IGNORED

2014 Texas Pinball Festival - March 28th-30th

Albert

Looks like I've convinced the wife to come up to the Dallas area with me for the weekend, so I'll be able to attend at least part of the show. Sorry there won't be classic home systems, but given how much I enjoyed the arcade area from the Houston fest, I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Hmmm, I played 2 different MMs tonight and one of them was incredible (also priced at 12k). I'll have to go back and see if it was one of the repros tomorrow.

FYI to AtariAgers, I'm planning on wearing a blue Atari shirt tomorrow. Come ask me what my favorite 2600 game is!

I attended Friday evening and played a ton of Pinball machines. My fiance and I got there early and participated in the Guinness WR attempt. I still don't know if we beat the record or not. Sadly I didn't get to try Mideval Madness unfortunately as the lines for those two machines were rediculous. Too many other pins to try out without standing in line. There may have been fellow AtariAgers there but I wouldn't have recognised any of you. I was a 270lb dude with long hair and goatee wearing a black Tshirt with Blinky, Inky, and Clyde on it. Albert, were you there? I have no idea what any of you guys look like. I certainly didn't see anyone there wearing AtariAge T-Shirt or I would have said something. Plenty of graying and/or balding men though. I'm not quite there yet... :P

My fiance decided she wanted to leave at 9:30. Really we ended up leaving at 10pm because I discovered a SouthPark Pin I hadn't tried yet. I beat the living crap out of Kenny by attacking him with pinballs (yes, he died, twice - apparently you can only kill him twice per game; the light in his noggin goes out and further hits award nothing - it took me a few more hits to realise he was really dead :skull: ). My fiance made me pinky swear that South Park would be my last game, so I had to keep my word. She practically had to drag me out of there. I certainly wouldn't have minded staying about 3-and-half more hours; sore feet or not I was having a blast... :P

I took a wrong turn on the North Dallas Turnpike and ended up in the boondocks so I had to backtrack through Dallas. We got back to Shreveport shortly before 2am. Had I stayed until the venue close it would have been 5am. I guess I didn't have my fill yet because no sooner did I drop my fiance at her house, I went home and played Pinball Arcade on my Ouya. Such a pinball addict. Now it's getting light outside. If I had any less common sense I'd pop some caffeine pills and drive back to Frisco, Tx right now, without any sleep, and keep playing Pinball all day long (again) until I collapse...

Not making this up, you can actually die from video game overdose:

http://www.ranker.com/list/8-people-who-died-playing-video-games/autumn-spragg

Edited by stardust4ever

I'll be wearing a blue polo shirt with "AtariAge" embroidered on the front.

I did see the two Medieval Mayhem reproduction pins last night. They look quite good! They are clearly labeled as "Reproductions" on the upper-left hand corner of the backglass.

..Al

Sorry I missed you. It was a one day affair or me.

I'll be wearing a blue polo shirt with "AtariAge" embroidered on the front.

I did see the two Medieval Mayhem reproduction pins last night. They look quite good! They are clearly labeled as "Reproductions" on the upper-left hand corner of the backglass.

..Al

Medieval Madness?

The best pinball ever!

Things slowly get packed up or shut down on Sunday. Also there are machines that just aren't working anymore after 2 days of hard play. That being said, I got to play the prototype Predator machine and it was very fun. I also met a local Dallas guy who happens to own the rights to reproduce Bally logos! He offered to trade me 2 pins for my RFMars on the spot. I didn't trade, but I'm going to keep that guys number. One of them was an excellent Gorgar that I might have to follow up with him about later.

I've been to 5 of these, and I think this was the best one. There were more games and not sooo many people that you couldn't play what you wanted. I never did get to play the sit down Star Wars arcade though . . . . In general, the games seemed to be in better condition than past years.

I also bargained and bought an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail machine. It's in really good shape and the vector monitor looks awesome. I got such a good deal on it that I almost stole the thing from a really great AtariAge member who I plan to keep in touch with. If he has sellers remorse I'll sell it back to him next year at the same price :)

One of the highlights for me was playing "Ice Cold Beer." It's a bar game where you try to move a small ball into holes by controlling a rod that moves vertically up and down. Anyway, I found myself alternating with a guy who beat the thing and rolled the score. Everybody in the area cheered for him - really felt like a great arcade moment.

I never did play the MM repros although I did play the original a few times.

• Like 1

^^Man, I'm jealous. My house is so cluttered I wish I had the space for a coctail cab or pinball. Then there was that VS "red tent" with Super Mario Bros and Excite bike. $1000 price tag. And it doesn't even matter that I can play the RetroUSB repro versions on my NES. That thing was cool. Maybe someday I'll have an video or pinball atcade game... :)

Things slowly get packed up or shut down on Sunday. Also there are machines that just aren't working anymore after 2 days of hard play. That being said, I got to play the prototype Predator machine and it was very fun. I also met a local Dallas guy who happens to own the rights to reproduce Bally logos! He offered to trade me 2 pins for my RFMars on the spot. I didn't trade, but I'm going to keep that guys number. One of them was an excellent Gorgar that I might have to follow up with him about later.

I've been to 5 of these, and I think this was the best one. There were more games and not sooo many people that you couldn't play what you wanted. I never did get to play the sit down Star Wars arcade though . . . . In general, the games seemed to be in better condition than past years.

I also bargained and bought an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail machine. It's in really good shape and the vector monitor looks awesome. I got such a good deal on it that I almost stole the thing. Told the guy that if he has sellers remorse that I'll sell it back to him next year at the same price :)

One of the highlights for me was playing "Ice Cold Beer." It's a bar game where you try to move a small ball into holes by controlling a rod that moves vertically up and down. Anyway, I found myself alternating with a guy who beat the thing and rolled the score. Everybody in the area cheered for him - really felt like a great arcade moment.

I never did play the MM repros although I did play the original a few times.

I wouldn't say you stole it. We negotiated a price. I didn't want to haul it home, and thought it would be nice to help you get your first video game and get you into the hobby. When it comes to this hobby, money isn't everything.

It's a small world.

• Like 4

I wouldn't say you stole it. We negotiated a price. I didn't want to haul it home, and thought it would be nice to help you get your first video game and get you into the hobby. When it comes to this hobby, money isn't everything.

It's a small world.

I think it's pretty cool that you are both members of AtariAge. I wouldn't have expected that! I also looked at your Asteroids Deluxe cocktail for a friend who lives in Frisco but wasn't able to attend. He's been looking for an Asteroids Deluxe machine for a while, but wants a regular cabinet, so he wasn't interested in the cocktail.

..Al

• Like 1

I also bargained and bought an Asteroids Deluxe cocktail machine. It's in really good shape and the vector monitor looks awesome. I got such a good deal on it that I almost stole the thing from a really great AtariAge member who I plan to keep in touch with. If he has sellers remorse I'll sell it back to him next year at the same price :)

It's a small world.

It is indeed a small world. I adjusted my post above - I'm so glad you contacted me through AtariAge. At the very least, I hope to see you at the show next year.