IGNORED

The Intellivision Graphics Tile Editor By Elektronite

Hello, y’all!

I recently started doing mock-ups with Elektronite’s new Intellivision Graphics Tile Editor (INTV GTE); so far, I did several title screens and playfield screens.

I’d like to learn how to create animated sprites (the moving objects in the video games)—how do I go about it?! I do know about the 8 animated sprites limit per video game.

Thank You!

Hi there,

It's hard to understand what you are looking for. On the one hand, you are asking for help animating sprites; on the other, you use a completely unrelated title for your threads.

If you are trying to learn how to program the Intellivision, and to do animated graphics, then we can certainly help. However, you'll have to provide some information as to what you have tried, what has not work, and what specifically we can help with. Just asking "how do I go about creating animated sprites" is like asking "how do I go about building a house"--there are a lot of things that you need to know and do before getting to a point where you can hammer things together, and the question provides absolutely no context with respect to your efforts.

If you are trying to make animated sprites in Elektronite's graphics tool, you'll probably have to contact the Elektronite guys to learn how to use it. I haven't seen it, so I don't know if there is a user's manual for it.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Hello, y’all!

I recently started doing mock-ups with Elektronite’s new Intellivision Graphics Tile Editor (INTV GTE); so far, I did several title screens and playfield screens.

I’d like to learn how to create animated sprites (the moving objects in the video games)—how do I go about it?! I do know about the 8 animated sprites limit per video game.

Thank You!

What games do you have coming up? Or is there perhaps a confidentiality clause?

I remember you may of been working on some Horse Racing game?

The Elektronite Intellivision tile editor is a powerful tool for creating graphics on the Intellivision. It runs under Windows and requires .NET

It DOES come with some documentation, but it doesn't teach you how to program the Intellivision. You CAN created animated background cards with it. Recently, the diamonds for Boulder Dash ® were animated using it.

It isn't a publically available utility, and is distributed on request. It doesn't mean that we ONLY give it to Elektronite programmers, but we wish to control the distribution.

We have a very well written game engine we will be releasing shortly as well.

• Like 1