IGNORED

R.I.P. Defender of the Crown?

Fushek

Yes of course it should have come out before Rocketeer, after all Elektronite have been working on it for close to 9 years now (02/2006 in the link :P):-

attachicon.gifwww_intellivisionworld_com_english_News_2006_02_asp(x2).png <---- Click to enlarge

Our programmer quit. What's your excuse?

Nevertheless, Defender of the Crown is not dead and is on the back burner.

I'll send you a copy if it ships before Rocketeer to show you how a release should be done.

Our programmers quit. What's your excuse?

Fixed that for ya. Theres a pattern there... Arnauld left, I left, Carl left, Syd left, I guess its all our fault isn't it? :ponder:

Nevertheless, Defender of the Crown is not dead and is on the back burner.

In my opinion the only chance this game has is for Arnauld to start working on it again and get it over the line.

I'll send you a copy if it ships before Rocketeer to show you how a release should be done.

Oh, you mean take 10 years to get out the door, like DK :lol:.

Listen you troll.....you know that you were never involved in finishing Defender of the Crown. I asked before I knew you can't finish anything.

Arnauld quit programming DOTC before I ever started publishing games.

I asked Carl to finish it and he agreed but we couldn't come to an agreement on pay. So, he never really was involved. The announcement of him finishing it was premature.

Syd agreed to do it and had to quit due to health reasons.

Your obvious implication that programmers quit because of me is a total fabrication. Trying to troll me because Carl took 10 years to complete DK Arcade? Wow, grasping at straws are we?

How about you ship SOMETHING.....ANYTHING, before trying to taunt me about a game that we are still working on.

My quick comment.

first of all: we all avoid starting new useless discussion... I have the clear impression that people introducing verbal fights are people who really do not care about Intellivision community at all.... everyone can see by themself who has delivered something to collectors or not during recent years..

DOTC is my personal preferred game of all times and a dream of mine to be ported on this limited console Intellivision.

The previous work done by Arnauld was pretty good but finally stopped because facing the limits of the machine in dealing with such a complex game (should I remember DOTC was the killer app selling Amiga computers in the very beginning of the amiga life? I mean.... we speak about Amiga... not a very limited console such intellivision)... now the introduction of better hw support in the cartridges and huge amount of memory can change the scenario and make DOTC happend... its is not easy anyway, it will take moretime again)...

Edited by vprette

The plans to have a kickstarter to finance the completion of the game have been cancelled.

The game will not have a kickstarter. It will ship when it is ready.

Yeah, kickstarters sound like a good idea at first and sometimes work out well, but sometimes just producing a game the old fashioned way is best. Good luck on its completion. You have two sales with me when it's done :-)

Listen you troll.....you know that you were never involved in finishing Defender of the Crown.

I wasn't involved in completing DotC, but you did ask me whether or not I'd be interested in taking it on. I even told you that you had the Amstrad version of the source code and not the C64 like you thought. Its all here for people to read :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217049-elektronites-blackmail-attempt/

Seems to me that you were trying to find a cheaper alternative to Carl at the time :roll:.

I asked before I knew you can't finish anything.

I wholeheartedly agree that I've never finished anything apart from several games, tech demos and utilities/tools.

Your obvious implication that programmers quit because of me is a total fabrication.

Point proven :lol:.

Trying to troll me because Carl took 10 years to complete DK Arcade?

Kroz is now 3.5+ years in development, Old Skool was abandoned in 2007... Just sayin' :P

How about you ship SOMETHING.....ANYTHING, before trying to taunt me about a game that we are still working on.

Ship something like Wasp! (Wasp! again :lol:) and Worm! for the 7800 you mean? Both of those games have been available for sale in the AA store for several years now :roll:. As an aside, these are the links to Wasp! and Worm! in the AA store.

Still working on a game on the backburner? :lol: Which is it? Sorry, but without a programmer working on the game, the project isn't going forward at all is it?