr SQL

I am most assuredly IN, especially after Marc made a box for it! This is an excellent project, and quite unique. Please reserve one for me.

Nice work!

Thanks bfstats! :)

Update for everyone whose placed an order:

post-30777-0-52460400-1394031248_thumb.jpg

Tapes are ready to ship! :) I will be sending them first class this saturday for everyone who has ordered so far and will provide US tracking numbers or customs declaration numbers for international orders (these are also first class).

Marc has made a really incredible reproduction box for KC that is available seperately, please order this awesome StarPath box directly from Marc to complete a deluxe edition set!

post-30777-0-15372000-1394032934_thumb.jpg

This box is perfect for display and for storing and protecting the game tape, colour docs and genuine 1980's retro video game flyer! :)

• Like 1

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately I don't.

You've twice now appeared with a finished game that nobody can try out before buying. Or if this statement is wrong, with no consideration of feedback to improve said games.

I thought I'd take a chance on this since I love my Supercharger.

The cassette insert picture is upside down. The spine is the right way, but the picture is not like other Starpath tapes.

The picture is at a terribly low resolution with nearly unreadable small print. How this was made the size of a box, but couldn't be printed nice on a 3x2 cassette insert I have no idea.

The game audio seems to be recorded three times. First slow, second fast, third slow again, then fast but chopped off as it begins.

I started by playing it into my computer.

There is quite a lot of noise for something that has to be clearly played into a Supercharger.

The first "game audio" fails at three blue bars, no matter what the volume.

The second fast one doesn't even register with the Supercharger.

The third sound file one finally loaded 100%. This was after over an hour of failure trying to play it directly from a new cassette player and recording it to my computer, with success playing it from my phone as an AIFF uncompressed sound file.

The game plays much worse than the video shows with monsters flickering all over the place, and your character going off screen and disappearing a lot without scrolling to wherever you go, and an overall very, very jittery bouncy maze. I'm talking up and down bounce jitter.

Also there always seems to be dots at the bottom, but you can't get them even when you get down there, only when the dots are running near the center.

So starting off I have to go right and disappear off the right side of the screen, invisibly go up and appear along the top, then left to a dead end that somehow you go down and to the left.

Two systems connected to a 47" LCD TV experience this. One unmodified RF system connected to a 27 inch CRT runs properly.

So I guess I am upset about gameplay that should have bug reported and fixed before release, along with considering gameplay suggestions and movement from players.

I feel it is a bit overpriced, a higher quality insert could be done, the sound recording could be clearer, and buggy gameplay on some systems improved. The binary emailed with the tracking number is good.

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately I don't.

...T...I feel ripped off at this point. Overpriced, bad insert, bad sound recording, buggy gameplay.

"The game plays much worse than the video shows with monsters flickering all over the place, and your character going off screen and disappearing ..."

iesposta,

I didn't make a fake video! The technology in KC pushes the VCS and was designed for real hardware with a classic television.

You were playing it on your computer instead of a real Television - Stella needs the glide wrappers on windows to better display the game because it is double buffered, but even then it's not going to look as nice as a tube television because KC also takes advantage of both phosphor and artifacting as shown in the video.

Please try the game on real hardware with a classic television and let me know if you still don't enjoy the gameplay, the sounds and the visuals, and if you still believe I made a fake video.

KC was a lot of fun to write and I've had a ton of fun playing it with my friends and watching it in demo mode at pong parties - it should be fun for everyone! :)

• Like 1

I was playing on a real television.

I do not have a ROM file of this game.

Playing today mached your video. I never said your video was fake.

I said the first time I played it, munchkin was going off screen and it was not scrolling.

Playing today I didn't have that problem.

I think you should email the bin file to those that purchase this cassette.

I was playing on a real television.

I do not have a ROM file of this game.

Playing today mached your video. I never said your video was fake.

I said the first time I played it, munchkin was going off screen and it was not scrolling.

Playing today I didn't have that problem.

I think you should email the bin file to those that purchase this cassette.

iesposta,

sounds like you are having fun now! Awesome you were able to play on a real Television and that the game matched the video!! :)

I emailed the bin file (Harmony backup) with your tracking number. Thanks for clarifying it was the cassette insert picture that was upsidedown, it should be the same as in the picture.

• Like 1